It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Congress urges China to end 'Tibet' repression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

US Congress urges China to end 'Tibet' repression

www.google.com

The US House of Representatives on Wednesday nearly unanimously passed a resolution urging China to end "repression" in Tibet despite Beijing's protests against the bill.

An overwhelming 422 lawmakers supported the resolution, with only one voting against the statement urging China to "cease its repression of the Tibetan people, and to lift immediately the harsh policies imposed on Tibetans."

It also calls on China to resume dialogue with the Dalai Lama, Tibet's exiled spiritual leader, to "find a lasting solution to the Tibetan issue" and salutes India for hosting tens of thousands of Tibetan refugees.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Rigel]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Who's up for a World War III beginin'in zee Himalayas ?

The question is no more of any diplomacy chess-game or whatsoever, but about liberating or not Tibet from the China's Boot.

The question then becomes : "Who's up for this?".

The answer being : "No one", the problem is then solved.

Or maybe should Obama send into Tibet highlands a mighty armada of mechanical mules ?

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
As an American Buddhist and defender of Liberty and Human Rights, I feel that this issue is at CORE to our American beliefs. We should be defending human rights, everywhere, not just where the Zionists are making money.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by organism315

The only problem is the same than with Saakachviili recent jokes : USA are not to go against neither Russia nor China, whose armies would be massively lethal, so to say, by their sole number - as much as both would obviously join each other in case of any american direct intervention within their borders or so.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Anyway ATSers seem to not care at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If people knew what was really going on in Tibet, they would protest like hell!

But oh well, everywhere I look, corruption and destruction of culture, human rights and freedom. But hey, nobody cares, lets just keep living our simple lives.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

mostlywater.org...

Wasn't there slavery, serfdom, and extreme poverty in Tibet when the Dali Lama was ruling there?

. It was also rumored that the CIA was working with the Dalmi Lama.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is my first time posting, sorry if I messed up.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, - and welcome on here !

Oh... - Not read entirely the long story you posted, yet the "deal" with the Dalaï might be some of a mere CIA-dollar-packed activist, in the taste of all those mighty revolutionaries that had flourished on the border of the former USSR for more than a decade... no ?

As for the real, historical implications of the very tibetan question, i fully agree about the right, if not the duty for the West to cast out China from there where nothing properly Chinese is.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Why you say that? They know what happened in Gaza. To a lesser extent whats happening in Darfur, Tibet would be just another "thing" happening on the other side of the world

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

Why you say that? They know what happened in Gaza. To a lesser extent whats happening in Darfur, Tibet would be just another "thing" happening on the other side of the world

Did I miss something or why do you say: "just another thing happening on the other side of the world"?!
Don't you care? Don't you want to raise your voice against such suppression?
Do you really believe that China is going to have a dialogue with the Dalai Lama? How many times have we asked for such a dialogue, has it happened in a productive way? NO! Will it happen in a productive way? Certainly not! Its up to us, not to them.
No matter on which place on earth our help is needed, we need to help. Its not something you should decide on your own, there is no place for selfishness on this planet.
Raise your voice against the happenings in Gaza, Darfur, and Tibet!
And oh wow, I nearly forgot:
Nigeria
Congo
Sudan
Somalia
Afghanistan
Kashmir
Iraq
Uganda
and the list continues.....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Like the United States has any right to tell another country what to do.

We are all over the damn place protecting our own interests...seemingly not caring what the costs are...but we can criticize other countries?

Hmm...I wonder what is in Tibet that we need or have?

That's the only reason or politicians would even give a crap.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

that would be indeed a sad world!

How I hate that two words: "self interest"

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Clairaudience]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

north korea mexico argentina haita ..... so many countries, so little time

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

Angola
Bangladesh
Eritrea
West Sahara
Liberia
Ethiopia
Bolivia
Armenia

Wouldn't this spark a riot of great size, when people finally knew what was going on in this places?!

If people opened their eyes, they would get really really mad!

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Clairaudience]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
All I can say is:
Welcome to the "hell on earth" , maybe you can witness Tibetan being repressed, jailed, tortured, slaughtered.....there.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Don't click on this link, its infected with a virus...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

If people opened their eyes, they would get really really mad!

Hell, if they did a quick "peek-a-boo" they should be outraged.

I'm so sick and tired of all the nonsense.

Governments keep bringing problems they have created to OUR DOORSTEPS.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience

Originally posted by branty

Did I miss something or why do you say: "just another thing happening on the other side of the world"?!
Don't you care? Don't you want to raise your voice against such suppression?
Do you really believe that China is going to have a dialogue with the Dalai Lama? How many times have we asked for such a dialogue, has it happened in a productive way? NO! Will it happen in a productive way? Certainly not! Its up to us, not to them.
No matter on which place on earth our help is needed, we need to help. Its not something you should decide on your own, there is no place for selfishness on this planet.
Raise your voice against the happenings in Gaza, Darfur, and Tibet!
And oh wow, I nearly forgot:
Nigeria
Congo
Sudan
Somalia
Afghanistan
Kashmir
Iraq
Uganda
and the list continues.....

Suffice to pervertly -or sanely- note that all those conflicts more or less involve some muslim-inspired movements, - just of these USA are supposed to be on war with, worldwide...

Another proof of US disinfo and art-&-crafts to well lead the only wars that allow bucks in back (WW1, WW2, VN, G1 & G2).

And that are not too risky, for sure !

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
In western eyes, only the human rights of those Tibetan separatists can
be called human rights, and the human rights of over 90% of Tibetans who
loyal to china are never taken into their consideration.
BTW, punishing those separatists is the duty of Chinese government.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join