It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Meltdown is Over. Now is time to make Money.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The economy must be getting better the price of gas has went up 50 cents in the last 3 weeks. That should slow things down a bit.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Uh, no. That's because of China's 9% growth.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Also cause of the inflation.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Is rattan1 coming back in 2 weeks to tell us it is time to sell?

I'm in this sold short thing already. I'm sweating the early sell decision, but I'm still holding on to it and waiting for the downturn. It is coming soon. How about 11/25 Christmas in November?

Rattan1, you coming back in a fortnight with some gloom and doom??

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Cabaret Voltaire]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

No Doom and Gloom YET. If ever the market is going to fall by big numbers then expect it to kick back up with bigger numbers. Lots of people have missed the March lows to get in the market and there are still loads of inverters out there with loads of cash waiting to Jump in the market every time its goes down. This rally is not ending so soon......

[edit on 24-11-2009 by rattan1]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
No way. Obama is looking too bad to have success just yet. The market is ripe for a fall. I just heard Sarah Palin say that she wanted America to get back to being the superpower militarily and economically. It was on some tv interview. I heard it. She said that she thought most Americans agree with her. She is saying right there on my television that Obama is not doing what people do in America. Oh, it's on! Sarah Palin is telling us that America is moving in the wrong direction.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Rattan1, do you still think holding stocks right now is a good idea?

I think the top is already charted.
I think the downturn is in motion.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well , today marked the 1yr anniversary of the March 09 lows. S&P gained approx 63% in the first six months...but only about 6% across the last six.

Topping formation ?

Analysts calling for more legs here seem to be in the minority , and as much as I value the contrarian POV , I can't help but wonder if we'll see a roll-over (retest ?) even before; Sell in May and Go Away ?

Gubmn't fiscal programs [limited , temporary effect on bank lending - consumer spending - employment] are drying-up. Fed mortgage program ends this month...housing credit extension ends in April.

Where to next ?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As soon as Alistair Darling stands up to make his UK Budget speech on 24th March 2010, the catastrophe will begin again.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I should clarify that I follow resource/commodity sector analysts where general equities bulls are currently in the minority. I pay little attention the CNBC permabull crowd.

Mish lends a word of caution , and makes an important comment regarding "sidelined cash" in a zero-sum market...an issue I've debated more than once here on the forum....

Mutual Fund Cash Depletion Highest Since 1991

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Rattan1, are you still around?

I was very wrong on my call of a market top back in September 2009. I could have made more money if I stayed long. I'm still holding that short from way back then, and once again I think we are at a market top.

Do you think so?
Is Rattan1 still holding those stocks from March 2009??

I'm preparing to increase my short position.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nice troll!

Of course if you are not trolling then you need to study a little history. Your post read almost verbatim like many news paper articles right before the crash of 29 and through the 30's.

Listen you might be able to make some money short term as all the fools jump in based on this kind bogus leaked info to try and boost Citi stock even though they are bankrupt and the only reason they are still operating is from bailouts.

However get in get out and never risk what you can't afford to loose and for god sake make sure you are prepared with food water guns and ammo because based on math and history there is no other place this economy can go but in the trash bin of history! The only question is when exactly it will finally hit bottom never to return. I can tell you this much we are much closer now.

Again nice troll though!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The meltdown, so to speak, is not over. Even so, during the grimy years ahead there are sure to be periods of upward spikes, ugly lurches downward, and sideways grinds alike. If significant inflation kicks in (which it may or may not), you may see what at first look like impressive gains, but in the end they won't really mean all that much.

But guess what? If you are smart, lucky, and know which way the wind blows, its ALWAYS time to make money.

(At least unless they somehow ban options and futures. Or, this being ATS, perhaps until our omnidimensional mantoid Annunaki overlords arrive once again and transform us into genetically-altered mining slaves).

By the way, as an aside, I saw an interesting stat in the most recent issue of Fortune mag. Looking at the metric for the year-over-year change in the total market valuation of all Fortune 500 companies, the figure relaesed this year shows the largest gains in history in both real and percent terms. Only one year earlier, the EXACT OPPOSITE was true -- the previous year, the same two stats (real and percentage) showed the steepest drops in history. Looking at static valuation rather than change, despite the big gains this year, we are still 17% off the all-time market valuation high for the Fortune 500 companies-- which itself was only two years ago. I know you can't judge everything by the blue chips and lage caps, but wow...volitility: it's not just for breakfast anymoree.

Actually, the Fortune 500 index static valuation is still lower than it was a decade ago. I knew "buy and hold" was a crock of **** even back in the 90s, when everyone from the shoe-shine boy to Warren Buffett considered it gospel. In reality, its more like, "Buy, and then hold still, because it's easier to pick your pockets if you aren't squirming around so much."

When you toss in their generally-gutted house values on top of the limp performance of their generally conventional portfolios, it looks like Mr. and Mrs. Average Prudent Baby-Boomer Investor may be dining on Fancy Feast rather than at the Pebble Beach Clubhouse in their fast-appraohing retirement years.

[edit on 4/27/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Citigroup vs Gerald Celente

Citigroup said global meltdown is over.
Gerald Celente still ranting about doom and gloom.

Who will win? Who will be the biggest clown?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join