It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Took Down CNBC and Jim Cramer - Hard Hitting - Awesome - Best

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Too bad Jon Stewart doesn't have the guts to do the same with the DNC, Obama and the rest of the left. His show is as much of a fraud as Mad Money and the rest of CNBC.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
You can seriously believe an ounce of it as truth?

(Cramer, is that you?)

Just because it's a comedy show, doesn't mean it's full of lies... Last night's show was very serious for the most part. Not much laughing at all, but some hearty applause. And some squirming by Cramer, of course.

Did you see the interview? There was nothing to believe or not believe. It was all out there on video clips of Cramer.

Are you saying that Jon lied or somehow didn't tell the truth? Please expand on your statement with specifics. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
All of this reeks of distraction.

A comedian is criticizing a stock analyst. Yupe di do.

Wake up people, focus atention on people who actually own society, not people that talk about society.

That said, if Stewart ever starts talking about european aristocracy or centuries old banking families, I would listen. Untill then, meh.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pehrj

It's a comedy show and not to be taken seriously. This statement is like saying the Onion is a reliable news source. Its satire. Thats all that it claims to be. Not anything important or informative. If for some reason they put some truth into their show its for pure comedic value. After all what is funnier than the truth?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Its on right now on the east coast!

Jon S. is the man...i saw the other episode a couple nights ago but im getting ready for him to rip into cramer for the second time right now! This is great!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pehrj

No political baiting here. Nope not one bit.

But getting back to reality... It was an awesome show. And everyone should see all three episodes so they get the history of how this thing unfolded.

In the words of Robert De Niro (Michael) from The Deer Hunter, 'This is this. This isn't something else. This is this.' There's nothing illusory about this situation. Cramer has been tagged dead-to-rights and he admits as much. Although he tried to weasle his way out of things at the beginning he ends up having to admit a mea culpa. I can't understand how anyone is unable to see the merit of this.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I read arcnaver's post also, and immediately thought just as J2000 linked him to the other thread, was where he should post.

Last night, had nothing BUT truth's in it! It was a complete expose of Cramer's and CNBC's lies and how they have defrauded the public, when they KNOW what is really happening, but saying otherwise!

The clips from Cramer's own mouth....... proved the lies! So for anyone to post - "there was no truth" in the show................. means, either they did not watch it.............. or they are doing EXACTLY as Cramer did last night.............. having no defense........... but continued lies!

It was amazing how Cramer set himself up........by saying one thing........ then Stewart showing a clip........ of him saying the opposite!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pehrj
Too bad Jon Stewart doesn't have the guts to do the same with the DNC, Obama and the rest of the left. His show is as much of a fraud as Mad Money and the rest of CNBC.

It might not be taking on the world one fell swoop, but at least he is playing his part and he deserves some respect for it. Now if we as a nation could start praising more of our journalists for caring about the average American maybe we could start to see a new trend...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Comedy Central

Again, just in case you missed it.

Comedy Central

One more time.

Comedy Central

C'mon people. Its a comedy show. You can seriously believe an ounce of it as truth?

Coming from the guy who is obviously a Republican. Let me guess Iraq also had weapons of mass destruction and this whole economy crisis was all done by Obama in 7 weeks. Rush is a source of real truth and the LIBRULS media is all a sham.

You have to seriously be brain dead not to realize just how much real truth Jon brings to his viewers. It's draped in comedy but it is most certainly truth.

Also $10 bucs says you never saw the damn clip so pray tell why even open up your yap.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I was honestly shocked at how Jon conducted the interview. I thought Jim would come out, they would shake hands, exchange a few fake fights, and we would all laugh at the silliness of it all. But Jon wasn't playing around and he wasn't wearing gloves.

Anybody who watches The Daily Show knows that Jon is no dummy, and he knows what he is talking about. He frequently asks his non-entertainer guests hard questions. I think it is labeled as a comedy so that people put their guard down....and so that they can make fun of all the stuff in the world that needs to be made fun of without getting into trouble.

At any rate, brave to The Daily Show. And you can watch the full interview here: www.thedailyshow.com...

Bottom right hand side.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnJetson

Originally posted by Pehrj

It might not be taking on the world one fell swoop, but at least he is playing his part and he deserves some respect for it. Now if we as a nation could start praising more of our journalists for caring about the average American maybe we could start to see a new trend...

There are pratically no true journalists left in american mass media. If you want journalism in America look at the likes of Jeff Rense and Alex Jones. What you have on the TV all the time is spin and publicity, depending on the piece. Nothing more. All manipulation.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You can seriously believe an ounce of it as truth?

(Cramer, is that you?)

Just because it's a comedy show, doesn't mean it's full of lies... Last night's show was very serious for the most part. Not much laughing at all, but some hearty applause. And some squirming by Cramer, of course.

Did you see the interview? There was nothing to believe or not believe. It was all out there on video clips of Cramer.

Are you saying that Jon lied or somehow didn't tell the truth? Please expand on your statement with specifics. Thanks.

Yes, I hang out on ATS to defend my credibility all the time, because you know, Conspiracy Sites are the perfect place to do that, just like Comedy Shows are appropriate News Sources.

No, I am saying it is Comedy and should be taken with a grain of salt no matter HOW convincing or "real" the issue.

Look, you want to believe it fine, go ahead. Do I think I am...oops I mean Cramer is innocent of wrong doing? For conspiracy sakes, It was all BUSH! He made me say it! I am Bush's Puppet! Can you see his arm sticking out of my bum?

'Cmon people! lol. This could easily be a self sacrificing ploy by me..Cramer, throwing himself to the wolves for the sake of comedy. Often the best place to hide, is right out in front.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ty op, I was following this "exchange" between Jon and Jimbo, I too didn't mind that the show was not its usual funny format, More tough questions got asked here than ever did on CNBC.

I thought Jon did very well

You gotta give Jim credit, he stood in the line of fire and took the heat, be nice if he took some of what Jon said to heart, But I doubt It

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
Wake up people, focus atention on people who actually own society, not people that talk about society.

Cramer admitted that he sinks MILLIONs in the market to get people to buy stocks that he wants to make more money on. This kind of greedy practice is at the heart of our economic crisis. Every exposé is very pertinent to the existing important issues in our society.

This is just one guy, yeah, but Madoff got slammered yesterday. It's great to see some of these people getting their due after cheating the American people out of their retirements.
---------------------------------
I notice no one mentioned it on MSNBC this morning. I watch Morning Joe, because they were staunchly defending Cramer against mean old Jon Stewart (before last night) but this morning...
Not a peep!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I noticed, the Today show and MSNBC didn't say a WORD about the interview last night too!

But CBS and CNN SURE DID!! Said Stewart WON hands down!!

I heard CNBC was talking about Cramer's appearance on it - before hand.......... but now I bet they wished THEY HADN'T!!!

Stewart really DID expose CNBC as being liars and in the pocket of the corporations!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Madoff got slammed? Where's the money? They are just offering the people a few sacrificial lambs while they steal the rest of the herd. Were I to be punished with house arrest in a multimillion dollar home...

It's all manipulation. And Stewart and Cramer could be closer to the people doing it than many think. Sure, it's true. But what is it really.

Richard C. Hoagland, whatever he is in the big picture of things I am not sure, has a saying everyone should keep in their minds at all time regarding mass media and indeed culture: The lie is different at every level.

People get pacified with the idea of come-up-unce. Yet, if we look at the big picture all the money is still GONE.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Its all over drudge.

LOL! 'Cmon guys!

OK OK, I relent. Stewart is now a News Source, he made the Drudgereport!

I stand Corrected.
Throw me to the Wolves.
Take my first born.
Spank my bottom.

All in the name of comedy!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Its all over drudge.

LOL! 'Cmon guys!

OK OK, I relent. Stewart is now a News Source, he made the Drudgereport!

I stand Corrected.
Throw me to the Wolves.
Take my first born.
Spank my bottom.

All in the name of comedy!

I would, certainly. But I have a sneaking suspicion you would enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
Were I to be punished with house arrest in a multimillion dollar home...

He's in PRISON. Source

There's an ongoing investigation to find the money.

An no one said they were pacified. We're just celebrating each "victory", however small.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
LOL!

I just might.

Cya guys and gals. Have fun with the thread. Got stuff to do today.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join