It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Took Down CNBC and Jim Cramer - Hard Hitting - Awesome - Best

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
AHEM...

Excuse me, but don't any of you realize the signifignance of this?

Jon Stewart got Cramer to publically confess to a broad-based criminal conspirancy to defraud the public.

This could be the key to breaking Wall street's grip in Washington if the moment is seized: I've called both California senators (Boxer: 1-202-224-3553; Feinstein: 1-202-224-3841) and asked them to watch it then appoint a special prosecutor to investigate CNBC's role in the meltdown.

Please call yours and demand the same.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Nice to see things said in laymen's terms to explain what is really going on with the economy. Jon did an excellent job with this interview.

That being said, however, Cramer works for CNBC, owned by a major MSM outlet. Jon knows that the talking heads on these outlets cannot talk about the stuff that goes on behind the scenes because the people that are doing the behind the scenes trading and double dealing have huge stakes in ownership of these media outlets. You really think that Cramer and his peers across the spectrum of MSM networks are going to out their own bosses? The people that pay them and probably give them kickbacks for not talking about the back door, shady dealing? I understand everyone's perspective that what Cramer and CNBC are doing is wrong, because it is wrong, but aren't there bigger fish to fry than some talking heads? I fear that this type of thing is only going to get worse in the near future. What I mean by this type of thing is one media outlet attacking the credibility of another and so on and so forth, snowballing until no one knows who they can trust, and everyone arguing about which network is most credibile instead of what the real people whom hold the power are doing.

Yes, some the media is corrupt because they don't report truthfully and rarely hold people to the fire, but a large part of the reason this happens is that they are owned by the very powerful people that are planning and executing the current crisis. Madoff, Stanford, etc are tiny fish that are being sacrificed so that TPTB can say that they did something about the corruption as they pull off the real theft under our noses while were distracted by other things.

That whole scene with Cramer beating the 'Jon Stewart' pastry dough on Martha Stewart makes me think that all of the media outlets are in cahoots and the entire thing is staged. Is Comedy Central not owned by Viacom?

It is all a big game and everybody is in on it, some of them just don't know they are tools.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Great post OP S&F.

The best thing about this is that it demonstrates what news reporting should be.

Have any of you ever noticed that during interviews, the interviewee is never surprised? Its as if the entire interview is scripted, which I am sure it is.

This was totally opposite of your typical interview. Cramer had no idea what was coming. You can tell by the fact he is completely taken off guard by many of the questions. Even 3/4 of the way through the show, he is still totally unprepared to give an answer.

This is how an interview is suppose to look like. Wouldn't it be nice if when you were going to a job interview, if they gave you a list of all of the questions before hand, so you could have prepared answers? Of course, that would defeat the purpose of the interview itself. BINGO!

What this video has done for me is to iterate the point to the American people that NOTHING is real on television. It is all a scripted event, done in the exact image of the big screen; scripts, makeup, and direction. Live television or interviews are nothing more than big screen productions complete with scripts, done in real time. And of course, if something goes wrong, it can always be edited before broadcast.

Frankly, I am shocked that this piece ever even made it to the television. This is a complete eye opener to the public at how even a live interview is not real. This is what a real interview looks like!

Every once in a while you will see a reporter in the press room ask the president a question he is ill prepared for, and almost always, he will just avoid the question. You cannot do that in an interview, thus scripting.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Darn; a page 4 reply. All the good words and points have already been taken, put to use and made.

I won't let a little thing like irrelevance stop me.

The Daily Show is the only TV I watch aside from Deadliest Catch (and I don't actually watch the Daily Show on TV, I catch it day after online during my lunch break).

I've had many people who I used to consider intelligent and insightful tell me how much they hated and despised Jon Stewart and the Daily Show because it was no closer to the news than the Family Guy; jokes made on non-contextual instance and statements and followed up with funny jokes or fart jokes - which is something Jon Stewart has even said about himself and his own show... so I guess all those idiots were right to some nth degree.

Even if some of it is out of context, I can't help but feel that this show has more truth in it's facade than any given hour of cnn, fox, nbc, or cbs show put together (or any other acronym for that matter). The fact that these things are really no laughing matter, yet pointing out how ironic and ridiculous these things are is all Jon Stewart has to do to make us laugh makes it the perfect show. We can get informed and laugh our behinds off at the same time.

Yet, when the issue is more removed then clip, and the issue becomes the interview, the 'snake oil' is put away and replaced with Roosevelt's little talking, hard hitting 'big stick'. This interview, if nothing else, proved with no lack of emphasis or finality that The Daily Show is indeed a real show addressing real concerns with real facts and opinions and is far more connected to the root issues and uncovering the truth of those issues than any of the other crap artists who claim to do that and don't. We're only laughing because it's ridiculous, and it's only ridiculous because it's true.

All that aside; as much as I love Jon Steward and as right as he was in this interview... I couldn't help but feel bad for Cramer. He had his behind righteously handed to him. It was painful to watch... so I must be a masochist, because it was brilliant and I enjoyed ever second of it.

Thank you Jon Stewart!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PH43DRUS

Bigger fish to fry??

I don't have anything against fish, but why not fry all the snippin fish?

Why do I have to pick and choose which retirement squandering fish to fry?

Bigger fish to fry
BURN 'EM ALL. I'm lightin' up the barbi right now, tell 'em all to get in line. How would you like yours cooked?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Very true; all of what you say - except, this was more of an interrogation than in interview...

Maybe Cheney and Bush were right! Maybe we should condone torture!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

No, the problem is Stewart using that excuse when people critique him. He tries to get away with acting like a real news show and holding the elite's feet to the fire when comes to conservatives or anyone else he and his writers don't like. But it when comes to criticizing his own party and such, he hides under the sheet of "we're not serious" and gets away with it. It's basic hypocrisy. His show is nothing more than liberal propaganda 90% of the time.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Pehrj]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by memoir

You're right. Get em all.

I'm just pointing out how it can become a distraction because they will 'catch' a few of the smaller ones and everyone will begin to feel satisfied, warm, and fuzzy inside that things are turning around, and that is when the movement fizzles out as they shove some other issue down our throats.

I like metaphors, and fish are tasty. Grilled sounds good to me. Got any grouper?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Believe it or not, thought John STewart is based on parady and comedy. His style is considered basic journalism. And he doesn't have a problem with going back several years to dig stuff up. You can read between the lines a lot on his stuff. A lot of journalists consider him a good journalist.

Wrapping it up in satyre so the everyday man watches, is just brilliant in my book.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I just love the Daily Show and Jon Stewart's delicate politically correct humor, it is incredible. As an european I feel for americans for their economic crisis, hell, we are all together in this economic mess. Jon is doing great work revealing the real thing for us.

Cramer handled decently Jon's criticism towards the essence of financial reporting news, I felt a bit pity for him for being a tool in financial institutions hands.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
saw both shows the first one that started it all and the second one

briefly i enjoyed both...but

JS did make wrong judgement in the first episode because santelli had been rallying against banker bailouts (i.e bad decisions being rewarded) for MONTHS!!!!!!! JS guest even said that santelli had been complaining but this last rant was the one getting the air time and people's first exposure to santelli. So santelli used poor language saying "losers" mortgages and this was picked apart and should be....but NOT at the expense of failing to mention the CRUX of santelli's argument was poor decisions being bailed out ..which he had been railing against elite bailouts as well, so JS was wrong to single out santelli but he managed to get a point across anyway by giving CNBC the medicine they deserve for all there B.S....

and when he went off a bit on cramer....who was lying thru his teeth to maintain some of his credibility and ratings.........everyone loved it...........even though i could argue that JS probably will defend and IGNORE democratic presidential moves ( revolving door from wall street to gov't...?) as much as CNBC ignored that the leverage constituted a bubble and bubble's burst....but from CNBC's perspective , if you convince the dumb gullible money to stay in ...the rich people can sell at a higher price while still having time to get out....

I think a deeper issue is Human Psychology......and the pain some financial channel viewers may feel by contemplating that some thing they believe for advice is lying to them......This leads to a willful ignorance taking place and this takes place on many levels in many industry's w people for different things ( i.e Cancer center's plowing all resources into treatment and certainly not cures that maybe unpatenable) but people not wanting to belive it...or see how it could be "allowed to happen" ......the end effect is people only " WILLINGLY WAKE up to painful truths when the pain of maintaing ignorance becomes so MUCH GREATER...that they are not willing to be willingly ignorant........hopefully over time they realize the system is corrupt and they can find happiness within themselves and in there life regardless of living within a corrupt system (and not join it) and then reserach what people are promoting and taking a long view of the whole system.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that Cramer didn't know he was gonna get crucified.

I am wondering if this is really a collaboration to let Americans know how easily taht the market is manipulated. If you see other names go down with him, it is possible he is doing a public whistle blow.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I just watched the unedited and uncensored version, I had linked previously.

I realized that Cramer said things, in those clips that Stewart had, that can get him in trouble with the SEC, and he admitted as much during the interview!

It really is a shame that Jon Stewart is the only "news" I watch on T.V. anymore!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
AHEM...

Jon Stewart got Cramer to publically confess to a broad-based criminal conspirancy to defraud the public.

This could be the key to breaking Wall street's grip in Washington if the moment is seized: I've called both California senators (Boxer: 1-202-224-3553; Feinstein: 1-202-224-3841) and asked them to watch it then appoint a special prosecutor to investigate CNBC's role in the meltdown.

This is a good idea to me, but would they really do anything? I mean, I live in Ky, would it matter?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
AHEM...

Was wondering if anyone was going to point that out, and as much media attention as this is getting, hopefully some other more influential people are thinking the same thing!

I could see some SEC people watching this (especially the clips of Cramer, and thinking.."oh really??")

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

I just thought, maybe all the people I have been telling (they haven't believed me) about how the "news" is manipulated and not the "real" truth... maybe through this interview - they will come to more of an understanding.

There are so many people, who don't believe things, unless it comes from a network news source........... now, this showed how the network news, screws all of us!

link   
In Cramers defense, all these guys are deviant. And who knows what stunts they are pulling. And if they pull them on the regular layman, they are gonna pull them on each other.

It is very possible that Cramer was insured, being a high public figure, to have the rug pulled from under him. That the CEOs used Cramer as a platform.

I think he wants to talk, but is also being cautious.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

link   
I can listen to Jon Stewart for hours. But 3 seconds of Cramer and I have to turn off the video. I know his response is needed but I can't listen to his run around.

Honest, unguided and unbiased news is what I look for. Treating the audience as people not numbers or ratings.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

No, look at the clips Stewart showed! It was Cramer saying how you "manipulate" the market! How he did it and made money!

The last thing he wants to do is to talk.............. I bet today, phones are still ringing off the hook at CNBC, trying to figure out what to do now!

Cramer has been exposed and so has CNBC! They are not going to be reliable in people's eyes anymore!

I believe this interview is going to hurt them big time!

Stewart needs to watch his back - those corporate media people can NOT be happy now!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by toepick

Was wondering if anyone was going to point that out, and as much media attention as this is getting, hopefully some other more influential people are thinking the same thing!

I could see some SEC people watching this (especially the clips of Cramer, and thinking.."oh really??")

The SEC knows this goes on this just turn a blind eye just like they do everything else. Thats why when you invest its not on fundamentals its on luck because the manipulators can turn any good company and its stock into slime with one bad rumor. Disgusting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join