It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCHIP & Obama - raise taxes on the poor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

who know, maybe the government, society, and the business community will all decide that higher wages is in our interest once all this runs it's course and they eventually figure out that hey, it would be alot more cost effective if we just paid a little more for the products and services and the businesses paid enough for the families to actually afford their products and services instead of having all these middle men, the government and health insurance companies, in the middle stepping in making up the difference.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by mental modulator

who know, maybe the government, society, and the business community will all decide that higher wages is in our interest once all this runs it's course and they eventually figure out that hey, it would be alot more cost effective if we just paid a little more for the products and services and the businesses paid enough for the families to actually afford their products and services instead of having all these middle men, the government and health insurance companies, in the middle stepping in making up the difference.

I like the idea you have here - but it is completely against an entire ideology that represents half the populace.

You used the word WE "we just paid a little more" - we has nothing to do with the conduct of most business - and certainly has less to do with big business. The primary function of business is to grow and expand - by leveraging prices- trimming wages and out competing other businesses - by - leveraging prices - trimming wages...

I think most are inclines to completely ignore the lack of restraint or good will BIG BUSINESS has exercised resulting in this crisis. Kill the government - but what will protect US from the sharks???

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here's what happens when cigarette prices go past $5: poor people switch to rolling tobacco, chewing tobacco, or cheap cigars.

This will make people less healthy, not more healthy.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I don't think I am allowed to post the information because it links to other chat forums ... but some folks are calling for 'GOING GALT ON S-CHIP'. Instead of giving the government your money through unfair 'sin tax' increases .... they are going to quit smoking on Tea Party Day.

Then what will Obama have to tax?

Look out .. those new taxes will be coming to a neighborhood near you really soon.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join