It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

single and looking on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

to be honest im not looking for a serious relationship just yet. im just curious as to the number of good looking intelligent women there are in the world and judging from the quality of women here on ATS its looking good.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
So are saying you are good looking and worthy of such women timelord?

[edit on 10-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
So are saying you are good looking and worthy of such women timelord?

Well the women in question would have to be the judge of that i would have thought. good looking based on who's standard? and how would one prove his worth? just wondering is all.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Well the women in question would have to be the judge of that i would have thought. good looking based on who's standard? and how would one prove his worth? just wondering is all.

by society's standards. we all pretty much know what you mean when you say "good looking women". When you say you want good looking women specifically, women will want to know if you are a good looking man as well.

People generally know if they're good looking and naturally seek out mates who are comparable in attractiveness.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

well anyway if they want to know they can ask or look for themselves

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

well anyway if they want to know they can ask or look for themselves

I just thought it odd that you are asking for good looking intelligent women to apply yet you're not willing to put yourself on that public check list.
For instance:

ok so im going to make a few suggestions. how about everybody write a small post talking about what their ideal mate would be. if your want to post pics or any other info feel free to do so.

I tried to keep an open mind about what you are doing yet you aren't doing what you propose in the OP. I asked if you're good looking yet you seem to be put off by the question yet asked women to post pictures of themselves. I realise that it was only a suggestion but as an intelligent woman it's not difficult to see the double standard even if it is due to shyness. I'm not trying to be mean just being honest. it would've been alot simpler if you just said "I'm a bit of alright" or something.

I'm from melbourne too btw and concede our culture is very sports orientated so intellectual culture is more the domain of the rich. It's seen as "snobbery" so hiding it is encouraged. Also, many men do not like pretty women being smart either (too threatening) so some women dumb themselves down. Those barbie doll types might be smarter than you.
If you have posted pics of yourself etc. disregard the above.
Good luck with finding "Mrs great".

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

yeah look short answer is that i dont get complaints from the ladies about my looks. the reason im not as forward with posting the pic directly on here is because some people might judge it purely on looks which isnt really a bad thing i just wanted them to get a feel for where i was coming from first. i do have pics of me posted on here in the media section just look up my profile.

the mistake was mine i should have made it clear that my pics were posted in the media section. my mistake.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by TiM3LoRd]

[edit on 10-3-2009 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've got enough paranoia, I don't need my (future) bf/hubby to add to it!!!
lol
But besides that...might be a good idea. Might. But we dont want more jedimillers to come crawling out of the woodwork...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru

But we dont want more jedimillers to come crawling out of the woodwork...

im sorry i dont know what that means? is that some sort of inside joke?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

JediMiller is a banned member. StarWars fan. Really put himself out there (waaay out there) in a thread entitled "win a date with jedimiller". He had entertainment value if nothing else.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

lol i feel like im beating a dead horse by repeating this over and over but im NOT looking for a date or a relationship not now anyway. this was just a way to asses the number of single ladies that fit my criteria as the most potentially suitable partner. As it has been mentioned by another poster yes the female would have to find me desirable too. Thats for her to decide IF and WHEN i meet her.

i just though it was a good idea for all the OTHER singles on here to meet as well. obviously given the nature of some personality types that might prove a bit trepidatious. i have sent off an U2U to Springer but havent received a reply either he is too busy or doesnt consider the idea worthy. perhaps i should have been more elaborate with my subject title. i think some of the confusion might have started when RussianScientists mentioned me finding a good woman here. so again sorry for the confusion.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Best thread ever!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I understand what you're saying. I was just answering the question about Jedi Miller. You're not the first person to suggest this sort of forum/thread, either. Personally, I think the chat rooms kinda serve the same purpose. There's also the members pictures thread. Maybe some techno wizard could reduce that thread to just pictures with members names. It's such a long thread that I think there's a second one. Or upload them to the "my pictures" space so that if there's a poster who strikes your fancy, you could go see their pictures there. (not sure if that's possible?)

The win a date with jedimiller was an hilarious thread. Unfortunately the pictures are burned into my brain forever. Maybe there's a medication for that?

Being of a CT mindset, it's difficult to find "normal" people with whom to relate. I understand the desire for a place to meet like-minded souls.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

is the thread still up? anybody know? sounds like a funny read.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Check the search function. Type in "Win a date with JediMiller". It was a hoot.
In a disturbing sort of way.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
For those of us that live on ATS and BTS a meeting place for like minded people makes good sense.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
ATS as a dating site?

Interesting concept, I don't know about the execution of that concept though.

As many have stated, opposites attract. And a lot of the time it keeps both people in a relationship grounded when their partner doesn't agree with everything they believe in.

I think a conspiracy theorist couple would be a danger to themselves.

One would spot some poor electricians van on the corner. They'd mention the 'suspicious white van' to their partner, who would take a look. That partner would catch the paranoia vibes and send the back two fold, and before you know it they've cut their own phone wires and stomped on their mobiles to make sure the van isn't tapping into their calls. :O

In a balanced relationship, however, one would spot some poor electricians van on the corner. They'd mention the 'suspicious white van' to their partner, who would take a look. Their partner would simply tell them 'it's a damn electricians van! Gosh you are paranoid!' and the situation would be over!

Also, imagine if your state decided to test their Emergency Broadcast System. In a conspiracy theorist couple, this would mean one of 3 things:

1) Certain death within minutes... probably by an inside job targeted directly at their house (that suspicious white van picked up their anti-government sentiment)
2) That it was time to grab the bug out bag, jump in the Volvo and head for Canada... even if you live overseas... has to be Canada.
3) The PTB are conditioning the masses for an impending attack... so they would head for Canada anyway in advance.

Now, in a balanced couple, the CT would panic and start filling boxes with their secret stash of canned food hidden under the floorboards. Apart from getting angry over being kept in the dark about their partners hoarding, the 'normal' partner would call the local media network and find out it was only a drill. (Even though, just like that white van, the CT is getting more and more suspicious that their partner is a disinfo agent... probably NSA).

The above post is completely made up of sarcasm. If you take it seriously it isn't my fault. Go back to watching for those white vans.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

i agree that people need grounding and that opposites attract BUT, the opposition that created the initial attraction will fade. and trust me on this they will get sick of your CT and you will get sick of them thinking that you think too much into things. now as to whether any CT is ACTUALLY thinking too deeply into things or that the NON-CT just isnt thinking into things enough is another debate.

the point is i have dated quite a few women who only put up with my views on things for the sake of the relationship. after 3 years or so of alternative theories on things they will get sick of it. so i have 2 options:

A. Pretend not to notice all the corruption in the world, pretend like i dont see the media brainwashing of our youth to better manage and direct the sheep where the PTB want then to go. and pretend like they really do have our best interests at heart.

or

B. Find a partner who thinks like me and be better prepared for this Brave new world were heading into. because lets cut the crap i dont see a Utopia around the corner thats a just a Bulls#@t story that was created to keep people from rebelling. yeah keep telling them about how great life is going to be juuusst around the corner. almost there you can smell it. they will have you waiting till just before the axe falls on yur neck, and just before you breath yur last they will smile and say thanks for everything we couldn't have done it without you.

sorry for the rant but what do you do.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The above post is completely made up of sarcasm. If you take it seriously it isn't my fault. Go back to watching for those white vans.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

that interest me. then i got to thinking all the women i meet seem to be pretty but not very intellectual. i mean sure they have ideas and hopes and dreams, but for the most part is just the same old rat race

I think a JUDGMENT forum would be much more popular here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join