It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spending billions on ‘All American Defense Corridor'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

It wasn't being used... Possibly, however just over a year ago there were virtually no aircraft there, no ground equipment, the only equipment there was all construction equipment. Have you seen the site recently?

It is FULL, there is NO room for more helicopters, ground equipment, etc. they are literally stacking stuff up all around the place with more coming in by road rail and air daily.

Maybe this is normal... However does the Military regularly transform and equip bases in country like this with the speed they have in this case?

I've never seen anything like this and I have lived near bases in my life, I was a military brat and as a child spent time on/in and around bases.

Thank you for your personal insight.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
the fence is NOT electrified. and the sensors that you got pics of are is an infared perimeter intrusion warning system. used when the base is on alert so they know if someone is trying to get on or off base.

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Mercenary2007]

You're editing in some interesting stuff into that post.

Can you explain why the barbed wire is facing in?

It implies that they want to keep people in?

BTW, the pics are from another location a rather long distance from the base.

I'm trying to find out more about that site because I have been told some things by someone who has been on the inside which will not be posted here without verifiable proof. Its quite remote and without directions hard to find... From a public access road near that fence is as close as you can get, what lies beyond the fence, overgrown vegetation and ridge is still a mystery.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

i edited my post to give a little time line of when the 1st ID was headquartered at Fort Riley. If the Army moves a division the size of an Infantry Division and all there supporting units to a base and the base needs remodeled to suit that division you will see the change very quickly. they will have the Corp of engineers and civilian crews working 24/7 to get the base ready for the larger unit.

Most of the 1st Id's equipment has been in Iraq that is why the base seemed dead. The 1st ID moved from fort Riley for awhile to Germany and in 2006 they were moved back due to force realignments.

i was up at Fort Riley about 4-5 months ago and yeah i was surprised at all the equipment and new buildings and i know a few people up there and asked around. Basically they are remodeling the base to bring it up to today's standards to meet the needs of the 1st ID. and to meet the requirements of the new force realignment strategy.

the area your talking about is probably close to the underground ordinance storage bunkers. the barbwire faces inward to keep someone in. if this area is close to the storage bunkers the thinking is face the barbwire inwards to keep them inside the perimeter makes it easier to capture them and harder for them to get anything out.

and from your description of the area it sounds like one of the underground storage bunkers. they put several of them together in an area but they are strung all over the base mostly away from the populated areas of the base for security and safety reasons. I have probably been to the area you have pics of just i was on the other side of the ridge.

I don't drive full time but i do still hold the clearance to get to most places on the bases because of some of the loads we haul for them. the last time i was up there was an ordinance load that required 2 drivers for the load so 1 driver could stay with the load at all times to secure it.

So there are some things i can't talk about if i want to keep the little clearance i do have and not violate the non disclosure agreement i signed. but what i've said here won't get me in trouble

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
i have another point i'd like to make. I'm not trying to discredit you or your info could there be something not up to snuff here? could be but ask yourself this,

why move the 1st ID back to Fort Riley when you have the headquarters of the 3rd army At Fort Hood Texas.

Units of the 3rd army are:
1st Cavalry Division
4th Infantry Division
3d Armored Cavalry Regiment
41st Fires Brigade
13th Sustainment Command.
504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade
89th Military Police Brigade

Fort Hood is the largest Army base in the U.S. right now and is the only base that can currently host 2 divisions of troops.

just food for thought

add this the 3rd ID is based at Fort Stewart, GA.

the only infantry division that is not headquartered in the u.s currently is the 2nd ID. they are headquartered in South Korea, but are assigned to Ft. Lewis, WA.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

i was up at Fort Riley about 4-5 months ago and yeah i was surprised at all the equipment and new buildings and i know a few people up there and asked around. Basically they are remodeling the base to bring it up to today's standards to meet the needs of the 1st ID. and to meet the requirements of the new force realignment strategy.

You should see it now. Your explanation is appreciated.

As for the other site, it is not close enough to be an underground facility as you describe.

Interesting, the person who told me about this place is a driver also who had clearance and just happened to deliver items to the site inside of that fence. A brief description... Buildings to house numerous people, guard towers, storage buildings and a large medical facility etc. reportedly under the control and supervision of FEMA and DHS.

Among other things that require further investigation.... The implication is that this site could be used to contain a very large number of people (civilians) and it is currently empty with only security personnel patrolling the place. There is more that I will reserve for now.

Somehow, your replies are what I expected here.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

guess i'll have to try to get on another load.

Is your guy sure its not just new barracks and hospital and equipment storage areas? IS he sure he's not mistaking the Guard towers for fire watch towers or range control towers? they look similar that's why i ask.

each unit in the division will have their own area of the base. and the 1st ID is a heavy division meaning they have M1 abrams tanks, bradly and stykers etc.

If they are truly guard towers and cell blocks the only thing that comes to mind is they are closing GITMO and they were talking about moving the detainees that couldn't be returned to their home countries were going to be moved to Ft. Leavenworth KS. But the Kansas Governor and some military brass didn't like that idea.

So they could be bringing ft. Riley up to date for the 1st ID and building a new "GITMO" for the detainees from GITMO

I doubt FEMA and DHS has anything to do with anything on Ft. Riley, the commanding general would literally have a cow if they had any control of any part of his base.

though I don't know much about the current commanding general. he is a Major general (2 star) and he literally just got command of the 1st ID and ft. Riley

you might know him Major general Vincent Keith Brooks he was Deputy Director of Operations during the War in Iraq. He was on tv a lot giving briefings.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Again, the pictures are of a place quite some distance from Ft. Riley.

The airfield currently is home to a very large number of attack helicopters (black) and transport helicopters. You can take my word for it or have a look for yourself. It is not hidden from public view. I have heard things about this place and frankly don't yet know what to believe.

Most of the other points you have made are good, but also not hidden and are public information. The mission could be entirely normal... However the level of activity there in the short time it has increased seems to express a more serious and urgent nature to these moves... It seems to indicate preparations for a large scale military operation... Who really knows?

If you get in come back and share what you can please.

Having some corroboration here would be far better than my words and pictures alone.

Otherwise we will just have to wait and see what happens or what else can be found.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
nothing out of the ordinary at the airfield one of the units attached to the 1st ID is the "Demon Brigade."

the Demon Brigade is a combat aviation brigade

units within the brigade are:

1st Battalion (Attack), 1st Aviation Regiment with 24 AH-64D Apache Longbow
2nd Battalion (General Support), 1st Aviation Regiment with 8 UH-60L/M Black Hawk, 12 CH-47E/F Chinook and 10 HH-60L/M Pave Hawk
3nd Battalion (Assault), 1st Aviation Regiment with 30 UH-60L/M Black Hawk
1st Squadron, 6th Cavalry Regiment with 24 OH-58 Kiowa
601st Aviation Support Battalion

more than likely these guys have rotated out of Iraq or Afghanistan recently and their equipment has made it home to Fort Riley. and even though they are home and most of their Hunting has been in a desert environment they also train for woodland ops between deployments. North Korea has been talking big a lot here lately.

as for the other area your talking about without a clue to were its at i honestly have no clue. but remember the Fort Riley military reservation covers almost 160 square miles. so just because it isn't "close" to the base doesn't mean it isn't part of the base.

But keep digging you have my curiosity peeked.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join