It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

single and looking on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i have noticed quite a lot of interest in the whole topic of what guys want and what girls want and so forth. i for one came to ATS to find like minded individuals i could have a real debate with over issues that interest me. then i got to thinking all the women i meet seem to be pretty but not very intellectual. i mean sure they have ideas and hopes and dreams, but for the most part is just the same old rat race issues.

imagine my surprise then to find that there are in fact quite a lot of females on ATS that share my thoughts and beliefs. so i got to thinking why not combine 2 things that i love debating (discussing) topics and women.

so here is the idea why dont all the single guys and girls at ATS start a dating thread you can have a picture and bio or whatever type of representation you like. talk about what your looking for likes dislikes what ever you think your looking for in a partner.

im not sure if there is such a thread like this that exists but i thought i would give it a shot anyway.

thoughts? idea's? suggestions?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Hmm interesting.

Not sure if there are any rules about this thou? You never know haha.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

TiM3LoRd I hope you find yourself a good woman here on ATS, there seems to be many great women here on ATS.

I find that most of the women on ATS are intelligent and would be able to carry on great conversations about all kinds of things that most other women wouldn't even think about because they don't look to the future to see what the future will be and to see if they can change it for the betterment for all, like the women on ATS are used to.

Most women that I personally know are only out for the betterment of number one, not for the betterment of all. The women here on ATS have a vast background, and most of them can write really well from what I've seen; and that is very impressive.

I think if you would hook up with one here on ATS that you would indeed be a very happy man, and have someone to share your thoughts on a diversified amount of subjects for the rest of your life; and never get bored, even when you are old and decreped.

I've wrote back and forth with one from here on ATS and to tell you the truth, she is absolutely wonderful. We write to each other about all kinds of things, and it truly amazes me how much she thinks just like me. Even her childhood was similar to mine. As far as I'm concerned, she would be a great catch for any man.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I do find some of the women here attractive, because of their obvious intelligence and interesting thoughts. Also a lot have a great sense of humour. Which some women actually seem to lack!
Men don't say this enough, but an intelligent attractive lady is much more sexy than a dumb or silly attractive girl. Unless of course the silly acting girl is funny, fall in love type of girl and fun to hang around with! It happens! They can really brighten up your day! It's all about personality really.

But still intelligence is a highly attractive thing to have if your a woman! Unless of course the man has issues with that haha.

Anyway I see why somebody would find an ATS lady desirable!

[edit on 7-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Interesting post...

I'm not really looking to hook up with anyone on ATS. I joined because I was generally interested in a lot of the topics discussed on ATS. Like UFO's , conspiracy theories etc etc... which I really don't talk about much with my friends because they are just not interested in it or don't seem to think on my level. Don't get me wrong. My friends are intelligent, but we do have different interests and this isn't one of theirs.

I think making friends on here is cool. Haven't made many yet. I tend to come on and go off at different times, when my interest wanes.

I have found that guys are really surprised actually, when I tell them I'm a sci fi buff and love this stuff. Makes me feel like the odd one out sometimes. But they seem to love it!?!

MW31

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
_Phoenix_, I agree with what you just stated above, 100 percent.

I find women more attractive when they are intelligent and have interesting thoughts, and a sense of humor does go a long ways and most women today lack the sense of humor.

I myself am attacted to intelligent women far more than dumb or silly women unless of course they are really funny, because they do tend to brighten up your whole life; and it really is a wonderful part of their personallity.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by misswanderer31

Misswanderer31 you are just what we have been discussing. You come onto this thread with a beautiful avatar (which actually is big plus) and then you show us that you are very intelligent by the way that you write, and that you like stuff that guys here on ATS like.

I'm sure that you would be able to find all kinds of suitors here on ATS if you just gave them a chance; maybe the OP might stand a chance, who knows? Let's face it the guys here on ATS are usually intelligent, sometimes radical (but in a good way), and well informed on all types of different subjects that are very interesting.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Привет RussianScientists, Как дела ?

You have such kind words for the women here on ATS and women in general.

I'm guessing by your name here on ATS that you are Russian? I started learning russian a few years ago but put it on hold for a while, so I only know the very basic's.

Yes, it would be fun to make friends on here... we shall see.

спасибо

MW31

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by misswanderer31

Misswanderer31, I'm not Russian, but I'm a damn good scientist, possibly one of the greatest of this century and the last century because of my revolutionary discoveries. I intend to shock the entire world with my scientific knowledge in about 2-3 months, it will be scientific knowledge that others don't have and they won't possibly believe any of it until they see it all for themselves; which in this case won't be hard to show and tell.

I chose the ATS name "RussianScientists" simply because I was very sure no one had that name; and I was right. My sister-in-law who is pure Russian used to be a UN interpreter; she still interprets and teaches Russian, but here in the USA.

Women are GREAT in my book, they are just like AIR; I can't live without them.

I really enjoy intelligent women, especially ones that like to talk all the time about different things. Womens voices are unbelieveable. It seems like every woman has a completely different voice and with the different voices come different wording and topics.

What is even crazier is the fact that I like women to read to me, so that I can hear their voice as they read to me. I can tell that they are very intelligent in the way that they read outloud, and that is what I like. Most women think that I must be joking when I ask them to read to me, but when they do read to me, I find out much about them during the reading.

I really like to see how women write, and you write excellently. Your writing and what you have written is the kind of writing that especially attracts men. If a woman can't write, or takes short cuts in writing out words it becomes very distracting, and it's time to terminate the relationship. I like women that can write out completed English words.

I don't read Russian, but I know there are some on here that do speak and write in Russian, and if they just happen so see what you have written, then maybe, just maybe there will be a lifelong connection.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

RussianScientists: You surprise me! Most men I know want attractive bimbo's by their side/arm candy. Not intelligent conversationalists. I would think they would get bored after 5 minutes. Though I guess they are not there for the conversation, right? 'rolls eyes'

I enjoy intelligent conversation too, but that doesn't mean they have to know everything. It's also fun to research and learn different things. Expand the mind, so to speak.

I like motivated men who have a goal and go for it. A lot of guys I know have no passion. Meaning, they have no desire to fufill their potential talents, whatever they may be. It is difficult to find or meet people with drive. They are usually workaholic's anyway. Which can be a good and bad thing. Balance is the key, I guess.

It is great that you have confidence in yourself and your work. Please say that you have found an alternative to petrol or even yet, invented a new form of transport that is eco friendly and cheep to run!
Our planet so desparately needs it!

It will be interesting to see how this thread progresses.

MW31

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

For me the whole appeal of ATS is that you can openly chat and comment on issues to completely unknown people.It is a bit like a free session with a shrink where confidentiality is assured.In my experience the more you get involved with people the more restrictive it becomes.You may become less honest and open on replies to threads in case you upset or don't impress the person you're into.

A good example of this is I did a thread on suffering from Psoriasis and if I was being chatted up on ATS the last thing I would want to admit to the world would be scabby elbows due to that skin condition so as a result I would'nt have received the support I got.As a result it's cleared up.Good saying "never mix business with pleasure" ATS is business and the pleasure is to be had in the real world not in the fantasy of cyberspace.Hey just my opinion, if you find true love on here good luck to you xxx

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
ok guys first of all dont get me wrong here. im not looking for a serious relationship per say. im just curious for the sake of probability to see what my chances are of meeting a female with the same interests as me. be it in cyberspace or any other dimension. the fact that its hard to find a woman on my intellectual lever must say something for the girls i hang around with or the types of girls where i live. most of them i must admit not all are superficial and completely ignorant. i need woman who is open minded smart funny intelligent and most of all curious of the world. i just naturally assumed that considering my interests that it would be interesting to see what kind of dynamic i would have with a woman on my level.

when i try to discuss some of the subjects that i talk about in here with my female friends they sorta glaze over. they must put up with it for the sake of it but i can tell there not quite into it as i am. so they find me a unique character. but they never truly understand where im coming from.

so long story short i want to know if im wasting my time looking for a good looking intelligent woman with an open mind and open heart.

also im sure there are other guys out there who would love to meet women more on their level that the superficial Barbi doll types. there fun to look at and play with but there is no substance there. IMO

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Misswanderer31, I think some men and women are "forced" upon their lifetime endevours because they realize that it's a worthy cause to look into, and... if something wonderful happens that causes sparks to start flying in that endevour, then one can bow down and become consumed by that great endevour, or one can simply walk away from a great endevour and regret it the rest of their lifetime.

Balance as you suggest is truly needed in all processes; even the process of developing a relationship or an ever lasting love. Intelligent conversation is also what usually gives spark to some great idea or invention.

I came here to ATS simply for that reason, to have intelligent conversations about different things that I'm interested in; fully knowing that in these conversations I might get a spark from someone writing something down; and of course it has happened quite a few times. Sometimes I'm really shocked at how intelligent MOST of these people are, because there are quite a few that really shine brightly in different areas of knowledge.

You shock and surprise me with what you write, because its like you are already in my head sensing some sort of similar shockwave to return its signal in a positive fashion to mesh with your brainwave patterns; or you would not have written what you wrote.

Romance is fun in a relationship. All surprises, big and small, are wonderful reminders and confidence builders and sustainers in all worthy relationships. The suprise one gives another comes from their heart, and even the smallest of surprises should not go unnoticed or unrewarded by at least a big hug and kiss.

Women love romance, and I think many guys like romance also. I think guys love to play back and forth for a while, like a cat and mouse game; lovingly chasing and lovingly being chased.

I think a lot of guys are romantics but they have never gotten to play the role because of the Macho attitude they are supposed to portray. They don't want to let down their guard in fear that they will expose themselves to ridicule from other supposed macho men; possibly a bad trait passed on by watching their father with his robot sentimentality in the love department.

I think if men just let themselves go and forgot about all of the BS macho stuff, then they would find an eternal loving and caring woman; much like the OP seems to be searching for. I think he is opening up an area that will be widely accepted by all men and women on ATS.

As to romance, what I really like that I haven't found in quite a while is to take a loved one out to dinner and have a guitar player wandering around the diner singing love tunes to the couples while they dine. I like that, especially if the singer is all dressed up in some fancy costume and they prove that they are a really good singer while they play the guitar. I also like to hear women with a beautiful voice sing a love song up on stage while they are wearing some beautiful evening gown.

A good woman is just plain fun to be around, and if the topics covered are vast and open to comments thats great. I'm not particular to women with closed minds, I like women with open minds, ready to check into any topic no matter how far fetched it may seem.

Most relationships suddenly end when the conversation between two people diminish because they have either said all that they intend to say, or they simply don't have anything in common that is interesting enough to get a positive reply.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There are certainly many interesting and beautiful women on this site (I can't mention who, or I'll get embarrassed).. Sufficed to say, check ATS media and the personal pics threads.

However, I have an opinion on this.....

Freaks like us (overthinkers, conspiracy theorists, etc.) need to stick with the normal people in our lives. It keeps us from going entirely off the deep end.

If I were with a girl who thought like I do about aliens, mind-expansion, etc, I'd probably be locked up within a year. The fact that people roll their eyes at me keeps me from adopting the really crazy stuff.

The ladies on here are lovely.. But women will be women.. dangerous.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

TiM3Lord, I think it might be a good idea to get in there and tell them how old you are, because I think that is the main thing that will start off the relationship that you are hopefully going to bring about.

I think that you should tell them where you live also, because that may be a factor for some, and you might want to include your race, and probably any possible reglious preference if any.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'll put on a wig and be your girl! mmmmm

Race: Golacktoid
Home: Alpha Planet 165BGS

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

SantaClaus, have confidence in yourself and your personal beliefs. You are an intelligent person and you already know how to control yourself, so why do you worry that you might go over the deep end?

The women on here are intelligent and beautiful and I don't believe for a minute that they would go over the deep end, that is if you chose wisely, and I'm very positive that you can easily do that.

Trust more in yourself, don't be afraid to test the water to see if you could be very happy with someone that enjoys you for your mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

LMAO!!! You’re hilarious!

You go…go…go

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Don't take what I say too seriously. Falling for someone is just that. I haven't limited my view on women, I just so happen to have ended up with one who thinks my conspiracy theories are nutso.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

you make a fair point but i dont come here for business i come here for pleasure. the varied topics covered at ATS and BTS are my little pleasures. for as long as i can remember i have been looking for people like me, same mindset. im 31 almost 32 and for the most part i have not met many intelligent open minded women who have an interest in sci fi or anything supernatural alien or conspiratorial.

so i dont consider finding a partner at ATS counter productive to what i need if anything i think having somebody who shares your beliefs and ideals the perfect partner. they say behind every great man is a great woman..... well im looking for my Mrs Great.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join