It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Triangle Shaped 'Craft' Photographed By SOHO Near The Sun!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Here's something interesting. Two massive triangle shaped 'craft' photographed by SOHO. Now I'm not sure if this is a CCD glitch or the real deal. Both 'objects' are of the same shape and size and point in the same direction.

I had asked some experts to try and figure out what these could be but drew a blank! If these cannot be proved to be CCD anomalies, then is this the real deal?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/933374902c478b76.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's another image from the same strip. The triangles are still there, but now have been joined by a cylindrical object which disappears in the next image!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/875c5b411d13750f.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a similar triangle near the sun taken way back by SOHO.

5th April 2000, 1106 hrs. Huge triangular shaped object surrounded
in an almost perfect semi circle by smaller objects photographed near
the sun.
Courtesy: SOHO/LASCO

Cheers!

Link

[edit on 10-3-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
They seem to be right on the edge of the image, you can see the other 3 corners have the same triangle shape cut out as well.
(I assume these areas have no data, like the disc over the sun)

So they might not be triangles but just cut off the image.

Still doesn't explain what they are though, I'll leave that for the experts.

Edit: Now that the page linked as fully loaded it appears they're in every frame and are unchanged...

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yet again an awesome find, there, Mike!

My first gut instinct is to say it's a glitch of some kind... I know that SOHO has shown similar anomalies in the past and they have been written off as glitches.

However, as you pointed out with the final image, the same shape/glitch/whatever has been seen in previous times encountering OTHER oddities.

Makes me feel the need to look into it much closer.

I'll see if i can find any further anomalies that equal those triangles, and do some comparisons.

Either way, thanks for showing us, Mike!

EDIT:

Actually, caught the other 3 corners having the triangle cutouts as well, might have to just write this off as a marker of some kind for the edge of the image... BUT... When did they start doing that? lol

It IS interesting, though, that the circular object (looks like it has cometary tail to me) is right by em... weird timing/positioning I guess lol

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Jomina]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Awesome, do they know what they are? I can say most the people on this forum would say Cigar, and Triangle shaped UFO's.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What? You're right! They aren't CCD anomalies!

It isn't April 1st yet is it?
Those are registration marks. They appear in the same position on every frame of every image taken.

The cylindrical "object" is the result of a cosmic ray impact on the CCD.

[edit on 3/10/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Are we sure they aren't insects flying in front of the telescope?!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Those are registration marks. They appear in the same position on every frame of every image taken.

Yeah most likely! But can you show some other SOHO images/strips having these 'registration' marks as you contend? I couldn't find them!

And how about the third image in the OP? Is that a registration mark too? No. Most likely a CCD glitch but what about those five 'objects' neatly lined up in a semi circle around the triangle? All glitches! Darn!!
What's with these multi million dollar cameras?

Cheers!

[edit on 10-3-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Mike, I found this one here where it shows the white triangles at the top right corner and there's also black triangles on the bottom corners.

Found it here:
soho.nascom.nasa.gov...

Also found this one showing the blanked out part, but with the triangles the same colour except for the lines:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3b85123739b.jpg[/atsimg]

Original:
soho.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Couldn't find the archive huh? I'll help you a bit but it's probably not what you're looking for.
spaceweather.gmu.edu...

When you find the semi-circle of objects you will see that they are indeed cosmic ray hits or some other glitch, appearing in a single frame and filtered in the difference image.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Mike, I found this one here where it shows the white triangles at the top right corner and there's also black triangles on the bottom corners.

Hi Chadwickus! Ah thanks. So these seem to be part of the image itself. Good find!
That settles it. But I still wonder what that triangle is in the middle of the third image in the OP?

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

it's probably not what you're looking for.
spaceweather.gmu.edu...

Thanks! Your right side SOHO image, left bottom corner. A white triangle. I wonder what that mark signifies?

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

interesting find Mikesingh

plenty of UFO's near the Sun

www.ufopicture.org...

www.iwasabducted.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

More homework for you:
solar.njit.edu...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

CCD Blooming and cosmic ray hits.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That link you have listed is pretty interesting, certainly seems to account (May or may not I do not know) for a lot of the UFO images that seem to appear near the sun.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

reply to post by easynow

CCD Blooming and cosmic ray hits.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Cosmic ray hits? (Though these aren't actually 'rays' which is a misnomer. They're cosmic particles). The odds of particles hitting a CCD in an almost perfect semi circle is astronomical. Like this image....

There must be another explanation for this phenomenon.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Cosmic ray hits? (Though these aren't actually 'rays' which is a misnomer. They're cosmic particles). The odds of particles hitting a CCD in an almost perfect semi circle is astronomical. Like this image....

There must be another explanation for this phenomenon.

Cheers!

Waste dump ice particles perhaps?

Aliens have to poopoo and peepee too after such long trips across the galaxy...dont they?

Maybe the Sun is their deposit depot.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Good notice mike , but I think this time you got the triangles wrong because on left side of this circular lens you see just the same triangle as on the right side of the lens. You also see no movement as the debris pass behind the triangle scene. I would think that if there are ours past these triangles would have moved maybe one inch on total clip time I’d download but it didn’t .

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afc9e7857ea9.jpg[/atsimg]

The triangle I refer to is the small yellow circle. That stays exactly on same place as the other triangles do from the same picture scene I downloaded . But it seems to teem with strange objects that give me question marks!

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Waste dump ice particles perhaps? Aliens have to poopoo and peepee too after such long trips across the galaxy...dont they?
Maybe the Sun is their deposit depot.

Cheers!!!!

Naaah! Poooing and peeeing in almost perfect semi circles??? Strange alien rituals, what?

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Hi Observe1. You're right! As brought out earlier these triangles seem to be some sort of markings on the film itself. So they aren't objects hanging out there.

But the triangle (Third image in the OP) in the middle near the sun, surrounded by small 'objects' in a near perfect semi circle is intriguing to say the least!

Cheers!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join