It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we let Iran go nuclear?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The question should be - should we be letting ANYONE go nuclear.

Should we completely stop all things nuclear - knowing full well that we
are creating a world poisoned by plutonium?

It's a ridiculous notion -
that anyone would ever agree to anyone going nuclear -
or to continue nuclear -
for any reason whatsoever.

Us included.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Israel should worried more about Pakistan than Iran. Pakistan already has nuclear bombs, and the means to deliver them. It's 96% Muslim, and its government is unstable. It may even bomb Israel on a whim without warning.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Should we give loaded guns to a three year old? Should a three year old be allowed to decide whether or not they should have a loaded gun?

Iran is not socially ready. As long as its leader believes he personally is to enable the "Last Imam" to come forward, nuclear should be out of the question.

"Socially ready"? Who is the USA to be the "parent" who will let or not let that 3-year old have nuclear power?
Israel has it, and look, it's been the bully 12-year old. India? Pakistan?
Remember the atomic bomb? The "socially ready" USA caused so much grief.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
USA isn't making anymore nuclear weapons.
Russia isn't.
China has there 150 or so and isn't making anymore.
India Pakistan Israel, already have theirs, not pursuing more.
So why does Iran want to become a part of something, that is from the ancient past and is slowly eroding anyway?
That's what I wonder.
All these country's are trying to work to get rid of what they have, and Iran wants to start making new ones?
I cant accept they would be doing that for any other reason than to threaten people with there bizarre religious ideology.
They should not have them.
Nuclear power?
Most of there country is a DESERT!
Don't you think they could be leaders in the development of solar energy applications?
All the money and time they spend on nuclear?
They could be the biggest solar and wind producer on the planet.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
USA isn't making anymore nuclear weapons.
Russia isn't.

During the 1980's (the height of the Cold War) the USA is estimated to have 50,000 to 70,000 nuclear weapons. And Russia is estimated to have around 40,000 to 50,000 nuclear weapons. That's the main reason why those 2 countries stop making more. There have been "reductions" on both sides. but it's more like "disassembling" them for storage. They can be quickly reassemble and made active on short notice.

[edit on 3/18/2009 by coolieno99]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
That's the main reason why those 2 countries stop making more. There have been "reductions" on both sides. but it's more like "disassembling" them for storage. They can be quickly reassemble and made active on short notice.

[edit on 3/18/2009 by coolieno99]

This is completely wrong, the delivery systems and "bombs" have been completely destroyed under the most recent salt treaty. Including verification by both sides.

Billons were paid to russia to destroy such systems.

here is all the data....

www.armscontrol.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

If Iran was to start a solar power scheme in the desert, you would see sattelite pictures put on Fox news telling you that Iran is seeking a new weapon similar to haarp.
If they had wind turbines they would be accused of trying to use propellors to push Iran in one direction in order to push Israel into the sea.

Just because you get told that countries are trying to reduce their stockpile does not make it true.

They told you that the global ecenomic meltdown was just a small market adjustment.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
[If Iran was to start a solar power scheme in the desert, you would see sattelite pictures put on Fox news telling you that Iran is seeking a new weapon similar to haarp.
If they had wind turbines they would be accused of trying to use propellors to push Iran in one direction in order to push Israel into the sea.

Just because you get told that countries are trying to reduce their stockpile does not make it true.

They told you that the global ecenomic meltdown was just a small market adjustment.

Is anyone else dizzy from this spin? Strap a magnet to his arse and generate electricity for half the planet.......

Again do not overlook the issue of being a 12er. I realize it is hard for anti-god types to understand this issue, but, the 911 hijackers were looking for 72 virgins, etc, etc, as are "most" suicide bombers.

Just because in seeking such "bliss" requires billions to die, DO NOT underestimate the insanity behind this nutcase religion.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Whilst I feel that Iran reaching nuclear weapon capability contributes absolutely nothing to any peace process and could indeed help destabilise the area, if not the world, even further, I also recognise that no other nation state has the right to dictate to Iran what they should or should not do.
I only wish Iran would reciprocate this on other matters!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime I realize it is hard for anti-god types to understand this issue, but, the 911 hijackers were looking for 72 virgins, etc, etc, as are "most" suicide bombers.
Just because in seeking such "bliss" requires billions to die, DO NOT underestimate the insanity behind this nutcase religion.

Aren't you on the wrong website to be pimping that party line about the 911 hijackers? Further, if you're calling Islam a 'nutcase religion', that violates the T's & C's as far as I'm concerned.

And finally, have we not been going through a stage where American Christian fundamentalists have been pushing the Israeli connection in order to bring on the final Armageddon...which will bring them to Rapture? And many said that Bush was one of them...certainly they enjoyed the warmth of the White House.

And we ain't talkin' Democrats here, I'd wager...

So, can we expect you to trash them in a similar manner any time soon?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
And we ain't talkin' Democrats here, I'd wager...

So, can we expect you to trash them in a similar manner any time soon?

Do a little homework and find I already have been "bashin'" dubya. The difference is Israel and wackjob "rapturist" haven't been marching in the streets saying "death to america" etc, etc, etc.

PS your pink "I hate bush" thong undies are showing......or is that just a tattoo on your butt? [sarcasim] implied......

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
The difference is Israel and wackjob "rapturist" haven't been marching in the streets saying "death to america" etc, etc, etc.
PS your pink "I hate bush" thong undies are showing......or is that just a tattoo on your butt? [sarcasim] implied......

You are quite right...the rapturists have not been marching in the streets...they have been doing sleepovers in the White House, and influencing the most powerful station on earth. It's what you call 'insidious', because they are creating the rot from the inside.

I can't say I hate Bush...but I sure hate what he made of the US. And while you like to talk about other's undies and such, I have to tell you I assume you are male, and I am straight and married...but thanks for the complimentary attention, just the same. You know...not that there's anything wrong with that...

And you gotta be a pal to know about my tattoo.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I can't believe you're actually serious.
The vast majority of the Muslim world do not run through the streets chanting "death to america!!!" The only thing that we've done by going into Iraq, Afghanistan, and now limited incursions into Pakistan, is to inflame any kind of hate towards America.

We have killed over a million people in Iraq.
If another country came over here and killed a million people, mostly innocent civilians caught in the crossfire, wouldn't you be chanting "Death to _______!!!!"

You've got to look at the whole situation from the viewpoint of others, or you will never reach a conclusion based on fairness and equality.

That being said, I think we should leave Iran alone. They aren't a threat to us, there is no evidence that they're much of a threat at all! Don't buy into the MSM rhetoric, there is no real hard evidence on this.
Iranian civilians actually seem to like the United States, and I think that all they really want is for us to leave them alone so that they can continue to develop their nation. Nuclear power is a big step for them, let's allow them to develop like any other country. Don't they deserve that right?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

I can't believe you're actually serious.
The vast majority of the Muslim world do not run through the streets chanting "death to america!!!" The only thing that we've done by going into Iraq, Afghanistan, and now limited incursions into Pakistan, is to inflame any kind of hate towards America.

math again, ok how's this....

It only took 19 true believers to murder over 3000 and take down two monster buildings. Those 19 brought on the events that followed.

Islam is anti-christ. Therefore all islam is an abomination to God. allah the false god is using these fanatics to fight against YHVH's true people.

All islam is cursed because they "deny" Jesus was the son of God, that Jesus died, and rose again.

The Iranian 12ers are being used by allah (satan) to wage war with the remnant of the house of Israel.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

I can't say I hate Bush...but I sure hate what he made of the US. And while you like to talk about other's undies and such, I have to tell you I assume you are male, and I am straight and married...but thanks for the complimentary attention, just the same. You know...not that there's anything wrong with that...

And you gotta be a pal to know about my tattoo.

The day will come when many in the world will pray for bush's return to power. For the day when america was once serious about stopping terrorist. Bush did much I dislike also, he became weak and gave in to "moderate" influences..........

(a bad guess on my part about the tattoo, my wise arse mouth in trouble again, "too much info".....)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
No country should be allowed to create and maintain Nuclear Weapons imo. At the end of the day, pretty much ALL humans will suffer the effects if one is used anyway; either directly, or indirectly through provocation and intimidation. (Only exception I could think of is if Aliens threatened to wipe us out, then a non-Veto UN state should hold several for the Earth's safety just in case.) Even this is a tricky situation though.

Should we allow Iran to go nuclear? Yes, it is technology that can really help its people and their future welfare. Should we allow Iran to build nuclear weapons? No. No nation should be "allowed" to build nukes. Also remember, however, that "we" did not ask Iran whether we could use nuclear technology in our lands.

[edit on 21/3/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You know this really irritates me every time someone brings this up.

We cannot stop countries from getting the bomb forever - you cannot stop progress - Period.

Whether you like it or not short of nuking Iran to oblivion preemptively sooner or later they will get the bomb if they want it.

And you know what - so what if they do, if they use it - which they wont unless attacked first -we will then wipe them off the face of the Earth like you want.

You know if we weren't threatening to blow them to kingdom come and calling them a member of the axis of evil every few days- and if they didn't have a legitimate reason to fear Isreal they probably wouldn't even want it. They really don't have much of a problem with us other than we are Isreals biggest supporter.

Iranians are not radical muslims and quite frankly them getting the bomb will affect Americans about zero. The only reason we care is Isreals influence over our government, and our countries thirst for oil - which if we play our cards right could be cut in half in 10-15 years.

Basically the bottom line is this, if you bring a bazooka to a fight, you really shouldn't be surprised if your enemy brings one too.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by proximo]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
No, but we shouldn't let Israel bomb them either.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

That's if you even buy that whole crazy incident as fact.
There is more proof that it was somehow intended than there is that just planes took it down.

Look at Pearl Harbor, the powers that be knew that it was coming. It's common knowledge now. Stop buying the baseless rhetoric they're selling friend.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Iran is a soveriegn nation, it has the right to pursue Nuclear Power/Bombs for it's own use. Having said that, it's the right of it's neighbors, and in this age of intercontinental missiles that's everyone, to be concerned about that. The President of Iran has demonstrated that he's may not be the most stable of folks, however, don't for a moment forget that he is not the one with all the stroke there...the religious leaders, the mullahs, hold ultimate power over decisions in Iran. For better or for worse...

Only time will tell...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join