It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO is the strongest force - Japan, N Korea or S.Korea?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i agree BLV12, Japan should definatley be allowed to develop, seeing that their neighbours are increasingly hostile.

i would not trust those chinese one bit. if economy continues to suffer, the world will have a crazy beast of a country on their hands.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
i agree BLV12, Japan should definatley be allowed to develop, seeing that their neighbours are increasingly hostile.

i would not trust those chinese one bit. if economy continues to suffer, the world will have a crazy beast of a country on their hands.

That's a silly suggestion. You think the Japanese like Americans? Sure the Chinese and Koreans don't like the Japanese, but the feeling is not entirely mutual. After all, THEY were the aggressors in WWII and it was the U.S. who stopped them and placed the current restraints on them. The Japanese's feelings toward the other Asian nations is much more of a somewhat condescending "big brother" type than pure hatred. It's a whole other story toward the western nations and especially the U.S.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Japan is a totally different country then what it was in WW2.
It is now a western oriented nation, with one of the worlds leading economies.
The last thing they will do is return to the Imperial Japans days of trying to conquer the Pacific.

It's like saying the Germans are resentful for Hitler's defeat or something.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Japan will ally with China against the West. It was predicted in the Bible to happen in the last days. The kings of the east will invade all the way to Israel and get annihilated there.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

more old testament bible thumping nonsense , Israel is no god chosen nation , this is dispensationist christianity crap , this form of christianity is a curse to the planet ,

USa and Israel are the combined whore of babylon

www.samliquidation.com...

[edit on 21-3-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Really? It's no bible I'm familiar with....unless of course, your talking about some new age neo christian evangelical excuse for a relgion to collect peoples money under the guise of spiritual leadership through song and dance and enlightenment.

Of course, as with most things, the Bible is interpreted as one sees fit, even to make money off people desperately searching for something more in life.

Japan and China allying against the West?
You think the Chinese are ready or ever will be to forgive the Japanese for the crimes they committed against them?
Because I don't, and afaik the Chinese aren't in any hurry to forgive.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
japan would never allie with china against the west were the only thing keeping them alive right now. japan and the us are pretty staunch allies

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12

Really? It's no bible I'm familiar with....unless of course, your talking about some new age neo christian evangelical excuse for a relgion to collect peoples money under the guise of spiritual leadership through song and dance and enlightenment.

Of course, as with most things, the Bible is interpreted as one sees fit, even to make money off people desperately searching for something more in life.

Japan and China allying against the West?
You think the Chinese are ready or ever will be to forgive the Japanese for the crimes they committed against them?
Because I don't, and afaik the Chinese aren't in any hurry to forgive.

Then you would be surprised. It is simply not within the Chinese culture to let something as silly as "revenge" get in the way. Heck, it may not even be within human nature to do so. How did the Americans and the British get along say around 1776, and now? Enemies turning into allies and vice versa is common in Chinese history. Even in the past half-century we've seem them become best buddies with the Russians only to turn into mortal enemies and now progressing back toward strategic partners. You think the CCP's massive(and effective) propaganda machines can't change the Chinese people's sentiments quickly?

Things are fluid in politics, and it's a terrible idea to allow any nation, even your staunchest allies, to get too strong. Betrayal may always be just around the corner.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join