It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Declares Martial Law/Not colaborated with another source

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
By the way, I was just visiting with my GrandMother who has just recently returned from a trip to Mexico...
She says that the violence down there is isolated in certain areas. Juarez and a few other towns... But that you would have to see it to believe how insane it is.

I told her that Geraldo had reported that Martial Law had been declared, but it turns out that it didn't really happen.
She said it is just a matter of time before it does.

Then she told me a bunch of stories about what was happening down there. Unfortunately I don't remember them right now... Other than she watched a man swim across the Rio Grande into the US, grab something and swim back across, put it in his car and drive off... All the while the Mexican Army was watching the man from a Humvee type vehicle with a machine gun mounted.

Weird stuff.
Very upsetting by the way she was talking about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here is someting positive coming out of New York State for once - Albany is planning to repeal the Draconan '70s Drug Laws. If NY State can lead the way, the rest of the continent will have to follow:

www.nytimes.com...

Also, number of arrests of illegal immigrants crossing Mexican-US border is at lowest level since '70s. Looks like the clampdown has been working:

news.xinhuanet.com...

[edit on 8-3-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

[edit on 8-3-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by stander

I would do that if the precendent hadn't already been set that FOX news isn't accountable for the lies they spread.

Someone has already tried that.

Martial law declaration in Mexico would be surely embedded right here:
www.foxnews.com...

But there is nothing there. Fox News never mentioned anything like that in its broadcast. It's just the way people twist and turn the news they see on the tube. *[.........................................................]*. Just don't believe everything you click on around here.

Edit: ** self-censored

[edit on 3/8/2009 by stander]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Are you saying that the author of this thread was lying when s/he created this thread?

Hmmm...

That may make sense. I admit that I didn't watch that entire Geraldo Video, but I did watch quite a bit of it and never heard him mention martial law.

However, the situation down there is very bad right now.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by stander

That may make sense. I admit that I didn't watch that entire Geraldo Video, but I did watch quite a bit of it and never heard him mention martial law.

However, the situation down there is very bad right now.

Yes, the situation is not pretty, but far from what used to go on down in Columbia when Pablo Escobar almost took over the country. When the law enforcement and the army couldn't handle him, a group of vigilante public began shooting all Escobar connections: lawyers, cops, businessmen, army personnel . . . With dwindling support, Escobar lost his power and eventually was killed by CIA designed action executed by the local authorities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join