It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa Ignores "Corrective" Rape Attacks Against Lesbians

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
As always, rape is about power and control. I notice that the African men aren't raping homosexual MEN; just the women.

There is a device called rapex designed by a woman in Africa to combat the prevalent rapes in that country. I think these devices should be "installed" on every female in the country, starting at birth (since, apparently age is not a deterrent).

And how could brutalization, assault and battery, rape and trauma ever be a enticement to change your preference to that of the one doing the rape?

Disgusting and outrageous!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Admit it gays....everything you have is because you live in the "west". It's funny that on one side of the world gays get disproportionate representation across the board, yet on the other side of the world they're treated worse than cattle. Funny is definately the worng word. Ironic i guess.
sad sad.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sad indeed. My country just moving backwards day by day. Myself wishing my 2 kids could have seen South Africa as i did, 30 years ago.

Ysterlong said it very well, i applaud him.

Another fact is that there are so many, hundreds of thousands, millions of illegal immigrants running around raping and murdering South Africans, yes black and white South Africans and now "South Africa Ignores"

When the black South Africans especially the Zulu's started to "hunt" down illegal immigrants for their crimes, yes all illegals i admit the innocent and the guilty ones, from the raping of babies under 12 months of age to grannies of 90 years. I cannot even count the times i have read/seen these type of reports and the slaughter of families and every other unimaginable crime, then all of a sudden South Africa became known as a "xenophobic" country. They have become tired of their people being killed and raped. Taking their jobs away played a role but the biggest were the crimes..fact!

Don't misunderstand me, i know many South Africans are murderous monsters, but damn every country have these monsters and the most dangerous man in a South African jail for such above mentioned crimes ain't a South African...

South Africans don't ignore these issues but the useless ANC government does. As for Mandela, a good man but he cannot run this country at his age. That man delivered but none of his successors have nor will they. We need to rid of the ANC before ...well it is too late already.

[edit on 3/13/2009 by qonone]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Here is a similar newspaper report today in a South African Newspaper:News24

Johannesburg - Gangs of South African men are raping lesbians in the belief it will "cure" the women's sexual orientation, an aid agency said on Friday.

Thirty one lesbians have been reported murdered in homophobic attacks since 1998, but support groups say the actual number is probably much higher because crimes on the basis of sexual orientation are not recognised in the South African criminal justice system, ActionAid said.

Of the 31 cases, only two cases were brought to South African courts and there has been only one conviction. South Africa has one of the world highest rates of rape but activists say very few cases end in conviction, and women's groups say police and the justice system have failed to tackle the problem. It said the police were particularly reluctant to investigate crimes against lesbians and said support for survivors was inadequate.

Thirty one cases from 1998???? I cannot believe that this is the statistics they are showing the world - thirty one thousand seems more like the correct figure.

With reference to qonone....

When the black South Africans especially the Zulu's started to "hunt" down illegal immigrants for their crimes, yes all illegals i admit the innocent and the guilty ones, from the raping of babies under 12 months of age to grannies of 90 years.

I have come accross just another news report today, confirming this issue. It is strange that it is only reported in an Afrikaans newspaper. I could not find this story in one of the English newspapers. View source: Beeld Newspaper

In short, the story is about a Mozambican man who worked for an elderly couple as a handy man and was like "a child in the house". He raped the 65 year old woman before taking fire arms and cash from the safe in the house. Fortunately he was spotted and arrested by the neighbourhood watch close to the crime scene.

Nobody talks about the psychological and emotional damage caused by these brutal attacks. In South Africa the criminal is protected and - for a fact - has more rights than the victims of his crime. Criminals have access to the best medical facilities and legal council (free of charge), while the victim has to pay his own medical expenses. In the event that a victim physically defends himself against a criminal - he is immediately arrested and must explain why he has used force against his attacker. Even the police are too scared to use any force against criminals, due to fear of punishment. This is very sick.......

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Ysterlong]

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Ysterlong]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
In the non judgmental world of Darwinism, will such barbarism result in Africa's eventual extinction?

My guess is there will be just sustained tyranny against women and children for a long time to come.

In Africa's more traditional tribal era, was the place of women not a good one? Were they not revered, protected and given a place of authority, or am I remembering some fairy tale?

How did they go from that to the current horrible situation? I am thinking by contrast, about the Natives of North America, who also had their lives turned upside down by Europeans. Over here, the result is high suicide rates and poverty, and also rape as I recall recent headlines.

Perhaps it is not so much of a contrast but a similarity.

My heart cries out for the women so brutalized. May they get their power back somehow, someday!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
this obvioulsy is is directly related to lack of education.

Education .. and morals... and ethics... are not related. You can be dumb and respectful, just as you can be a genius and be a bigot.

Comes down to the soul, in my opinion. Not education.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think its both. Denying ignorance would help alleviate the situation somewhat.

For example, if the politicians clearly stated that raping babies doesn't cure AIDS, then it would reduce the number of rapes. However this isnt occuring... some of them still don't even believe AIDS exists.

Then again, the myth of baby rape curing AIDS has been propagated by witch doctors throughout Africa. Most Africans listen to witch doctors more than politicians anyhow.

There's a charity my company donated money to a while back which provides armed guards to orphanages to prevent HIV infected men sneaking in and raping the children... can't remember what its called, but it's definitely one worth supporting (they shoot dead intruders). I think that's the best way... Africa isn't ready for subtle policing- they must revert to brutal, martial law style policing.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Oh bless her heart. That is terrible.

Unfortunately, South Africa has an enormous problem with rape. It's one of the worst countries in the world for this crime statistically.

'Raping someone straight' also makes absolutely no sense. I have to wonder about those intentions, though, especially when the victim is murdered.

This is nothing more than a reason to brutalize someone and experience a form of control over another. Looks like some men can't handle the fact some women aren't attracted to them. It's a sick power kick.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Anyway, they are a young democracy. Perhaps one day they will learn.

I don't think they will. I think the situation in Africa is going to get worse and worse through chronically corrupt or inept leadership - and I use the word leadership as loosely as possible. I can see Africa actually going backwards rather than forwards for decades to come. I think it needs external intervention but I doubt anyone is really willing (aside from perhaps China) to get involved due to the 'colonial card' being played. Which is, after all, the card Mugabe likes to keep up his sleeve and has formed the basis of what legitimate support he does have.

It's a crying shame as Africa has so much potential in its people and its resources.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The situation in Africa is akin to a disease that destroys the mind and soul of the person affected -- only in this case it is an entire continent.

In some respects, a complete collapse and reversion to its hunter-gatherer roots might be a blessing. Unfortunately that will never happen because there is gold in Africa and other resources that the developed world will pay for, and that money will keep the insanely corrupt in power.

We in the developed world (both through governments and business) should resolve only to deal with African leaders who demonstrate a conscience; because if we don't, then we are contributing to the status quo.

Our corrupt business class don't care about morals and won't make this change unless we the consumers and voters make them.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
To think that to brutally rape someone would somehow correct their sexual orientation is not only insane but deeply and profoundly offensive...

I don't think they think this will "cure" them at all. They simply want to rape them, and once caught, feel the need to create an excuse for their behaviour.

Do these men seriously think that raping a lesbian is going to make them like men more?

Originally posted by Ysterlong
Hopefully I can start to understand how the heads of these sick people work..

You will never understand them if you think they are "sick". They're not sick, they're evil. There's a big difference.

[edit on 15/3/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've got an idea, we Americans have lots of money, we should spend billions in Africa for social/racial justice,education, health care an other noble causes.......crap...we tried that already

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
So many people here are going to hate me for asking this, but was this lady white? Because thousands of white farmers have been brutally murdered in SA. I don't hear anyone bitching that innocent white farmers are being slaughtered on a daily basis in SA, but one lesbian is murdered, and all # hits the fan.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

No, raping someone straight makes no sense. If you watch the video on the OP you will see their logic. One man interviewed said he was to busy to rape the lesbians, but if other men could he supported that. His theory goes on to say:

If you rape them, they will see what it's like with a man and I thinks they will like it much better that way. Show her the way, how it's done.

South Africa was a prosperous developed nation, regardless of the racism and segregation issues, I fail to see how those who where suppressed for so long, finally taking over, and let it all go to hell. It's not just them though, it's the whole damn continent.. look at Nigeria for example, the oil money is there that could run a beautiful icon of liberty and justice in Africa. It is squandered away by the corrupt, divided in meaningless wars and absolutely no economical build up. It's a waste.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Truth

No, she was not white. It was in regards to sexual orientation, not race.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

we Americans have lots of money, we should spend billions in Africa for social/racial justice,education, health care an other noble causes.......crap...we tried that already

Its not the money you spent on noble causes that was wrong, it was the money you/we spent on gold, oil, diamonds and other resources from corrupt governments that was wrong. OK, it probably wasn't you personally, but it was money spent by the businesses that you and I are customers of.

Thats where the change needs to be. You and I can and should take the time to find out where our stuff comes from and then make a decision about whether or not we want to support the situation with our $$$.

Our everyday spending habits can affect the social and political situation in places all over the world where products and resources come from. If it is financially beneficial for an African leader to stop crimes against women, then that is something he will do without any other effort on our part.

If he is getting rich anyway without worrying about justice, then why should he change? It all comes down to where and how you and I spend our money. That is the most powerful tool we have in this sick world.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

ya I'm guilty of finding a good price on something and buying it without regard to who suffered to make it, that makes me a contributor to the demand and part of the problem......crap

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm not being sarcastic, you made me think

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So raping a woman is supposed to make her like men? Counterintuitive to say the least. No, these are just evil people making up excuses to rationalize their evil. No one could really believe that raping a baby could cure a disease, anymore than they could think that destroying constitutional protections can protect you. Excuses for evil, nothing more.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
People get the government they deserve.

Evil, it is. Pure evil.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join