It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Iran does not have key nuclear material

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by neo67
dude dO NOT try to make it appear that lebanese,palistinians, and gaza residents were sitting down on their sofas watching tv just minding their own business and the so called evil isreal woke up one day and said hey lets go kill a bunch of people they reacted from being attacked.

Strawman argument. Show me where I said any of that.

"So called evil israel." Did I call it "evil israel," if not then why say I did?

The fact of the matter is that the Palestinians are in a prison system. The prison walls keeps them locked into their towns, Israel imposes curfews on them, Israel shuts down their water supply and electricity to punish them, Israel holds check points in every town to keep Palestinians from fleeing.

When Israel invaded Lebanon and Gaza, they trapped the civilians in there. In Lebanon, they bombed the bridges, airports, highways, before they invaded and then they dropped fliers telling people to leave. How were those people supposed to leave when Israel cut off any means of escape? It was a cruel joke the Israeli goverment played on the Lebanese, just like someone barricading all means of an exit to a room and then setting the room on fire, and then telling people to escape.

dont get me wrong here i dont condone alot of what both sides have done when there are other ways to resolve conflicts.

Both sides are at fault for taking the wrong approach, but there's one side that keeps building on the land of the other and keeps adding fuel to the fire.

isreal has a right to exist every nation has the right to exist but
if its a government of "hate" then it should not

If they're not a goverment of hate, then why are all their leaders still oppressing other nations? Why do they look down upon the neighboring Arabs and claim that they should all be "driven to the sea"? Why have they intentionally mislead the US goverment to start a war with Iran?

my bad for the "so called evil" comment

all i was trying to say is all the people mentioned above are not simply victims of isreal.

i am saying what were those people doing to isreal to provoke an such a violent reactions

[edit on 11-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by neo67

This is not about the Holocaust, this is about Israel trying to drag America in front of her when she goes to war with Iran.

Iran will be needing alternative energy sources in the future, when her gasoline supplies either runs out, or becomes obsolete.

They don't have nuclear power... who will help them power their infrastructure? Nobody! Yeah, nobody!

Uh, Iran was offered many incentives to stop their uranium enrichment program, including assistance installing a light water reactor from the European Union back in 2006. Light water reactors were offered to Iran because they are difficult to use to produce atomic weapons, but not difficult to use to create energy. Iran could have have learned from the installation and repeated that process all across the country to produce their energy needs, but they rejected this incentive package. So if their needs were strictly about energy, why would they reject an offer of help?

Help with Reactor Included in European offer to Iran (May 16)
www.nytimes.com...

Iran President Rejects Europ Incentives (May 17)
www.redorbit.com...

[edit on 11-3-2009 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo67

Originally posted by branty
reply to post by neo67

Why do you say that, the only country to ever use a nuke was........(drum roll)..... the good ole USA

by an administration over 60 years ago to save lives for a japanese invasion-save lives on both sides. i wish the nuke wasnt used yes

Japan was already down and out at this stage of the war. the bombs where not about winning the war, they where about testing the bombs and keeping those who funded the project happy.
they had to see that their money was not wasted on developing the bomb.

Japan was cut off from raw materials such as rubber, oil, metals,
they where running out of pilots with any real skill or training.
Allied aircraft had adbvanced beyond the Japanese aging fleet of aircraft.
America was a huge industrial nation with plenty of natural raw materials who could supply and feed their troops throughout the conflict.

so please tell me again why they dropped the bombs?

back on topic, Iran are trying to produce electricity for a failing electicity supply which they currently have.
Just because you have a desert does not mean that solar is the way to go, solar may be advancing, yet may still be in its infancy, nulear however is proven.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Actually my friend, the will of the Japanese soldier and his willingness to die for his country, would have cost countless more american lives to break Japan on the islands, the war could have lasted years more. I have no prob with them dropping the first bomb. The 2nd bomb was not neccessary

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

Gee, can you show me ONE nation that has successfully moved to all solar and wind? I can't think of any. Does your nation use Nuclear power generation? If so, then why can't another nation? Iran needs electricity too, and exporting Oil is a major source of revenue for them.

People talk about how important it is to not spread nuclear weapons around the globe to more nations. Nuclear Non Proliferation. Hmm... I can think of one Mid East nation that absolutely refuses to sign the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty, despite their having more than 200 Nuclear weapons, with many of them armed, aimed, and ready. Who would that rebel nation be?........................ Israel.

[edit on 11/3/09 by Terapin]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
reply to post by neo67

Gee, can you show me ONE nation that has successfully moved to all solar and wind? I can't think of any. Does your nation use any Nuclear power? If so, then why can't another nation?

and there are still fossil fuels that they can use dont forget that.

the most sucessfull alternative energy programs are in europe, solar,wind and hydro

demand leads to innovation leads to progress.

fact is the technology exists today but we dont use it.

nuclear power is not clean or cheap

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

Never said it was clean, cheap, or even a good idea. Thing is though... it is their choice. If Iran wants to sell it's oil and use nuclear for electricity, then let them. Insisting that Iran do something that no one else has ever done,(go 100% green with Solar, wind, etc) is a bit much. The technology is not up to scale and still under development. It is one thing to power a farm, or partially power a town. It is another thing all together to power an entire nation. How does solar power work at night? Iran IS increasing their Hydro power, but there are limits on how much they can ever generate that way. Iran does have wind farms and are adding more. According to one source, Iran is the sole center producing wind turbines in the Middle East. Iran is also exploring Geothermal generation and has a plant scheduled to come online at the end of this year. Even with all of that, it wont meet demands by a long shot. They have chosen Nuclear generation as a vaible alternative, as have many nations.

There are plenty of Jews living in Iran, and Iran is not trying to start a war against Israel. It is Israel pushing for war against Iran, based on the lie of nuclear weapons.

People talk about Mutually Assured Destruction. Lets say Iran eventually does build a nuke in the future. Iran well knows that if they launch it, Israel will fire back hundreds in retaliation. Détente. No one fires cause they know they will not survive. Much like the case with India and Pakistan.

Israel needs to end the rhetoric and work towards peace, not war.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
reply to post by neo67

Never said it was clean, cheap, or even a good idea. Thing is though... it is their choice. If Iran wants to sell it's oil and use nuclear for electricity, then let them. Insisting that Iran do something that no one else has ever done,(go 100% green with Solar, wind, etc) is a bit much. The technology is not up to scale and still under development. It is one thing to power a farm, or partially power a town. It is another thing all together to power an entire nation. How does solar power work at night? Iran IS increasing their Hydro power, but there are limits on how much they can ever generate that way. Iran does have wind farms and are adding more. According to one source, Iran is the sole center producing wind turbines in the Middle East. Iran is also exploring Geothermal generation and has a plant scheduled to come online at the end of this year. Even with all of that, it wont meet demands by a long shot. They have chosen Nuclear generation as a vaible alternative, as have many nations.

There are plenty of Jews living in Iran, and Iran is not trying to start a war against Israel. It is Israel pushing for war against Iran, based on the lie of nuclear weapons.

People talk about Mutually Assured Destruction. Lets say Iran eventually does build a nuke in the future. Iran well knows that if they launch it, Israel will fire back hundreds in retaliation. Détente. No one fires cause they know they will not survive. Much like the case with India and Pakistan.

Israel needs to end the rhetoric and work towards peace, not war.

you cannot tell me iran just wants nuclear power just for energy i dont buy it and never will

add the development of the safir-2 rocket " omid" ? that technology is not just used to launch satellites in to orbit

pakistan and india have relativley stable leaders they dont have religious nutjobs at the button you cannot say the same for iran

i do agree if they get the nuke and use it they are toast.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

Pakistan has a stable leader??????

Lets say, the sake of discussion, That Iran does eventually build a nuclear weapon? So what? They are not the first in the Mid East to do so. They haven't attacked Israel yet, and are not currently calling for war against Israel.

They DO indeed need more power generation for their nation. Nuclear generation makes sense for them as it has for many other nations. If it makes them feel better to have nuclear weapons in the future, so be it. You can not blame them, and fail to blame the rest of the world as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

Try to imagine what it is like for Iran right now. Israel is not hiding the fact they are looking for a nod from ANYONE to attack Iran, and Israel has the NUKES

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i swear you 2 if you cannot see how bad a nuclear iran is

isreal doesnt need a nod from anyone that country does whatever it wants to.

iran funds hamas and hezballah and guess what who was it raining rockets down on isreal? all that was funded by iran.( thats a proxy war) thru lebannon

you dont spend millions of dollars on icbm technology and not have an agenda not to put nukes on the tips
you dont spend millions on nuclear power just for "energy"

iran does not need nuclear energy BECAUSE irans power requirements are nothing close its eastern eurpoean or western counterparts.

and guess what whose a memeber of opec? iran is and if you dont think iran can bully other member to increase the price of oil and increase to higher prices and high gas prices at the fuel pumps? dont think that wont happen cause that could happen- noone will mess with a nuclear power

a nuclear war between iran and isreal ? dont say its not possible cause it is
how would it effect you depending on the prevailing winds and contamination into the atmosphere it could very likely reach all the way to the us desimating alot of countries.
i am stopping here cause if you cant see how bad a nuclear iran is gonna be you never will

[edit on 12-3-2009 by neo67]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join