It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Learhoag

yup, i agree with you on the "belief in god" fantasy. i was baptised in a episcople church and went to sunday school many years ago. but as george carlin said " i reached the age of reason and came to my senses

nice talking to you learhoag, take care of yourself, i'll be watching for your posts.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
This is historic news for those of us researchers and investigators hog tied by lack of funds. Now we have the economic power to show evidence and scientific proof!

MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer

March 6, 1:50 AM

Billionaire real estate investor and entrepreneur Robert Bigelow of Las Vegas, Nevada is now betting his bucks on MUFON to find valuable new knowledge about alien propulsion systems. Bigelow who has long been known to give millions of dollars to fund serious UFO research has just concluded a deal with MUFON to furnish rapid response teams of Field Investigators to be deployed within 24 hours to the scene of a major UFO event, the kind designated as Category 2 or 3 in the classification system devised by legendary UFO researcher Jacques Vallee. These are the rarer cases where either physical traces are left or physiological effects are caused in the witness. Bigelow has hired 50 top-flight scientists to assist MUFON in this endeavor to function as consultants and to do expensive lab analysis of alien materials gathered at the location of a UFO event. Bigelow, who never does anything on a small scale, a few years ago founded BAASS (Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies) with the incredibly ambitious goal of putting a commercial hotel up in orbit around the earth. He thinks that even one category 2 or 3 case if properly investigated can yield significant scientific paydirt. Whatever high-tech equipment needed by the investigators on the scene will be drop-shipped to them overnight by BAASS. These high-profile cases will be investigated using the strictest methods of scientific protocol. This is a new day for MUFON which from its inception has been a volunteer organization. Now its Field Investigators will be paid to do their work. Bigelow who has been known to keep his findings on the UFO subject secret has agreed per his contract with MUFON to hold nothing back from this organization that is revealed in the BAASS lab analysis of materials supplied by MUFON. This project which just launched on March 1st is code named SIP (for Star Impact Project) . It is a pilot experiment and will be reviewed on June 30th to see if it has proven successful enough to warrant funding for the rest of the year. Understandably there is a lot of excitement at MUFON Headquarters and among its membership. MUFON's stated mission is the scientific study of the UFO phenomenon for the benefit of mankind. Now with this major infusion of funds from Bigelow, it will be able to carry out this mission more efficiently and skillfully than ever before. And Bigelow possibly will get what he wants to forward his goal. How this will all work out is hard to guess. This is something that has never been tried before. They are moving into unchartered territory here. In any case, Bigelow's investing so heavily in MUFON's ability to make SIP a successful search and find operation for greater knowledge about alien technology is some extremely good PR for MUFON, and it sure will gain greater credibility in the eyes of the general public as a result.

ZG

[edit on 3/7/2009 by ZeroGhost]

Question, why do we need funds for this? Wouldent you think some thing of this magnitude would be priceless? It could be our future we are looking at and i dont see the reason for funs. Just my oponion but i guess i need to come back to the real world. This is a very nice find by the way.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
He probably wants to turn 'MUFON in to something like the MJ12 and buy expensive black vans and weaponry so the team can shoot down to crash sites before the government gets there ?

The MIB have their work cut out for them

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Cheers for a very intriguing find
S&F!
It's nice to know that some serious & dedicated field researchers
are actually going to earn money doing what they do best

Nevertheless, like someone said before above, I do hope this will
not end up as a purely commercial endeavour (or worst, just a fleeting charade of a millionaire's eccentricity).

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Bare with me on this... I'll try to work through some thoughts.

This is interesting for a number of reasons but...

Rob Bigelow is no fool and has committed some VERY SERIOUS resources into space and ufology so the questions I would deem to be most appropriate are 'Why Now?' and 'What for?'

(Putting your own satellites in orbit is no joke)

After all, he's been a rather wealthy man for a long time and from the NIDS project we see he has more or less given up on attempting to pin down solid scientific evidence.

OK...As far as we know he has at any rate... a lot of it is still under NDA. Vallée and even Kelleher and Knapp (who were both guest's here on the ATS Mix for god's sake )says they won't talk about it until Rob lifts the confidentiality clause.

External Vallée Interview Here: BOA Finale

ATS Mix Kelleher: Part 1 and Part 2

ATS Mix Knapp: Listen here

(Anyone who's read Hunt for the Skinwalker will know what I mean and will have noticed that even basic investigative methodologies are omitted and the actual results from all of the supposed recording systems and observations are missing...so...)

Why now?
What's the point?
Why would he bother?

We can already tell this guy is not playing a game.

O.k...

Since we don't know we shall leave those questions aside for a moment and look at who he's giving the cash too.

MUFON.

MUFON Faq
Founded in 1969, the Mutual UFO Network, Inc. (MUFON) is a nonprofit corporation dedicated, through its volunteers, to resolving the scientific enigma known collectively as unidentified flying objects (UFOs).

And...

Does MUFON operate overseas?

Indeed we do! Apart from our chapters in the provinces of Canada and the states of Mexico and Australia, in alphabetical order MUFON has representatives in: Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Chile, China, Cyprus, Finland, France, Great Britain, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, and Zimbabwe.

OK. Soo....What is mufon?

Bluntly, MUFON is a reporting system. It is a very widely spread reporting system with representation just about everywhere.

What MUFON are not are professional investigators.

NIDS were professional scientists and investigators with access to a hell of a lot of hardware**.

MUFON are for want of a better term unsupported, unpaid civvies working with whatever they can find in their moms basements.

Their strength is not in their investigations, it's in the reporting capability brought about by their geographic diversity.

Bigelow's proposal is to turn a select group of them into professionals or at least semi-competent investigators with some shiny kit and training and turn them into a pseudo reliable response team that he can rely on..

Gtex23's source article in the Nashville UFO Examiner
MUFON's agreement with Bigelow is to train and qualify a special rapid response team of Field Investigators who can be deployed within 24 hours to the scene of a major UFO event, the kind designated as Category 2 or 3 in the classification system devised by legendary UFO researcher Jacques Vallee.

But...

This leads me to believe that he's not relying on them for his payback.

(Same Source).

Bigelow has hired 50 top-flight scientists to assist MUFON in this endeavour who will function as consultants and do expensive lab analysis of alien materials gathered at the location of a UFO event.

So, MUFON will be doing the basic field work and Bigelow's own guys will be doing the interpretation. (Which you can bet your ass will be non-disclosured to hell and back).

Ahhh...

It's obvious when you think about it really.

Bigelow is doing what he has always done.

He is gambling, he's still playing his own game and he hasn't given up. He's just escalated it.

Beck to the question.. Why Now?.

That's easy too, look at the news.

There are reports everywhere. This, I suspect is technically what you would call a flap. A global one.

Bigelow is going to use the MUFON network to give himself a leg-up on the competition so to speak.

His competition in this case being every space agency on earth.

He's after the propulsion system of conventional UFO's and he's prepared to spend millions to get it.
(unlike our own glorious leaders)

NIDS didn't work because the phenomena in question was 'too strange' and 'too select'. There was no technology to exploit.

The investigation was wrong. It was like a bunch of wireless curios going up against the NSA and the NSA decided to play games.

It's a diversification strategy.

If everyone is backed up by a professional in time even the NSA will make a mistake.

He'll get his result and he'll win the game.

Even if he loses he still wins since the information reported by MUFON is invaluable to a data miner.

It simply makes the prediction easier and the target clearer for the next attempt.

If I'm accurate to any degree I have to admire his ambition and his big brass nuts.

Damn there you go, a bit longer than i suspected, still theory given... Gut it folks.

Absence.

(** I have different thoughts on this, but that's for another time since from what I can gather they weren't very good either and I sure as hell wouldn't have taken their approach but if you are after something you could replicate they're the best of a bad bunch)

P.s.
My apologies for the formatting, it probably sucks. (edit.. Oh, and the typos)

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Absence of Self]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

Excellent post
You raise many interesting points and I'll need to read it twice to digest them all.

Bigelow has hired 50 top-flight scientists to assist MUFON in this endeavour who will function as consultants and do expensive lab analysis of alien materials gathered at the location of a UFO event.

I think this would be the crown jewel reward for Bigelow, potential access to ET technology. A new alloy or indications of advanced processing would be imperative for his business interests. I doubt he's fixing his hopes on such a discovery, but it must be a consideration somewhere in the process of this offer. It's a pity that he seems to be offering a 6 month trial period. I mean, how much happens in an average 6 months?! The major known UFO incidents aren't usually even annual and can be a couple of years apart.

As you illustrate, it's certainly complicated. His profile will be raised and generate publicity for his business. The profile of MUFON (indirectly Ufology) will be raised and gain further credibility. If however, after 6 months he pulls the plug it will further damage the credibility of Ufology. "They had millions of dollars at their disposal and still couldn't get one clear video or photo of a UFO! It's all BS and tin foil hats
" It's fair to say that some people will say it.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yeah, You'll notice that in combination with the scope of mufon's operations and the premise that he's working under the operation isn't what you'd call 'small'.

A global area of operation with a 24 hour response time and the idea of Air-Dropping the hardware needed from within the scope of a privately owned company that can put satellites in orbit?

Damn.

Wish I could do that.

~

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't understand how a man of such extensive background as Mr. LearHoag could possibly say that there is no evidence that the Military has any idea what these things are...

From where I sit it appears that Roswell at the very least is evidenced pretty well. We know that something came down and was shipped to Dayton Ohio.
Wright Patterson is home to the military's reverse engineering lab.

Five years later, 1952, Project Silverbug. It is the prototypical "Flying Saucer"... We know they began work on it (at Wright Patterson, btw), but haven't heard anything else about it.
Analysts say the thing should have been capable of vertical take-off and landing and that it possibly could have attained speeds in the several thousands MPH range.

This is damning evidence IMHO.

I think this dude knows that the Gov. is about to open up and he is hedging his bets that the largest UFO investigation unit in the world is going to become very popular... Ergo, he'll make money and possibly gain insights that will help him with his Hotel Venture.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow Bob Bigelow is a living Legend in my books.
Bob Bigelow

Bigelow Aerospace is dedicated to developing next-generation crewed space complexes to revolutionize space commerce and open up the final frontier to all of humanity. At Bigelow Aerospace, we're building the future today!

Bob Bigelow has two Satellites up :Genesis I and Genesis II he is developing orbiting Hotels really.A few years ago he had an open offer of 50Million Dollars to any team that could orbit the earth twice and land.
I can't find his page so the offer may not stand now,this is quote from my web site:

www.bigelowaerospace.com...
Reward $50,000,000: Wanted Spacecraft to complete two missions with five crew members before January 10 2010 Reward $50,000,000

MUFON would be a great Network for him to keep onto current sightings etc.... for a quick retrieval and pull that power system out of a UFO to be used for space flight.

He owns the patent for NASA's first erectable/collapseable Space station.

Zelong.

[edit on 8/3/09 by Zelong]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I guess it was odd that I chose to use Roswell as an example... Here ya' go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just hit the boards. Apparently this 90 year old ex-firefighter was on the scene and witnessed the UFO. "Believer pap"... The one liner insult aside, the witnesses keep coming forward. And as I said in that thread, people have been convicted of murder for less.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's very simply explained, as follows: you are a believer, I'm not. I'm not impressed except by evidence. None has been offered. You don't require it and are easily impressed. I do and I'm not.

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

I guess it was odd that I chose to use Roswell as an example... Here ya' go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just hit the boards. Apparently this 90 year old ex-firefighter was on the scene and witnessed the UFO. "Believer pap"... The one liner insult aside, the witnesses keep coming forward. And as I said in that thread, people have been convicted of murder for less.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Besides Cancer research and helping the homeless, I`d say this is some of the best well spent money I`ve ever seen.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
LearHoag,

Actually, you overlook evidence. For what reason, I cannot conclude.

The Army admitted they captured a saucer.
This is collaborated by numerous eyewitness accounts.

Case closed. At least from where I stand.

PS - We'll just have to see where it leads, if anywhere.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join