It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War as a solution to economic depression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I would like to hear opinions from members as to the suggestion that a world war might be the only solution to an increasingly unstable economy .When you think of it, if the stimulus doesn't work, and odds are it won't, what's left?? there is no plan B. Could a world war be Plan B??
History is an excellant teacher that no one seems to listen to. WWII was basically what got us out of that eras' depression. When the natives get restless enough, I think the only thing that will keep them from revolting, is a new world war that will certainly provide jobs. If the government has to pay out the money for jobs creation, it might as well be for something usefull like a bomb or a jet to take it somewhere.
This situation we are in is like nothing before in American history. Decisions are being made that will affect the nation for generations. To me, nothing is out of the question, as far as a solution to this mess.
I certainly hope world war is not one of the solutions, but it's not that far of a stretch to think the people pulling the strings might consider War.
Thoughts anyone???

Mod Edit: Removed all caps from title.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If there is an evil group of people I'm most certain they think this is an option. However, all over this world people are sick of these people not representing their interests. People have indeed awoken from a dream, and what they do about it seems up in the air...The kettle is filled with water and the stove is on...when will it boil, who knows but it isn't far.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The economy is no where near bad enough to justify war yet, employment is still to high and too many people still have houses, war will only come when there are mass riots in the streets and minority groups are being blamed for taking all the jobs and money.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Careful what you wish for:

www.breitbart.com...

This week maybe stirring the pot a bit too much, a much too much.

North Korea are not willing to negotiate. They are apart of the axis of evil after all, if you believe all the Bushy hooey.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
this thread is similar to this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sure, the reason wars stimulte the economy is because of goverment spending. Given that rational, I feel it is much better to just give the people the money to spend and stimulate. Why destroy society when you can that same money to rebuild it. i voted for Obama because I feel he shares that same principal. If McCain was president we would already be at war, in order to divert attention from the issues.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Obama wll have his war to, but he will do it in a way that looks like peace and many will not even question it.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
War is hardly necessary. It wastes resources. It is better to build something that provides an economic return, that is more value than you put into it. Old dinosaurs such as GM cannot do this. New innovative companies such as Taxi2000 (America) www.taxi2000.com/ and MISTER (Poland) www.mist-er.com... can.

If we have a war, it will be because monopolies and oligopolies would rather destroy than get out of the way and let new industries emerge.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
well well, our gnp numbers are low , lets kill 2 million people , 500,000 americans , that'll help

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BSndsMPBlk47

War isn't about winning and losing, it is about changing peoples way of thinking and altering the political landscape.
These people do not care about resources and human life, if they did do you think they would spend so much money on new and improved ways to kill each other?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
War is not the soluton to economic collapse, it is the result of it.

When nations can no longer trade for required resources to sustain their way of life, the must secure those requirements or perish.

Trade may break down because credit is not available to make purchases.

Nations / Corporations may no longer trust one another to pay back debt.

Nations / Corporations may not consider one another to be viable enough to be there to pay back their debts, even if they trust them to pay back if they could.

The source of goods and materials may not be stable enough to maintain production without military interventon.

When these condtions occur then the use of miltary force occurs. This escalates into a global contest for resources, called world war.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
War does not stimulate the economy. It merely reduces the number of people that have share of the finite resources.

Obsidience

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Im sorry but I do not agree at all that war is a solution to economic depression. In fact, I believe that war is no solution to anything.

This is the 21st century. Mankind has been fighting each other for eons and isnt it time that mankind grow up and solve problems productively instead of killing each other over those petty problems and differences?

There is only 1 Earth, and we all live on it. One would think that by now mankind would have learned that lesson after centuries of war and bloodshead.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29edcf75e75f.jpg[/atsimg]

Large Image

Yep, that blue ball there is our home....our ONLY home. We had better learn how to share it equally and grow up out of our childish, petty ways of solving problems.

Or that blue ball might turn into this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3824dcc9b20a.jpg[/atsimg]

..and become a dead world.

I prefer the blue one.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 9-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I would prefer WORLD PEACE as a solution to economic depression. How would you, say, handle a depressed person? By making that person feel worse off? Nope. I say forgive all debt, write-off anything on the books and 'restart' the system anew - almost like using a defibrillator on a dying entity.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The only reason we have a world economic problem is because CREDITORS are holding the system up. They live a life better than 99.9% of us - and if they forgave all the debt - they still would. It is time for them to make sacrifices.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Absolutely Not! That would deplete the numbers of available men! I do not want to live in a time where it is 50 - 1!!!!!!! and where the 1 is mostly boys under the age of 16 or men over the age of 60. Yuck

Unless you send us women in there to sort it out... make it a biotccccch fight

MW31

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
War is not the soluton to economic collapse, it is the result of it.

When nations can no longer trade for required resources to sustain their way of life, the must secure those requirements or perish...

...The source of goods and materials may not be stable enough to maintain production without military interventon.

When these condtions occur then the use of miltary force occurs. This escalates into a global contest for resources, called world war.

Except that it would make more sense to build Orion-type spacecraft and launch them from Earth than to generate the huge amount of fallout that would result from the inevitable nuclear war, or even a few bunker-busters dropped on Iran.

Securing resources from the asteroid belt and energy from the Sun makes more sense.

The Case For Orion by Wayne Smith
www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Oh yeah, the First World War did wonders for the economies. So did the Cold War to to the Eastern economies, and so did the Second to the European economies.

Though, there is a country that shall not be named, that profited from them all...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
History repeats over and over.

War makes money.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
worked in the last two and the powers that be get to consolidate more power while gaining numerical supremacy, sit back and watch their true enemies destroy one another ..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join