It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we let Iran go nuclear?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
A nuclear Iran means:

a) They become the dominate power in the oil rich mid-east.

b) Oil prices back about $100.

c) the possibility that terrorist acquire nuclear weapons.

d) Increased likeihood of a confrontation with Israel, the USA, UK, etc...

That would be very dangerous indeed; however, at this time, I am more worried about a country which has already developed nukes, Pakistan.

What would be the problem with Iran being a dominant power considering they have not been the agressor for How many years?

Again what would be the problem with higher oil prices? wouldn't that encourage research from oil dependent countries to find alternatives?

How many US nukes have gone missing?

When has Iran threatened Israel, US or UK ect...... with war?

in fact I recall a President calling them part of the axis of evil and that every option is on the table.
Israel also has been threatening.

Do you still think they would threaten if Iran had the possibility of having a nuke?
I still do not believe they are after a weapon, they can use oil for that.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

It is simply insane to even suggest a nuclear Iran would be tollerable.

And in my opinion it’s simply insane for the USA to continue policing the world.

Sooner the USA learns to keep it's fat filthy snooping nose out of other countries business and tend to it's atrocities the world will be much better off.

peace

i agree that we should focus on our own problems and issues. and i also agree that we could be a lot less police-like with other countries.

and i'm not fat, nor filthy.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
China is Thirsty for OIL, If Iran wanted a nuke bad enough, they could easily , easily swing a deal for a nuke with a certain % of oil to flow to China, China doesn't get 2 ..... about foreign policy, they told the Sudan gov , We are here to buy oil, how you run your country is not our business

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by itchy_tartan_blanket
Why is everyone so concerned about whether Iran get's nuclear weapons? Israel was always gonna come back and bite everyone on the arse. Now it's a case of not ALLOWING Iran to have nuclear weapons? Doesn't Iran have a right to defend itself? Or is it that the US/UK won't find it as easy when they've concocted another BS reason to invade yet another country that has nuclear capabilities? Or is it Israel who'll feel threatened? What is the deal with Israel/Mossad, the UK, the US, the Jews, the Holy Land....?

Ahmedinejad has balls and a duty to his people. They feel threatened, they build nuclear weapon. It's also a national achievement. I wonder how most of you would feel if our governments or even the UN stepped in to declare regions of our territories Muslim states, and I choose this only cos Islam is seen as a common "enemy" or opposer to both Jews and Christians in respects to claims to the Holy Land. How about if the British Midlands were suddenly declared a Muslim state? Hell you can see the way people are reacting to the seemingly favouritism some immigrants get....so a state? Then armed to the teeth with weapons more powerful than our own? Just for arguments sake. Then oppressive and political bullying at the "Big Table"...nobody listening to your pleas....? I'd fight like the Palestinians are and I'd be concerned and vigilant if I was an Iranian in Iran. This is something that I fear cannot be resolved peacefully.

You are one of the few wise people left in the UK. Well done

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
And in my opinion it’s simply insane for the USA to continue policing the world.

Sooner the USA learns to keep it's fat filthy snooping nose out of other countries business and tend to it's atrocities the world will be much better off.

peace

Of all the comments on this thread so far, this is the most ignorant of all. Perhaps the US should have let hitler take over all of europe and japan all of the pacific rim.

Iran has a single mission......that mission is to bring back the 12th mahdi. To bring back the 12th, the iranian leaders think they must bring on complete armaggedon, what better way than through nuclear war with Israel and the US.

For those of you who went to public school here is the 12er issue.....

The 12th Imam: Why Is This Especially Important Now?
While Christians look for Jesus’ 2nd coming, the Jews await the Messiah and Muslims await the 12th Imam. However, of the three, Allah’s designated Mahdi is the only one who demands a violent path to conquer the world. Mr. Ahmadinejad, and his cabinet, say they have a ‘signed contract’ with al Mahdi in which they pledge themselves to his work. What does this work involve? In light of concerns over Iran’s nuclear capabilities, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has reportedly stated Israel should be wiped off the map. He spoke to the United Nations in September ’05. During that speech he claims to have been in an aura of light and felt a change in the atmosphere during which time no one present could blink their eyes. Iran’s PM is also said to have spoken in apocalyptic terms and seems to relish conflict with the West whom he calls the Great Satan. This is while he proclaims he must prepare the world for the coming Mahdi by way of a world totally under Muslim control. He is working hard to bring about the world-wide horrors that must be in place for their al Mahdi to bring peace.

This notion and goal, along with a violent hatred of infidels, America and Israel reminds us of Biblical prophecies of the coming anti-Christ and the pledges of millions to a deceiving False Messiah who will claim to bring peace. Could this 12th Imam Mahdi and his servant Ahmadinejad spark the last days of the coming true Savior?

www.allaboutpopularissues.org...

This IS fact not fiction and a nuclear Iran will send missles down range when able, regarless of any retaliation. They must make this happen in their twisted minds......

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Why not? North Korea went nuclear and we're all still fine.

It's not like NK or Iran or whatever would be stupid enough to use a nuke on us. They know we have 20,000 nukes with their name on it if they tried.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geneticist1945

It's not like NK or Iran or whatever would be stupid enough to use a nuke on us. They know we have 20,000 nukes with their name on it if they tried.

Again the entire point of a 12er is to START a nuclear war................the 12th Imam is the islamic messiah..........

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The word "should" implies that we (the West) are in a position of power and authority.

Iran is a sovereign nation and is entitled to do whatever it wants. If anyone has an issue with that, let them declare war outright and attack Iran instead of cowering behind sanctions or limited strikes which suggest that they are "policing" Iran.

There is no world police.

There are only states engaged in empiricism and dominance.

Let's be honest about our intentions...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
The word "should" implies that we (the West) are in a position of power and authority.

Iran is a sovereign nation and is entitled to do whatever it wants. If anyone has an issue with that, let them declare war outright and attack Iran instead of cowering behind sanctions or limited strikes which suggest that they are "policing" Iran.

There is no world police.

There are only states engaged in empiricism and dominance.

Let's be honest about our intentions...

I actually agree with you on this point. The US, UK, Canada, Austrailia and Israel should openly declare war on Iran and stop the insanity there.

Next the UN should be thrown out of the US and the various tyrants there should be next.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

You claim that Iran wants to bring in their version of a saviour, yet you fail to mention the Christians that would love total and utter conflict in order to bring Jesus faster to save his people.
What of the Christians who are waiting in Jerusalem to rebuild the temple on the mount which just happens to be under Muslim control currently.

Bush is a Christian, Blair is now a born again Cathlic, yet neither of them had a problem ordering the death of thousands of Iraqi people as well as Afghans.
Don't you find this strange?

I believe the translation was "The Zionist state will be erased from the pages of history" meaning that the Zionist rulers are insignificant in the big picture.
He never threatened to wipe them out or even attack, that has all been done by Israel and the west.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marilyn
Here's an article I read that brings some very interesting things to mind that I never thought of before.

nydailynews.com

partial snippet...

Once Iran has nuclear weapons, every Arab state, with the exception of Iran’s ally Syria, would also be imperiled. Those countries would beg for U.S. protection. But could they depend on America, under the Barack Obama administration, to go to war – especially a nuclear one – to shield them?

Marilyn~

Name one !

Iran is the only self sufficient self supporting state in the entire region - Israel would be sand dune if it were not for the US. Turkey and Egypt would BOTH be eaten alive by Iran - people talk drivel on this site.

Iran has never threatened a single country in region - ok. Nor has it started a war, or any other aggressive posturing. Get your facts in order.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by Geneticist1945

Again the entire point of a 12er is to START a nuclear war................the 12th Imam is the islamic messiah..........

Your reading into this 12er what you want to see it for, an eminent attack by Iran on Israel, thats your bases interpratation of this article, YOURS

Israel AS we speak , has the jets on the runways waiting for the nod. Who is the agressor and who should we be fearing ??

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by branty

Your reading into this 12er what you want to see it for, an eminent attack by Iran on Israel, thats your bases interpratation of this article, YOURS

Israel AS we speak , has the jets on the runways waiting for the nod. Who is the agressor and who should we be fearing ??

Err, did you see "heliosprime" as the author of the article? NO....The 12er mania is not MY interpretation, it is their's.....

The 12th Imam: Who Is The 12th Imam?
Within the Shiite, (which is predominate in Iran), it is prophesied that there is a coming 12th Imam who is the great spiritual savior. This Imam is named Abu al-Qasim Muhammad or also called Muhammad al Mahdi. He is said to have been born the son of the 11th Imam, Hasan Al-Askari and his wife, the granddaughter of an Emperor. There are conflicting statements of her name being either Fatima or Nargis Khatoon.

Most accounts of the story say that al Mahdi went into hiding as a child around the age of 5 years (about 13th Century). It said he has been ‘in hiding’ in caves ever since but will supernaturally return just before the Day of Judgment. According to the Hadith the criteria for the Hidden Imam are:

He will be a descendant of Muhammad and the son of Fatima
Will have a broad forehead and pointed nose
Will return just before the end of the world
His appearance will be preceded by a number of prophetic events during 3 years of horrendous world chaos, tyranny and oppression
Will escape from Madina to Mekkah, thousands will pledge allegiance to him
Will rule over the Arabs and the world for 7 years
Will eradicate all tyranny and oppression bringing harmony and total peace
Will lead a prayer in Mekkah which Jesus will be at his side and follow in
Remarkably, the 12th Imam theory plays heavily into the world’s current concerns with Iran. The Shiite Muslim President of Iran, Ahmadinejad, is deeply committed to the Islamic Messiah, al Mahdi. There have been many through the years claiming to be the Hidden Imam but Ahmadinejad believes he is yet to come. He claims that he is to personally prepare the world for the coming Mahdi. In order to save the world, it must be in a state of chaos and subjugation. Ahmadinejad claims he was “directed by Allah to pave the way for the glorious appearance of the Mahdi”. This apocalyptic directive includes some very scary proclamations.

www.allaboutpopularissues.org...

here are more links

www.iranian.ws...

www.iranian.ws...

There are actually hundreds or thousands more.....

over 921,000 references to the 12th imam...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by branty

You Sir/Mam are a Monster.

...but moonwilson says about Iran "We should dig a nice, big, glass-lined crater where their nuclear facilities are. The fast way. That would send the appropriate message."

And that goes unchallenged...careful who the monster is...it might be you for the situational ethics.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
And that goes unchallenged...careful who the monster is...it might be you for the situational ethics.

Situational ethics? Typical endtime madness, the ole "all things are grey" crap........

Iran is vile and evil. Its single purpose at this time is to fulfil Bible prophesy for armaggedon............whatever is done to them will not change to final outcome.

In my opinion, Israel will attack Iran's nuke facilities, Russia will attack Israel in retalliation, and be destroyed by God.......

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

In my opinion, Israel will attack Iran's nuke facilities, Russia will attack Israel in retalliation, and be destroyed thank god

I could live with that

I agree with you m8

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I fail to see how this is any of our business.
Perhaps if our beloved US of A would stop meddling in
everyone else's business we could get something productive done
on our OWN soil. Let them have their nuclear power, for gods sakes aren't they entitled to live in a reasonably comfortable way? These are people we are talking about here, not animals, not vicious killers....just people.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Did you search the "return of Christ"?
18,900,000 results
so your point being?
does that automatically make Christians more dangerous ?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Did you search the "return of Christ"?
18,900,000 results
so your point being?
does that automatically make Christians more dangerous ?

28, 500, 000 for buddha, my buddha trumps you both,

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm posting this because I don't think anyone bothered to read the link I posted earlier. I believe what this says is exactly what would happen.

Marilyn~

If and when Iran gets nuclear weapons it would set off a global nightmare.

Most obviously, Iran could use nuclear arms to attack Israel. It’s easy to say that Iran’s leaders would be cautious, but what if ideology, error, or an extremist faction decides to wipe the Jewish state off the map? Even a 10-percent chance of nuclear holocaust is terrifying.

And if Israel decides its existence is at risk, it would launch a preemptive attack that would also produce a big crisis.

That’s just for starters.

Once Iran has nuclear weapons, every Arab state, with the exception of Iran’s ally Syria, would also be imperiled. Those countries would beg for U.S. protection. But could they depend on America, under the Barack Obama administration, to go to war – especially a nuclear one – to shield them?

Uncertain of U.S. reliability, these governments would rush to appease Iran.

To survive, the Arab states will do whatever Iran wants – which would come at high cost for America: alliances would weaken and military bases would close down. No Arab state would dare support peace with Israel, either.

But Arab states wouldn’t feel safe with just appeasement. An arms’ race would escalate in which several other countries would try to buy or build nukes of their own. Tension, and chance for nuclear war, whether through accident or miscalculation, would soar. The United States would eventually have to get dragged in.

European allies would also be scared. As reluctant as they are to help America in the Middle East, that paralysis would get worse. As willing as they are to appease Tehran, they’d go far beyond that.

Meanwhile, an emboldened Iran would push to limit oil and gas production and increase prices. Other oil producers would feel compelled to move away from their former, more responsible practices. Consumers’ fears would push up the prices further.

Yet there’s worse. Flush with a feel of victory, Iran and its allies — Syria, Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iraqi insurgents — would recruit more members to its cause. These terrorist groups would interpret the retreat of more moderate Arab countries and the West as signs of weakness and use it to fuel more aggression.

Such a terrible scenario is likely even if Iran never actual uses a nuclear weapon on another country.

This new era in the Middle East would bring risks and the probability of war for America that would dwarf all the region’s current troubles and the crises faced by the United States in the whole world.

And that’s why it’s so important to avoid Iran getting nuclear weapons in the first place.

Barry Rubin is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center in Israel and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal.

Marilyn~

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join