It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboard For Rush: Dems Putting Sign Outside Limbaugh's Home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I hadn't seen this discussed yet.

The Democrat Party, and the Democratic National Committee, have launched a smear campaign against a private citizen whose only fault is that he does not agree with their policies.

And this morning on the Laura Ingraham show, she said that it was David Axelrod, Obama's chief advisor, who gave the green light to proceed with this latest persecution tactic.

All Americans should be outraged and terrified at this attempt to silence freedom of speeech.

Here is an excerpt from their latest smear campaign:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I'm Jen O'Malley Dillon, the new Executive Director of the Democratic National Committee.

If you're anything like me, then you've had the urge to talk back to a right-wing talk radio host more than a few times. Now you can.
:
:
But we have no apologies for Rush, just a message. We need you to come up with a slogan, in ten words or less, that we'll put on a billboard where he can't miss it -- in his hometown of West Palm Beach, Florida.

Can you help us come up with a message for Rush that we'll place on a billboard right in his hometown?

We'll go through all the slogans we get, and the winner will have his or her message appear on the billboard -- and receive a free T-shirt featuring the winning slogan.
:
:
To get America back on a path to prosperity, we'll need to leave behind the failed partisan attack politics of the past. Americans voted for a new direction in November. Choosing Rush Limbaugh to be the voice of their party -- as Republican leaders have done -- is not the answer.

Send in your suggestion of ten words or less for a billboard and we'll choose the best one to put in Rush's own "backyard":

www.democrats.org...

Thanks,

Jen

Jen O'Malley Dillon
Executive Director
Democratic National Committee

I highlighted the most hypocritical and ironic part of her statement. Amazing that she can actually use the words "leave behind the failed partisan attack politics of the past" in the same breath as calling for a derogatory statement to put up on a billboard!

Obama is directly responsible for this. He cannot hide behind claims that he wasn't involved, etc. His own chief advisor authorized it. It was sanctioned by the DNC. Obama is supposedly the leader of the party; he is responsible for it's direction and actions.

Change you can be ashamed of.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wow, the whole world goin' down in the*SNIP* and these people are flaming radio hosts. We should spend our tax dollars on a bi-partisan cannon to shoot all of these politicians into the sun.

Mod Edit: No profanity please

[edit on 3/9/09 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
oooowww, You get a free T-Shirt!.....LOL Why not give the winner Free DVD's,!

two lines

[edit on 9-3-2009 by 38181]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

There is something seriously wrong with liberals and the liberal mind set.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is going to back fire on them majorly. Once all the "newness" wears off of Obama they will see these attacks for what they are.

They are attacking Rush to get him to say very derogatory things so they can reinstate the fairness doctrine, of course it will be under some other name because they voted to not do it.

Even though the supreme court said the Fairness doctrine was not a violation of free speech I have a feeling there is enough evidence to prove that this is a blatant move to attack the first amendment.

The democrats are hitting below the belt and they are trying to rush(no pun intended) to get these attacks out while Obama's popularity is high. This move is one, along with many others, that will prevent him from winning in 2012.

Attacking a private citizen like this is out of bounds and, if you ask me, immature.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You are looking at it in the wrong way, this isn't an afront on the freedom of speech.

This isn't an attack against Rush Limbaugh because he has harsh words for the current administration; it is a chance to brand the Republican party (and all those who strongly disagree with the 'dems.' policy, really) as a bunch of little Rush Limbaugh's

This is the democratic party doing exactly what they bitched and moaned about during the few years after 9/11 (especially 2004). Make the 'other guys' look bad by associating someone who has nothing to do, politically, with the party.

Michael Moore had his name thrown around as the voice and view-point of the democratic party for quite awhile...even though he is just a citizen who represents an inflamatory, out-of-context, emotionally vampiric type of influence (sort of like Rush with a movie camera).

He was against those in power and those in power used him against their 'political enemies'.

This is the Dems. trying to make Republicans (and those who oppose their views) guilty by association. Nothing more. Yep, just the same old bull we get every administration...

...it is nice to see everyone is still so willing to fall for the act even though they are just recycling the same old garbage every few months. It is kept in the news and the masses suck it up like it is something that actually matters.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ

There is something seriously wrong with liberals and the liberal mind set.

Brilliant line... so compact and punchy.

I must've written thousands of words on ATS alluding to the same, but you've managed to espouse that entire library into one sentence!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

No offense to the mentioned posters:

Are you serious?

Specifically aimed towards Sailorin:

The response was right to the [intended] point.

Those damn liberals...what is wrong with them, it's that damn liberal mindset that has them in the wrong...

Come on man, at least try to not eat up the constant stream of b/s/ you are fed.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
And this morning on the Laura Ingraham show, she said that it was David Axelrod, Obama's chief advisor, who gave the green light to proceed with this latest persecution tactic.

And we're supposed to believe this why? Do you have a link to the transcript or anything?

All Americans should be outraged and terrified at this attempt to silence freedom of speeech.

No one is attempting to silence him. Too many people try to make "disagreement" out to be an attempt to silence. It's just not true. Besides, Rush has been spewing his filth at Obama since he joined to race for the presidency. He's been attacking Obama since before people even knew who Obama was. And NOW we're supposed to be concerned about poor Rush?

And isn't a billboard an exercise of free speech? Rush has a big audience and a platform from which to spew his racist, bigoted hatred... Why shouldn't the people be allowed to say something back to him?

Obama is directly responsible for this.

Interesting opinion. I would say he's given tacit approval, but I'm not sure it was his idea or anything.

Having said that, I think this is a really stupid and childish thing to do and I disagree with it. But I support their right to express themselves.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It comes across as very childish to me. It also seems like a huge waste of money. There's so many people going through hard times right now. Instead of spending money on a billboard with a message to Limbaugh, why not do something useful like use that money to help the less fortunate.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cornblossom

Not a bad point. I think a better use would be to bring George W and his merry men (and woman) up on War Crimes charges.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

Yes, I am serious. The liberals have been in the open about wanting to reinstate the fairness doctrine. They know Rush can be vulgar and crude. Worst of all he hurts the liberals feelings.

They are poking Rush with a stick to give them just cause to reinstate it. The reason why it will be called something else is because they added and voted on an amendment to not reinstate the fairness doctrine, so they will try to reinstate it under some other name.

This is BS and immature and shows that liberals have no moral compass. *I'm not going to add this sentence*

It isn't hard to see what they are trying to do. Another thing, no offense, but you haven't been to places like the Huffington Post, Think Progress, etc and listen to the liberal defenders have you?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky I highlighted the most hypocritical and ironic part of her statement. Amazing that she can actually use the words "leave behind the failed partisan attack politics of the past" in the same breath as calling for a derogatory statement to put up on a billboard!

I find it very telling that you left out the following part of that message:

If Republican leaders aren't willing to tell Rush, then we will. Americans want President Obama to succeed. Our country's future depends on it. Rooting for the President's failure is rooting for our country to fail.

I'd suggest that if you are dealing with hypocracy vis-a-vis partisan politics, that you not engage in it yourself.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Attacking a private citizen like this is out of bounds and, if you ask me, immature.

But did you say the same thing when the Republicans did it?

Mark McKinnon, a top adviser in President George W. Bush's campaigns, acknowledged the value of picking a divisive opponent. "We used a similar strategy by making Michael Moore the face of the Democratic Party," he said of the documentary filmmaker. "That's why we gave him credentials to cover the 2004 convention and then turned the spotlight on him."

Washington Post

This isn't just a liberal strategy. Selective memory is an interesting thing...

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I thought exactly that when I read the whole thing. This guy has said he wants our elected president to fail and we have little recourse in speaking to him publicly about how we feel about what he said.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'm sorry but Rush does not speak for me or the millions of true conservatives that used to back the Republican party.

I find him loud, offensive and obnoxious. Not the least bit a true conservative, he and his ilk -> the "Neo-Cons" are ruining this country.

For an example of just how far the right wing repub backing crowd has fallen one need only watch an episode of "Red-Eye" the supposedly funny tongue in cheek show featured on the Fox News Network.

With the sick jokes and sexual innuendo usually focused on the Democrat party or liberals, it is the height of hypocrisy seeing all the scandals emanating from the tongue in cheek "conservative Republican party" that have been in the news so much.

Rush is just more of what is wrong being called right, pun intended, and the true base no longer wants to listen to the oversize windbag spew his hypocritical rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

well there is 1 big difference, Moore uses facts, Rush uses lies and decetion

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
haha oh you crazy Rep's this is EXACTLY the sort of prank Rush would pull if he thought of it, after all doesn't he say "Enraging liberals is simply one of the more enjoyable side effects of my wisdom."?

I listen to Rush sometimes, i don't often agree with him on much but watching him desperately try to cling onto his outdated world view is almost funny, if it wasn't so sad.

but anyhow i like rush, we need someone who doesn't take themselves too seriously to encourage debate - it's good the dems are engaging him and opening lively and funny debate, it's almost inviting him to play along, to take a shot back -hehe all in jest of course.

Rush probably does love America and all the (rich white) americans and only wants whats best for them, the Dem's love America and all the american people - they both see wildly different systems and must debate which is best, a little fun along the way never hurt anyone.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Free speech is good and all, but this is the second time the Dems have tried to smear a private citizen who has embarresed the President on a national level.

Both have crossed the line, but Rush has crossed that line going on what 20 years? It is what is expected of him. The President shouldn't resort to sarcastic remarks toward a private citizen and possibly give a go ahead to publicly humiliate him.

Rush is just doing his job.

The President is playing I know you are but what am I.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
No one is attempting to silence him. Too many people try to make "disagreement" out to be an attempt to silence. It's just not true. Besides, Rush has been spewing his filth at Obama since he joined to race for the presidency. He's been attacking Obama since before people even knew who Obama was. And NOW we're supposed to be concerned about poor Rush?

If you cannot realize the dangers of a government smearing a private citizen, then I am afraid I cannot help you.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Haha, i have to agree, ive watched Rush when [SNIP], Watching him is like watching old kung fu movies that have voices outta sync, its hallarious

Mod Edit: Removed irrelevant point.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join