It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we let Iran go nuclear?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i was born in iran and am iranian and i know how the government works they dont give a hoot about the general populace,i mean 70 percent of the 70 or more million people are under the age of 30 above all things the nuclear issue is one of pride and if the government keeps the populace busy they have less internal problems

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Iran launched a satelite so even with out a bomb they can destroy places if they have nuclear powerstation they can then use the power from that station and use that power to create a particle beam weapon bouncing it from iran to the satelite and back to any part of the middle east they want. that is if they have the technology .. The US has it but we know that someone like Khan who distributed nuclear tech to iran and north korea ect could have other people like him who steals top secret advanced tech from usa or russia to states like Iran.
Then they don't need bombs.
A bit far fetched I know but I am thinking about the stuff which will come out of the black into the grey area when the Iran problem gets out of hand and the US has to get in its special tech.. And Isreal has also got radicle stuff many things come from isreal.. a nation in continue war state will have to stay in lead. we have seeen that during cold war where the US and USSR developed radicle things like the b2 bomber in the 1960s and 70s and those were not even disclosed until late 80 begin 90s so wonder what will be used in the coming great war.
But the Idea Iran having a nuclear weapon is not an happy one. not at all.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
To counter the threat of nuclear Israel it only makes sense neighbours arm themselves with nuclear weapons if they want to survive. If disarmament has to be taken in midle east it should be same for Israel as well. So either it should be total nuke free zone bcoz selective favouritism is no longer an option in todays practical world.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
To counter the threat of nuclear Israel it only makes sense neighbours arm themselves with nuclear weapons if they want to survive. If disarmament has to be taken in midle east it should be same for Israel as well. So either it should be total nuke free zone bcoz selective favouritism is no longer an option in todays practical world.

I agree with most of this, although I don't perceive a nuclear Israel as a "threat" to anyone - Israel does not threaten the existence of any other countries, whereas historically most of Israel's neighbours have vociferously threatened to destroy Israel.

A nuclear armed Iran scares the hell out of me. However the West cannot take any moral high ground on nuclear proliferation while we have stockpiles of tens of thousands of hydrogen bombs. It's hypocrisy.

Ultimately I don't think anyone or anything can change what's going to happen. Iran will have nukes eventually, and it will cause a shift in geopolitical allegiances in the Middle East for the worst in my opinion. We'll just have to deal with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Mmmm if you could use your own children to wipe minefields[Iran/Iraq war], i'd rather not see them go nuclear...

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Foppezao]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join