It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Citibank send billions to Dubai!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Why did the bailout money go to Dubai?
I Just heard this on the news, nothing on the web yet,

I did find this.

article.wn.com...

Story developing.

Plus they use bailout money to buy out other banks?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I did find this.

article.wn.com...

Story developing.

"Why did the bailout money go to Dubai?"

I guess a lot of the investors and holders of American debt resides in Dubai and in the Gulf region.

So this may be part of a pay-off to the people who bought, and got stucked with toxic papers?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The oil nations are getting upset bout the fact USA is bankrupt and can not meet their debt. Citi are a tool for shifting our money into other creditors. No offence intended, this is a no brainer....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

I did find this.

article.wn.com...

Story developing.

I guess a lot of the investors and holders of American debt resides in Dubai and in the Gulf region.

So this may be part of a pay-off to the people who bought, and got stucked with toxic papers?

Is this why the stock market is rallying the last two days?

I wont pretend to even understand all this.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
The oil nations are getting upset bout the fact USA is bankrupt and can not meet their debt. Citi are a tool for shifting our money into other creditors. No offence intended, this is a no brainer....

Our bail out money goes to this?

I am sorry but this stinks. I am getting, angrier and angrier.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I did find this.

article.wn.com...

Story developing.

Is this why the stock market is rallying the last two days?

I wont pretend to even understand all this.

Even in the downwards spirals and trends, the market can rally!

But the trend is still down and nothing has changed the fundamental data/numbers & facts about the American economy to indicate that we've hit the bottom yet!

I wouldn't buy stocks now!

[edit because of missing letters and poor spelling! on 11-3-2009 by Chevalerous]

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Chevalerous]

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Dubai and Saudi Arabia are the biggest investors of Citi, China and singapoor comes next.

In 2007 that is how Citi got the infusion and help it needed to keep alive back then rather than collapsing thanks to one prince from Saudi.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I did find this.

article.wn.com...

Story developing.

this is how the little people pay off the wealthy people's mistakes. and that's why corporations were formed in the first place...to privatize gains and socialize losses...i mean this has been happening since the dutch west india company did it back in 1621. this shouldn't come as a shock.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Most if not all of the bail out monies have NOT been used for what we where told they where for in the first place. It is a surprise to a lot of people who haven't followed from day one and is perfectly understandable.It is a very confusing situation even for those who do understand the markets and how it works. I think those of us that do get most if not all of it should remember this when speaking to others regarding what pieces and parts we do know about.

Now a VERY large chunk of the original TARP funds have been used to buy up other banks and companies, BofA for one bought up some Japanese construction companies, AIG has been paying monies over into Asia as most of the insurance they have is through AIG.
Large sums have also gone to foreign central banks of all places, yes your tax payer dollars went to prop up central banks such as the Royal Bank of Scotland!!

Not to mention the payments to the people at the top of the companies who have yet to disclose the exact amounts of what has gone where because frankly the TARP bill said they didn't have to and CAN NOT be held legally liable for it either.

The wording in the Tarp bill gave them powers outside of our laws; power to take what they wanted and use it how they saw fit, there is nothing in the bill that says they have to use OUR TAX MONEY to bring up OUR economy. Of course in "good faith" many expected this to be a no brainer get the money and save your country.

What most don't understand is that these people have alliance to NO ONE but themselves and the all mighty dollar or yen or peso choose one! They are masters of legal contracts and keep in close tow the best of the best in attorneys to make sure that they get the loop holes to escape and the means by which to do so.

Congress and the government knew this early on and it is (IMO) WHY so many where threatened with harm coming to the American people and people of the world if they didn't go along with it. They (the heads of the market movers) had to instill the ultimate fear of total collapse to get away with this.

If people of the real main street would just ban together and work side by side with one another the world over WE OURSELVES could bring ourselves out of this by the end of the year. Most have lost TRUST in any form of government due to this generated crisis brought on by the greed and gambling addictions of the financial elite.

WE don't have those problems and are very adept at balancing a checkbook and living with in our means for the time being and making sacrifices to help those we know who are in need. The question is are we capable of doing it? Can we put aside our "me" mentality? Can we put aside our we must be better than the next guy syndrome? Can we ALL the world over stand together and bring this to an end and support one another?

There has been MORE THAN ENOUGH DEBATING over what has been done! It is over and done with! There is nothing we can do legally or otherwise that is going to change the robbery that has taken place; BUT we as a people have the ability to side step the mayhem and make our own way.

We all have skills, we all have hearts, we all have a conscious. It is time to USE THEM. There is now no other way. The sooner people can get past the pain of the loss of trust and wrong doing the sooner we can work together and start over, with or with out them. TRUST ME if we ban together they will bend and move aside because with out US THEY ARE NOTHING!

Get that to the center of your thinking! THEY ARE NOTHING WITHOUT US AND THEY KNOW IT!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Congress and the government knew this early on and it is (IMO) WHY so many where threatened with harm coming to the American people and people of the world if they didn't go along with it. They (the heads of the market movers) had to instill the ultimate fear of total collapse to get away with this.

That thought did cross my mind.

The big players, did they keep the market down?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

We all have skills, we all have hearts, we all have a conscious. It is time to USE THEM.

How?

Can you tell me how to use them?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just saw a report on cnn about this and other foreign investments citi, BOA and chase made overseas. I tried to find it on the website but was unable to find it. (if they show it again I will be sure and update this)

Each of the three of them did investments in India, Dubai, and China respectively. I agree with the reporter that did the report, with all the trouble here they could have made investments into many things here at home.

stacie your post was so much along my lines of thinking. What is too bad is that people cannot draw their money out of the banks without sustaining a penalty. I would love to see a grassroots movement to pull out as much money as possible from those busturds, it would so serve them right and it would help them realize that truly THEY NEED US AND OUR MONEY. red

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I just saw a report on cnn about this and other foreign investments citi, BOA and chase made overseas. I tried to find it on the website but was unable to find it. (if they show it again I will be sure and update this)

I have been having a hard time finding info. on this too.

Figures

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Treasury told to make bail-out banks invest in US
www.ft.com...

Congressmen railed against the US Treasury’s oversight of financial sector bail-outs on Wednesday, complaining that institutions receiving government funds were investing money abroad when they should be focused on the US.

The criticism in Wednesday’s hearing of the House of Representatives subcommittee on domestic policy, indicates a growing sense of nationalism in Congress as politicians react to public anger over how taxpayers’ funds are being spent.

Dennis Kucinich, the subcommitee’s Democratic chairman, highlighted $8bn of financing arranged by Citigroup for public authorities in Dubai, and a $7bn (€5.5bn, £5bn) investment by Bank of America in the China Construction Bank Company.

Both Citigroup and Bank of America have been main recipients of some of the $200bn pool of public funds injected into banks since the Bush administration launched its Troubled Asset Relief Programme in October last year.

“When it is hard to get a loan in this country, is it the Treasury’s opinion that a bank that received Tarp money is justified in arranging financing for an $8bn loan to the government of Dubai?” Mr Kucinich asked Neel Kashkari, who is handling the Tarp programme at the Treasury on an interim basis.

“Are you telling the American people that it’s better to invest in another country than it is for these banks who have Tarp money to invest in our own country?”

Mr Kashkari warned that any move to restrict banks from lending abroad could spark retaliation.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hide behind the weak and needy, and profit from everything!

We are on to you Illuminati! - videos (thread)

O-315

new topics

top topics

join