It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we let Iran go nuclear?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Marilyn

So this fearmongering was written by a Jew in Israel, well you convinced me, he would tell the truth

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hmm..

It's a tough subject, I will give you all that, however I don't think it's a bad idea really.

Iran as a nuclear power would be beneficial to this world. They could finally have a barganing chip to stop the US and other nations with vested interests and deep pockets from taking advantage of their situation.

Now it would be completely ridiculous to say that all Iranians would jump the gun and use it on some lucky nation over silly things like a trade war, so why would we assume it would happen today?

Granted their present leader scares me a bit with some of his rhetoric, but Iran will change leaders eventually, and they've not been the agressors in these recent conflicts either.

If anything it would get Israel off their backs and allow them to actually gain some profit from the world market and begin to build their country efficiently.

All nuclear weapons are today are a way for countries to pleasently decline helping other countries, without having to worry about that country throwing a hissy-fit.

Iran just wants to be a grownup, I say let em.

It's none of our business, we should be minding our own right now and worrying where our Western Culture will be in 20 years time. That is much scarier to me that Iran with a nuke.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Let's not forget that what they are talking about building is a nuclear power plant, not a nuclear bomb. There is absolutely no evidence of enrichment going on that would denote them creating nuclear arms.
Personally I think we should stop worrying about Iran, and maybe worry about Pakistan a little bit....not the most stable of countries, and they've already got the bomb.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

It is all going acording to plan, distraction this way and then that way.
We are all looking at the Magicians assistant and not looking at the Magician himself.

While we focus on all these little conflicts and worry about who has what, we are not looking at what is happening around us.
More laws coming into play, less rights for ourselves.

I think we should stop asking who is fighting who and start asking "Why?"

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I assure you, I am quite aware of what is going on in the US.
Just having a little discussion on Iran though in the meantime

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I believe Iran has every right to have nuclear power and weapons. It isn't up to any other country to decide that. The country I see in the middle east as the biggest threat is Israel; let's take their nukes away and maybe there would be some calm in that region.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime The US, UK, Canada, Austrailia and Israel should openly declare war on Iran and stop the insanity there.

Gee...you don't mind if I take a passeroo on your little sideshow, do you?

Nice of you to think of us, though. Come on up...enjoy the view...relax...ease that furrowed brow...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
reply to post by munkey66

I assure you, I am quite aware of what is going on in the US.
Just having a little discussion on Iran though in the meantime

That was a bit egotistical.
The world does not revolve around the US

the US is not the only country losing rights and freedoms.
I hate to tell you this, but the main power base is not in the US at all, they may be running the puppets out of there, but the main power is in europe.

So once again I repeat, everyone is watching the assistant and not watching the magician.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
Let's not forget that what they are talking about building is a nuclear power plant, not a nuclear bomb. There is absolutely no evidence of enrichment going on that would denote them creating nuclear arms.
Personally I think we should stop worrying about Iran, and maybe worry about Pakistan a little bit....not the most stable of countries, and they've already got the bomb.

There was no evidence hitler was building a giant war machine in the 1930's either. There was no evidence Saddam was gong to invade Kuwait either. There was no evidence N Korea was developing the bomb nor pakistain, nor India............

This type of backward simplistic thinking is what will kill millions. Look beyond "academic" discussions with moronic professors and see reality.

No country has even aguired the technology and NOT used it to build bombs..........

WASHINGTON, March 2 (UPI) -- Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, told CNN on Sunday that Iran now has enough nuclear material to make a nuclear weapon. He called Iran's development of a nuclear weapon "a very, very bad outcome for the region."

www.upi.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
I believe Iran has every right to have nuclear power and weapons. It isn't up to any other country to decide that. The country I see in the middle east as the biggest threat is Israel; let's take their nukes away and maybe there would be some calm in that region.

Interesting little admission here.....Iran nuclear is OK...Israel not OK, in fact take them away. Well that about tells your story.

The "sain" countries of the world have every right to stop "petty" Jew-haters from gaing control over nuclear weapons.

Check you skirt there, I think your pink islamic panties are showing.....

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

That's hilarious man.
The U.S. have already butchered a million people in Iraq....and for what???
Meanwhile, people are still willing to buy the crap that our msm outlets are feeding us on Iran, while reports from one of our own intelligence agencies clearly states that Iran does NOT have the bomb, will NOT have the bomb for a number of years. And who the hell gets to decide who gets nukes and who doesn't anyway? It's a bunch of BS is what it comes down to, and I completely agree with the previous post stating that Israel is the real threat in the middle east. Let's get real people, the only butchers i'm seeing right now are the people who where heading up the effort to get the U.S. and her allies into a completely illegal war.

And the guy who said something about my being egotistical because i mentioned the United States, I have been following what is going on worldwide, i just happened to say the US because, well I kind of live here and to me personally what is happening here takes precedence over what is happening elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonwilson
We should dig a nice, big, glass-lined crater where their nuclear facilities are. The fast way. That would send the appropriate message.

So we should be allowed to do this to the people of Iran, but they shouldn't have the ability to do the same to us? Have you ever stopped to think why these countries hate us so much? Could it be our attitude?

If one country is allowed to have nukes, then all should be. Otherwise, none should have them.

If there is to be any chance of peace on this planet, everyone should have to abide by the same rules. Countries that have nuclear weapons have no right whatsoever to deny them to other countries, regardless of the propaganda.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
There was no evidence hitler was building a giant war machine in the 1930's either. There was no evidence Saddam was gong to invade Kuwait either. There was no evidence N Korea was developing the bomb nor pakistain, nor India............

These particular countries did not allow the IAEA in to monitor their programs.

This type of backward simplistic thinking is what will kill millions. Look beyond "academic" discussions with moronic professors and see reality.

this type of aggresive attitude is what has got millions of people killed already, by not allowing thinking and acting out first

No country has even aguired the technology and NOT used it to build bombs..........

I doubt that Australia does not have the know how to build a nuke, yet we have not built any, so your logic just failed, I am sure if we asked any country in the world for the enriched uranium we would get it, after all, we export a bit of Uranium ourselves.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
"we"

"let"

Unbelievable arrogance.

Who are the US or Israel to dictate to ANY other country?

Personally I hope Iran do acquire nuclear weapons, It'll make the two countries think a lot longer and harder before trying to dictate again.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Israel also has been threatening.

"Threatening". Israel has shelled schools, used white phosphorous in urban areas and killed countless civillians.

It's more than threatening, it is dangerous and needs to be brought to heel.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Of all the comments on this thread so far, this is the most ignorant of all. Perhaps the US should have let hitler take over all of europe and japan all of the pacific rim.

You speak of ignorance yet display so much in this one sentence that the rest of your post becomes void.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Russia and China are funding the nuclear reactors in Iran and they are going online.

mean while the us tries to control the world with its goons by creating an unstable oil market and selling weapons to regions that clearly could have done better with out them.

the demand/price for oil has never been this inside out , theres no demand yet prices keep getting higher , Iran tried to sell cheeper oil only to be sanctionised and god know what else they ve had to go throu, and now when they are cutting down on fossile fuels they yet again get shot down ,

anyone notice the insanity deliverd on a silver plate by the "western" world

i personaly belive its high time for the united snakes of capitalism to take the chill pill and let the world evolve with out interferance.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103

Of all the comments on this thread so far, this is the most ignorant of all. Perhaps the US should have let hitler take over all of europe and japan all of the pacific rim.

You speak of ignorance yet display so much in this one sentence that the rest of your post becomes void.

Perhaps I am too ignorant to understand such an enlightened statement of certian fact, so please explain for the "void"......

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
"we"

"let"

Unbelievable arrogance.

Who are the US or Israel to dictate to ANY other country?

Personally I hope Iran do acquire nuclear weapons, It'll make the two countries think a lot longer and harder before trying to dictate again.

It is amazing how many "free" countries the US and Israel obviously control as the supreme dictators that they are.........

This and similar "enlightened" arguments are just stupid, because IF the US wanted to rule the planet, it could have taken over several times in the last 100 years. Especially after the fall of USSR.........

If you wish to protest the US rule in your country, contact YOUR US congress member for your "state" and register a complaint.

Oh, having trouble finding the name of YOUR representative in the US congress that must control your sorry little country? Then perhaps your view of the US dictator is a little "off"......

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Iran wasn't trying to sell cheap oil, it was swapping to the euro and cutting the US out of the picture.
Venezuela was also thinkingh of joining the scheme

Venezuela has expressed interest in an Iranian move to ask buyers to pay for oil in euros rather than US dollars.
The oil-rich nation said it planned to see if a similar scheme could be introduced to its crude exports.

Iran, the world's fourth-biggest oil producer, has already asked customers to pay for its oil in euros because of the current weakness of the dollar.

Although the dollar is the currency in which oil is usually traded, it has been falling in value against the euro.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Prague, 1 November 2000 (RFE/RL) -- Iraq is going ahead with its plans to stop using the U.S. dollar in its oil business in spite of warnings the move makes no financial sense.

Baghdad this week insisted on and received UN approval to sell oil through the oil-for-food program for euros only after 6 November. Iraq had threatened to suspend all oil exports -- about 5 percent of the world's total -- if the body turned down the request.

www.rferl.org...

anyone see a pattern here?
Any one who thinks this is about nuclear weapons programs obviously cannot read or understand how business works.

The magicians assistant is the nukes and WMD's, it is the terrorists and the bad bad Iranian threat.
The magicians are distracting you from the truth. the evidence is there, I just gave two news snippets to prove it, look at the dates and the dates that these countries became a threat.
And Afghanistan, look at the poppy production in 2000 and now in 2009.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join