It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Meltdown is Over. Now is time to make Money.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
So despite my negativity, rattan1 was right. It was the time to make money.

Investments aren't always long term investments (you have to realize your gains by selling), and the DOW went from 6,930 on 3/11/09 on the original post to 8,799 close on Friday, a 26% climb. Had we put our 401Ks back into the market, we'd have half our losses back.

Even if this was a smoke and mirrors climb, without healthy economic fundamentals, the markets did rise.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
food for thought, why would you go out and by any assests, when possibly the federal government could enforce its laws and take it away from you like gm, chrylser. or better yet china comes over here and claims emminent domain over the united states, and takes its natural resources and or land to aquire some of the money back that it has lent to us on our glutony spree!

cannot even beleive this thread was even made

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad

cannot even beleive this thread was even made

Believe it or not, this thread was made and if you stayed on the sideline like many pessimists out here then you have missed the greatest opportunity to make some money.

I do agree with many here that the economy is still very weak and would remain so for some time, but, we are not in “Meltdown Mode” anymore. The focus now is recovery. Many economists agree that the economy is turning around and if you followed the business news you will agree that we saw a lot of positive data coming through..

It is still going to be a very bumpy ride on the stock market. The bulls are taking a pose and the bears are back in the driving seat but the market will not reach the March lows again. I believe that stock prices have reached its fair values and will remain in the 8,700-8,200 points for some time until we see some strong earnings to push the market beyond the 9,000 mark.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I'm buying tomorrow! This market is just not wanting to go down. There are plenty of people holding it up. It just doesn't want to fall yet.

Milk and cookies have kept me up late.

The DOW is going to touch 10,000 before selling off in late Autumn and making a second & higher bottom in relation to the March bottom.

I think the downside is so minimal that the upside is the choice to make. The television personalities are constantly trying to convince you that the 40% rally from March is a done deal, but this level is being supported. Even if not a lot of folks are buying... not a lot are selling. It is heading higher and the excitement factor will kick in big time up to at least DOW 10K.

It makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
Investments aren't always long term investments (you have to realize your gains by selling), and the DOW went from 6,930 on 3/11/09 on the original post to 8,799 close on Friday, a 26% climb. Had we put our 401Ks back into the market, we'd have half our losses back.

In a 401-K you don't realize your gain by selling for the most part....it's a long term investment. The average drop I have seen has been about 35%, so your 100,000 401-K dropped to 65,000 and even with this rally you would still be at 82,000. Personally, myself I would have liked to have kept my 100,000 and just made 10-13% on my money when the markets picked up. But that's just me. There are other Savings and Investment options out there.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Look this is just my personal take and I have nothing to back it up so take it however you like but here's my take... the market is going to crash again and soon the question of when depends on when it reaches some obscure number or we see another worrisome news blip...

Now look I'm an old retired guy and those people in my peer group (baby bommers) do most of the investing. For a year now all we do is talk about the economy and what our plans are... Doctors offices, NCO club, AARP newsletters grocery store almost everyone is saying the same thing...

We're tired of the stress and just want out... most of us didn't sell hoping to make back some of our losses but loss we are willing to take. So we wait for the market to rise and we all have this magic number in the back of our heads...once it reaches that number we will sell...

Once Baby boomers do start their mass sell offs that money will not return to the stock markets... Keep in mind we boomers make up more than Half of the US population we hold a great deal of the nations wealth... sure there will still be other buyers trading stocks but they will do so without our money...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Take a look at the Etrade.com ''MAX'' time period....
www.alexa.com...

Etrade is getting busy. The market is bubbling up.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
So despite my negativity, rattan1 was right. It was the time to make money.

Even if this was a smoke and mirrors climb, without healthy economic fundamentals, the markets did rise.

It's easy to make astounding financial decisions in hind-sight...

The Global Melt Down is not over, it's far from over.

However, in trading you can make money in a bear or a bull market.

So, we have people saying things like you your self have said.. there is money to be made. 20-30-40% increases on the index's... So what are people doing?

They took money from 401ks, Variable Annuities, Mutual Funds, etc, etc.. at 10's of billions every month (99billion in Jan alone) .. The market hits its low in March.

Then, in May the ratio to withdraw/deposit into these funds turns green... in June it accelerated ..

Now we are due for another major down turn. So what are we doing?

Selling low and Buying high.

Now the investors puting all they got back into the market, into these funds are set up to get royally screwed in the next few months, they will loose a huge portion of their investment. Again.

Like I said, financial decisions are best made in hindsight.. but when your watching people making money and you find your self wanting.. it's best to suck it up and take the loss than risk it all and loose it.. which is what thousands of Americans are about to learn the hard way.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This can't be true. Sources please.
If it were true, it sounds too good to be legit.
The economy to me is still fux0red from my point of view.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
As I read this thread I can not help but to remember the words of Daniel Estulin when he claimed that the markets would be manipulated in order to sucker the people into investing again, getting what little they have left, then pulling out the rug from under them.

You go right ahead and invest away, feel free to believe what Citigroup tells you. After all, they wouldn't have any motive to lie to you, would they?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This could have been a great thread that i would have had no problem with at the time if it simply had another word in it......after "over" it would be "temporarily"

i posted for a month or so on here but could not get thru to many that this is not a "normal recession" where the stock market is gonna go like it does in other downturns....

there is a process for what we are going thru .....it is called a depression

a giant debt deflation

they last for MANY YEARS......they do not EVER go straight down

the longer they take in clearing the BAD Financial system debts from the system (writing them off/letting them default) the longer the smoke and mirrors B.S talk will continue........meanwhile all of wall street would probably go bankrupt should they clear most of their bad debt overhang

In the meantime it is IMPERATIVE that the consumer led economy does not go into a DEATH SPIRAL by suspending most all spending.....so to maintain order the public must be fed talk of green shoots and fairy tales.....they believe them and keep spending a bit more.....

In the meantime the fed has pledged trillions to artificially support the credit markets and keep them on life support.....there is no plan to get rid of this.....or historical precedent....there is no recovery with the credit markets dependent on this

The one thing the markets can't avoid is dealing with FUTURE EARNINGS......based on all rationale thinking earnings projections for the second half will be lowered and this will ensure ....who knows ....the PPT will have to work harder? lol

Denial makes me feel good.....this is just doom and gloom talk....i will think the best..repeat and go back to sleep

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Yes, the market is 'bubbling'. If you mean they are trying to form a new bubble. It's a suckers rally. People taking their advice from Jim Cramer and morons like of that ilk.

People want to believe the worst is past so they don't have to wake up to the reality that the world is headed for a massive economic downturn that will make the last few months pale by comparison.

Sad to think in this day and age that people see all these 'predictions' and assume, "well, that didn't happen. so, everything must be ok."

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Look at the Dow chart and the Dollar Euro.
These charts are set for a divergence.
The Dow can rally here, and the Euro can fall off a cliff.

I'm still holding the stocks I bought a couple Thursdays ago.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes. I bought in a little early. I need to work on that.

But here come the earnings reports!

INTEL is up 9% afterhours on great earnings report. They are a Dow component... so.... up we go!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

Maybe its not at the "assume crash positions and pray to whatever deity you believe in" stage anymore, but has anything really gotten better?

Governments have accumulated huge debts due to bailouts, unemployment will likely keep on rising and banks are still lending in far less volume.

So while there may be quick money to be made when the market rallies somewhat in the future due to the destructive boom and bust style of our Economies, things are not better they are worse.

All they have done/are doing is papering over the cracks, the entire system is built on a rotten foundation which one day will give way.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'm changing my top prediction from 10,000 down to 9,360.

Then we'll see the typical selloff in late summer/fall until a rally before Christmas. I want a classic Santa Claus rally that carries through into next year and sets the tone for a higher ending in 2010 also.

All this with some war drama, too. There is just too much aggression all around the world for us to not ratchet up the war machine and get some mainstream media hero talk going also.

Or do all of you want to see more depression and gloominess?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

It is not over, by far, I am sorry to say.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

Yes, you are correct that this is now the time for the robber-barrons to make their money, but that is simply because this is a part of their template by design.

It is a way to manipulate the economy, via the Federal Reserve, and this economic crunch we are still within, is the bubble bursting upon the manipulations of the economic machine as it got pushed, pulled, and twisted around and around like a merry-go-round, until it finally broke.

Now, the robber-barrons and gloabl elite are picking up the pieces.

Meanwhile, us citizens are caught in the middle, with mortgages foreclosing, cars being repossessed, and jobs failing.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Folks after a long break form ATS I am back. I hoped that despite lots of negativity on this thread some people did listen to me and jumped in the market early march when I started this thread. If you did, then your portfolio would have grown three to five fold as mind did.

In my first post I did mention that many will be stunned by this rally and I believe it did stun many of you. The market is now pass the 10,000 point mark and with all the stunning earnings results unraveling I think it will stay close to the 10,000 mark for some time and rise further in the month to come.

I can't myself to YELL this to all who did NOT BELIEVE ME:

I TOLD YOU SO.......

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Oh Rattan, I've gone the other way on this. I made loot on the run up, but now I've sold and gone short. I did it a couple weeks ago. I'm short the DJIA from the 9700 level.

Only time will tell....

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

5 fold? That's it? Mine grew 100 fold. You must be hanging out with the wrong crowd. stop listening to cramer. Play with the real dogs.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join