It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spending billions on ‘All American Defense Corridor'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Maybe military spending will save the economy?

I have seen the results of new construction on military bases through the heartland of this country during my recent travels. Are they getting ready for a new kind of conflict?

www.charlotteobserver.com...

Bulldozers turn earth and construction cranes hover as the base prepares for the arrival of two Army battalion headquarters in the next 18 months.

Outside the gates, planners in 11 counties hope to turn this influx into an economic windfall, the basis of a huge new industry based on military and homeland-security spending.

More than $1.3billion in new construction is planned or under way on post, including one of the largest building projects in the state now – the $289million, 700,000-square-foot combined headquarters for the U.S. Army Forces Command and the U.S. Army Reserve Command.

Together, the nearly 3,000 soldiers and civilians who will work in the headquarters have $30billion a year to spend on goods and services for soldiers stationed worldwide. Some of that could be spent in North Carolina if the contractors and manufacturers were here.

Homeland security or getting ready for major problems resulting from the bad and worsening economy?

Secession of states possible?

Civil war possible?

Riots, looting possible?

I've seen one air base in Kansas last week while driving through Kansas on I-70. It was apparently under construction when I passed through there last year, before that virtually abandoned. Anyone living near the area now? I encourage you to take drive through there and see for yourself what it looks like now. It has become a brand new HUGE base for what appears to be primarily attack and transport helicopters. I was a little shocked to see how much that place had been transformed in just a year. There are new massive buildings which for now are empty. Seeing is believing. check it out if you can.

Location on google maps:

maps.google.com...

Try switching to the satellite image, they are old images from when it was virtually abandoned, later it was torn down and in a short time rebuilt and is being transformed, equipped now.

The military is necessary, but why all of this seemingly immediate focus on bases inside of the country? What are they really getting ready for?

Getting ready in the heartland.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Some food for thought from an alternative source...

revolutionradio.org...

Will the economic and financial crisis degenerate into violent social explosions? Tomorrow, will there be civil war in Europe, the United States and Japan? That’s the rather alarming conclusion that the experts of European think tank LEAP/Europe 2020 lay out in their latest bulletin dated mid-February.

In that edition, which addresses the issue of the crisis entering a phase of “global geopolitical dislocation” in the third quarter of 2009, the experts foresee a state of “generalized every man for himself” in the countries stricken by the crisis. That panic would then conclude in logical confrontations, in other words, with partial civil wars. “If your country or region is an area where firearms are in mass circulation” (among big countries, only the United States is in that situation) LEAP indicates, “then the best way to deal with the dislocation is to leave your region, if that’s possible.”

From the article:

This apocalyptic perspective could be ridiculed had not this think tank - as of February 2006 - predicted the onset and sequence of the present crisis with disturbing accuracy. So, three years ago, the association described the coming of a “global systemic crisis,” initiated by a global financial infection related to American over-indebtedness, followed by a stock market collapse, specifically in Asia and the United States (of -20 to -50 percent in a year), then the bursting of all the global real estate bubbles in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, and emerging countries. All that would bring about a recession in Europe and a “very Great Depression” in the United States.

Hang on, it could get worse?

See you all in the tent cities and FEMA camps of the future!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well, the "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009" tagged billions of dollars for the repair, maintenance and improvement of government military installations.

Not sure this has anything to do with "civil war" or anything like that, just people taking advantage of that money.

According to Wiki ...

Investment into government facilities and vehicle fleets
Total: $20.7 billion

$4.6 billion for the Army Corps of Engineers for environmental restoration, flood protection, hydropower, and navigation infrastructure projects
$4.5 billion to the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) for energy efficiency and renewable energy.
$4.2 billion to repair and modernize Defense Department facilities.
$4 billion toward the establishment of an Office of Federal High-Performance Green Buildings within the GSA.
$4 billion for the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (wastewater treatment infrastructure improvements)
$4 billion for public housing improvements and energy efficiency (Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
$2 billion for the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (drinking water infrastructure improvements)
$890 million to improve housing for service members
$300 million to acquire electric vehicles for the federal vehicle fleet
$250 million to improve Job Corps training facilities
$240 million for new child development centers
$150 million for the construction of state extended-care facilities
$100 million to improve facilities of the National Guard
$240 million for the maintenance of United States Coast Guard facilities

en.wikipedia.org...

Take your pick!!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

It's about time for us to pull out of all foreign wars and conflicts and focus on rebuilding our military bases inside the USA don't you think?

BTW, good post.

Ah, whats a billion here or there anyway?

Makes sense, the American people perhaps should prepare for survival of a worst case economic collapse, the United states of America should also be prepared for survival as a controlling body and nation among nations.

Damn the people, the economy, save the government, military, THE COUNTRY.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I see railroad tracks close by....that's very convenient

second line

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cdoug1

Rail road, major interstate highway, close proximity to major metropolitan cities. Attack helicopters, transport helicopters, huge empty buildings.

What the heck is/was in all of those big shipping containers scattered and stacked around the base?

Whats REALLY going on in Kansas Toto?

There is more going on in California, next week I am going back there, hopefully I can get some pictures and video this time.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ask not what this country can do for you, ask what they can do to you.

We can't outspend this government, nor can we ever buy back what we've lost.

See you all next week.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am in Kansas.

Step back folks, nothing to see here. Move along now. lol

That's is all part of Ft. Riley. It used to be home of the Big Red 1.

It's all been around a very long time. It is a very large tank and helicopter training ground. When we started gong into the desert all the time, they switched training grounds to reflect that.

I don't think I would see nothing into this, other than to rebuild something that was from the 40's and 50's and still has great use.

The rail system was setup as not to have tanks riding on trucks down the highway system. To big, and a security risk.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Good, someone in the know, you provided more info there than they did on site.

Have you seen the place recently?

If it is for training, then why do they have so much 'live' munitions?

Can you explain all of the new huge empty buildings?

BTW, it ain't just Kansas.

More in a week or so.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Live amo is the point of the training. You cannot train with dummy rounds and be prepared.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This whole running of countries business would be so much easier without all of these pesky, temperamental citizens in the way.

It's nice to know we're the only unpredictable factor in the equation. No matter what THEY do to 'herd' us in the right direction, WE may do something completely different than what's anticipated.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Flagged and starred.

Thanks walkswithfish.

BTW - my first thought was pandemic planning. ...If a pandemic strikes now, its combined effects with the financial crisis will be truly apocalyptic. And all those re-opened bases manned with military personnel will come in mighty handy for quarantine.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Lets not throw a pandemic into the mix please. I believe things are bad enough already. I hope it doesn't get worse, but it appears as if it will. How low will it go?

The US government and military would be foolish to NOT be prepared for any possibility in this crisis. Lets just hope that is all that is going on, and that there is not other secret plans in the works here.

Just normal training, nothing to worry about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Similar stuff has happened in other cities around the country.

Bah, just normal military stuff... Like another poster said in this thread. Nothing to see here move along now.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Somehow that is the answer I expected. However thanks for the effort.

Any chance you could have a go at the other questions I asked you?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Something to leave this thread to die with from a registered investment advisor...

realestateandhousing2.blogspot.com...

Deep VIOLENT Depression - I cannot emphasize this enough . . . and I have already taken heat for using the "V" word. But today I am prepared to kick it up a notch, and urge you to prepare for what is unfolding. Did we think we would have seen the extent of the violence during the Civil War, when we killed each other on our own land? Did we ever think we would have seen the violence that came out of the Depression? Hitler came to power when people lost hope in the government and financial markets. Can it happen again? We said it could never happen then, so now that we are in far worse shape than 1930, why couldn’t something much worse come out of this crisis?

100,000 Protesters - Does the government have any idea how angry people are, how betrayed they feel? It will be years before our economy recovers from the devastation wreaked by bankers. In the meantime, the possibility of something awful happening is very real. We’re one swing of a garda baton, one cracked head, away from chaos. - Gene Kerrigan

This statement could have been written about the United States, England, France, China or just about any country in the world. But for now, it comes straight from The Irish Independent. You didn’t see it on CNN, CNBC or even in any of the American papers. You had better prepare for it, because it will shut down banks, supermarkets and the very fabric of what we are. If you have not built up a food pantry, stored cash and gold, and armed yourself, you might want to consider doing it now.

When investment advisers sound like paranoid ATS members it must be getting really serious.

On the road again....

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Some additional food for thought found in a report from October 2008...

www.cnn.com...

The First Raiders will spend 2009 as the first active-duty military unit attached to the U.S. Northern Command since it was created. They will be based in Fort Stewart, Georgia, and focus primarily on logistics and support for local police and rescue personnel, the Army says.

The plan is drawing skepticism from some observers who are concerned that the unit has been training with equipment generally used in law enforcement, including beanbag bullets, Tasers, spike strips and roadblocks.

"We need a lot more in our toolbox in order to deal with angry people on the street," said Col. Barry Johnson of U.S. Army North.

Use of active-duty military as a domestic police force has been severely limited since passage of the Posse Comitatus Act following the Civil War.

Yep, just training is all that is going on at these NEW or 'rebuilt' bases, nothing to see here indeed.

I'm going to central California tomorrow.

Should I carry weapons or not?

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
When investment advisers sound like paranoid ATS members it must be getting really serious.

That's crossed my mind, also. These guys are all stopping just short of saying: "stock up on ramen noodles, ammunition, and malt liquor -- we're doomed, guys!!!!"

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Stopping short?

Did you read what he wrote here...

You had better prepare for it, because it will shut down banks, supermarkets and the very fabric of what we are. If you have not built up a food pantry, stored cash and gold, and armed yourself, you might want to consider doing it now.

That from a registered investment advisor?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
I've seen one air base in Kansas last week while driving through Kansas on I-70. It was apparently under construction when I passed through there last year, before that virtually abandoned. Anyone living near the area now? I encourage you to take drive through there and see for yourself what it looks like now. It has become a brand new HUGE base for what appears to be primarily attack and transport helicopters. I was a little shocked to see how much that place had been transformed in just a year. There are new massive buildings which for now are empty. Seeing is believing. check it out if you can.

Location on google maps:

maps.google.com...

For anyone who may be interested I passed through this location today and since my last pass there has been a LOT of additional equipment, helicopters, containers and vehicles moved into this site.

One member claims that it is simply a training base, and since it is not hidden from public view that could be the case.... Personally I feel that there are other possible reasons for this build up.... Like I said within just over a year now this place has gone from nearly abandoned to a shockingly well equipped base with major interstate highway and rail access right in the heartland of America.

There is no need for me to post pictures of this place as ANYONE can take the location provided and go have a look at it themselves.... Note the sheer number of helicopters, and the munitions containers and openly viewable munitions near the runway stacked and all around the place. Also look at the ground vehicles now stationed there... The number of medical vehicles, and the water tanker trucks... Which are great for carrying water, and with the high pressure pumps some have could be great for putting out fires.... Or maybe crowd control? Possibly used to spray unruly crowds? .... Again anyone motivated can go see this for themselves and of course make of it what you will.... Probably nothing.

Now I did visit another place which a driver told me that he believes is a FEMA/DHS containment camp... I have been trying to find evidence of these all over the country... And so far have found little proof... This place however needs a closer look, and on a later trip I plan to get closer if possible.

I am not going to reveal the location at this time because I don't want to cause myself or others any more problems/trouble. (It cannot be found on Google maps or Google Earth).

It is within proximity of a base.

From an access road which is public (there was no trespassing involved here) I found something interesting and I assure you this is as close as I could possibly get.

First of all there is an electrified fence which is not currently electrified around the site. Taken from roadside:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f46f8e71fb7d.jpg[/atsimg]

Near the fence are motion detectors. If someone were to make it over that fence and it were electrified then they would surely set off the motion detectors.... Which are placed approximately every 200 feet along the outside of that fence.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38bffc007bcd.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't know what to make of this, but I am curious to find out more... And because of that, and by posting this I'll likely get in trouble eventually.

When or if I do find out more I'll post it here.

I do have other things to do, like my job which is already dangerous and tasking enough.

I'm still on the fence in regards to all of this.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

the airfield you are talking about in Kansas supports Fort. Riley. which is home to the 1st infantry division and all there support units! Fort Riley is not a basic training facility. all the basic training for the Army in this region of the country is done at Fort Leonard Wood Missouri.

I've been on both bases many times as a civilian when i drove a truck over the road hauling in supplies for just about everything on the base. and hauling equipment out. and to be honest Fort Riley is due for some remodeling and expansion so is Fort lost in the woods. (inside joke about Fort Leonard wood)

as for your claim that it has went from

nearly abandoned to a shockingly well equipped base with major interstate highway and rail access right in the heartland of America.

is a little hard to believe. the airfield might have seemed like it wasn't being used because units attached to the 1st ID have been on regular deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.

edit to add: in 1995 the 1st ID's headquarters was transferred to Germany from Fort Riley but, A brigade of the Big Red One remained at the post along with a brigade of the 1st Armored Division and the 937th Engineer Group.

On June 5, 1999, Fort Riley once again became a Division Headquarters with the reactivation of the 24th Infantry Division (Mech).

On August 1, 2006, the 1st Infantry Division returned to Fort Riley and replaced the 24th Infantry Division as the post's garrison formation.

hope that helps.

the fence is NOT electrified. and the sensors that you got pics of are is an infared perimeter intrusion warning system. used when the base is on alert so they know if someone is trying to get on or off base.

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Mercenary2007]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join