It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon photos ny the USNavy. Why are there blacked out areas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
First use this address!

Now browse to the various black spots.
There is no obvious reason these parts should be missing!

Any clues?

I hope i contributed something there! (like the address... of Clementine Lunar map 2.0 Beta)

[edit on 9/3/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
To hide all the Alien Bases and our mining operations

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I've seen that image before but never noticed the blacked out areas. It's not random, looks selected. I definitely think they're hiding something though.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Don't forget the craft that pulled the moon into it's position so they could monitor earth

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This does look fishy indeed. It's odd how those blacked out spots are so random and scattered, but who honestly knows. I wouldn't jump to anything major. If they wanted to hide something couldn't they have done something less obvious and maybe just used photoshop?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Maybe its oil derricks??? Bushie would have loved that one!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
why would they use black squares while they can simply use photoshop to clone empty areas without anybody noticing it

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Whatever the reason it is certainly not apparent why the squares are missing.
At least there seems to be no technical issues involved...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
At first I just thought that the black spots were film marks, but after zooming in I saw that some of them are perfect rectangles so may be they are intentionally blacked out areas.
When you look at the scale of them, some of them appear to be 20 Kilometres and above in length

I know NASA often "airbrushed" lunar photos and the ones that I have seen are a bit more subtle than these NAVY ones.
How very strange, nice find

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That picture of the moon is a mosaic made from hundreds of thousands of smaller pictures taken by the Clementine probe back in 1994 (I believe it is made from 700,000 small images).

Therefore, the black areas are not "blacked out" of a large picture, but rather small missing pieces of a large "puzzle".

There are many reasons those pieces could be missing: i.e., perhaps bad data or places that were never photographed to begin with. Clementine did not photograph 100% of the Moon (but almost 100%).

If you want to see SOME those areas, they can be seen from Earth by using a telescope, albeit the resolution would not be the same as these Clemetine images. However, some of those black areas are on the far side, which can't be seen from Earth.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aNdReSk

Because its easier and they don't ever intend on explaining or justifying themselves

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Whatever is blocked out it is freaking HUGE!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It's a pretty old, low resolution mosaic that isn't much use for serious study. Even amateur images have better clarity. The blank bits are data glitches, it is after all a low-tech digital image. Even John Lenard Walson's efforts are better than this!

WG3

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
McDonalds are building some restauraunts up there(all fly through...obviously for fast UFO service) but don't want it leaked out by some geek taking pics with a telescope, googling moon etc.
They have a huge advertising campaign coming up that has the Cheese burger as the centre piece as they are actually using the moon on those burgers, which makes sense as we all know its made of cheese.
Please, keep it on the hush. John Leer has been billed to play Ronald up there.

KFC are in the fast food space race too, they will be cooking chicken by flying it as near to the Sun as possible, they will be under going some rebranding and all there space based franchises will be called CFC, Corona Fried Chicken(vacum fresh).

I hear Pizza Hut wanted to get involved but after the STS 80 missions viral marketing campaign failed because people didn't recognize all those floating disks as actual being pizza's, their PR firm said they should quite while ahead.

p.s. Cadbury is actually going to Mars to make chocolate Bars and are calling them MARS to compete with the other MARS bars as its the only way to breach trade mark on earth. You heard it here first on ATS. So as soon as you see Rover pictures blacked out, you know whats going on, there will be umpa lumpa's everywhere in space suits.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by atlasastro]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Therefore, the black areas are not "blacked out" of a large picture, but rather small missing pieces of a large "puzzle".

Bing, bing, bing...we have a winner....

Although why look at pics from Clementine, when the SELENE pics are the highest res yet of the moon? ...at least until the US's LRO mission happens...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
if they're trying to hide something, surely they'ld use a better method. the blacked out areas draw attention and get people wondering.
maybe they did it deliberately to make us think that there's come sort of cover up while the real cover up is with the pictures that they haven't released.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Although why look at pics from Clementine, when the SELENE pics are the highest res yet of the moon? ...at least until the US's LRO mission happens...

What ever for? SELENE? LOL what a joke... Please show me a picture of Copernicus, Aristarchus or King Crater taken by SELENE, or by ChangE 1, or by Chandrayaan 1

Well? I am anxiously waiting...

The problem that people don't seem to get is that the old NAVY Clementine sites
V1.5 www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
and
V2.0 www.nrl.navy.mil...
only gave the public low resolution images to work with....

Here is one example of a black square in the Reiner Gamma region (Near side) The first image is from data set V2.0.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/550a6ffadb0d.gif[/atsimg]

This is the infamous "Moon Base found on Marsanommalyresearch

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c00b97385c7.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the same region taken with a 10" scope from London England

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e63166846aba.png[/atsimg]

And here is the same area taken by the same Clementine spacecraft in UV/VIS color (This is 10% of the actual image size
)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5720cea6b3a.jpg[/atsimg]

So why on Earth would I want to look at the crap that SELENE and the other "spacecraft" are showing?

BTW where exactly ARE those three moon ships right now anyway? Any one have any tracking data?

[edit on 10-3-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The surface of the moon looks like a universe alone. Its almost like you could dive right into that picture.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
so.... anyone around having a 14" scope to have a look and tell us if its worth freaking out for the missing parts ?

top topics

join