It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is historic news for those of us researchers and investigators hog tied by lack of funds. Now we have the economic power to show evidence and scientific proof!

MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer

March 6, 1:50 AM

Billionaire real estate investor and entrepreneur Robert Bigelow of Las Vegas, Nevada is now betting his bucks on MUFON to find valuable new knowledge about alien propulsion systems. Bigelow who has long been known to give millions of dollars to fund serious UFO research has just concluded a deal with MUFON to furnish rapid response teams of Field Investigators to be deployed within 24 hours to the scene of a major UFO event, the kind designated as Category 2 or 3 in the classification system devised by legendary UFO researcher Jacques Vallee. These are the rarer cases where either physical traces are left or physiological effects are caused in the witness. Bigelow has hired 50 top-flight scientists to assist MUFON in this endeavor to function as consultants and to do expensive lab analysis of alien materials gathered at the location of a UFO event. Bigelow, who never does anything on a small scale, a few years ago founded BAASS (Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies) with the incredibly ambitious goal of putting a commercial hotel up in orbit around the earth. He thinks that even one category 2 or 3 case if properly investigated can yield significant scientific paydirt. Whatever high-tech equipment needed by the investigators on the scene will be drop-shipped to them overnight by BAASS. These high-profile cases will be investigated using the strictest methods of scientific protocol. This is a new day for MUFON which from its inception has been a volunteer organization. Now its Field Investigators will be paid to do their work. Bigelow who has been known to keep his findings on the UFO subject secret has agreed per his contract with MUFON to hold nothing back from this organization that is revealed in the BAASS lab analysis of materials supplied by MUFON. This project which just launched on March 1st is code named SIP (for Star Impact Project) . It is a pilot experiment and will be reviewed on June 30th to see if it has proven successful enough to warrant funding for the rest of the year. Understandably there is a lot of excitement at MUFON Headquarters and among its membership. MUFON's stated mission is the scientific study of the UFO phenomenon for the benefit of mankind. Now with this major infusion of funds from Bigelow, it will be able to carry out this mission more efficiently and skillfully than ever before. And Bigelow possibly will get what he wants to forward his goal. How this will all work out is hard to guess. This is something that has never been tried before. They are moving into unchartered territory here. In any case, Bigelow's investing so heavily in MUFON's ability to make SIP a successful search and find operation for greater knowledge about alien technology is some extremely good PR for MUFON, and it sure will gain greater credibility in the eyes of the general public as a result.

ZG

[edit on 3/7/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I am glad to see this! Good new's , and maybe we can get to the bottom of this now that they have some funds to get things done.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Where did you find this Great News, Got a link?

I am very pleased to see that there are people of wealth willing to stick out their neck for the advancement of investigative research in the UFO phenomena.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I found a link located here:

MUFON To Recieve Major Funding

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gtex23

Thanks, you beat me to it.

I had a heads up a couple weeks ago and could not wait to see it get out.

Our dear friend Angelia Joiner had it here: Link to AJ News

ZG

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
the only negative to this could be

hopefully they don't lie or embelish finding to procure extended funding to keep ther project on track

i think mufon is above this,,, however ,,,when more money depends on findings,,,,i think that can cause some funky things to occur

so,,, we shall see

however in any event this is awersome

i think that may have always been the gov't,shadow gov't's trump card,,,that no one had the money, funding to seriously attack or prove ufo theories,,,or long term,,,highly scientific investigation

they felt safe,,, however now they may be scared sh-tless

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
From above link:

Bigelow who has been known to keep his findings on the UFO subject secret has agreed per his contract with MUFON to hold nothing back from this organization that is revealed in the BAASS lab analysis of materials supplied by MUFON.

Let's hope this is legit...

Agendas seem to change when monetary and logistical stresses arise...hopefully his resources prevents any of that.

Good find...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wow, this is big and wonderful news. If I could give 20,000 stars for this thread I would.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
sounds awesome, so who is this guy??

is he a big name over there?

what can we expect?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

WOW interesting find, Flag & Star.

Just an additional comment, Doctor Valle was the author of the classification (2nd, 3er kind, etc). But in his las couple of books his approach is a little different, the classification remains the same, but he thinks of these encounters as a "kind of control system" and not precisely extraterrestrial alien life forms, but "something" beyond our comprehension (for now) that has been here forever.

Saludos

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Didn't Bigelow have something to do with NIDS?

I think he did - think Skinwalker Ranch

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"Billionaire real estate investor and entrepreneur Robert Bigelow of Las Vegas, Nevada is now betting his bucks on MUFON to find valuable new knowledge about alien propulsion systems."

It sounds like he's hoping for a big return on his investment by getting advance propulsion ideas first hand to further his space hotel idea.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066
"Billionaire real estate investor and entrepreneur Robert Bigelow of Las Vegas, Nevada is now betting his bucks on MUFON to find valuable new knowledge about alien propulsion systems."

It sounds like he's hoping for a big return on his investment by getting advance propulsion ideas first hand to further his space hotel idea.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by geo1066]

Damn sure, wouldn't you? - At leasdt he declared the results to be open to the public, pretty nifty.

I think the research area needs more funding. even *if* ufo's didn't excist, people thinking outside the box, and try to innovate in the energy and propulsion area is a good thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is just spitball on my point, so don't be too critical. I think the UFOsters do have magnetic zero point energy.

How this would create lift, is beyond me. It's not too difficult to see that it could generate a good deal of energy.

Just my two cents worth.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Didn't Bigelow have something to do with NIDS?

I just spoke to my MUFON state director a little bit ago on the phone and he said Bigelow did create NIDS and was supposed to share that info with MUFON at a previous point in time when MUFON had dealings with Bigelow. So, he said he's not holding his breath about this new agreement with Bigelow.

I guess only time will tell. To me personally, it sounds promising.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is excellent news for the UFO community.
I don't think that billionaire investor types just throw this type of money around unless they are fairly confident they can procure a return of investment.
If there is any merit to the MUFON mission statement, this is the best thing that could have happened.
With that much money being thrown at the endeavor, it will be harder for the Government to keep a lid on it. Provided everything I personally believe about the phenomenon is true. And as the article goes on to state, once the word gets out, it is going to cause people to turn their heads a bit.

"What, someone just threw 100 mill (or whatever the number is) into UFO research?"
It'll make people think twice.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
In my opinion, a major waste of money! MUFON is a joke. What do MUFONers do? They accumulate data and make themselves look important. In the meantime, nothing they get involved in or with results in any real useful knowledge. The last thing that any MUFON effort is going to achieve is what Bigelow expects. No one in MUFON will achieve anything worth bothering with.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Learhoag]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
LearHoag,

Of course you are entitled to your opinions.
However, if I were a betting man, I would side with the billionaire.
There is a reason why he got that way.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Learhoag
In my opinion, a major waste of money! MUFON is a joke. What do MUFONers do? The accumulate data and make themselves look important. In the meantime, nothing they get involved in or with results in any real useful knowledge. The last thing that any MUFON effort is going to achieve is what Bigelow expects. No one in MUFON will achieve anything worth bothering with.

I would very much appreciate specific constructive criticisms. You need to be more detailed. We can't change Mufon without good suggestions. Can you tell us why your opinion is such?

One of the very practical reasons Bigelo is doing this is that he is smart. He wants the same information our military would. For materials and energy research and more. One item could revolutionize the technologies he needs to develop. In stead of weaponizing or hardening offensive technology he is putting it into the public world, not dark secret bases. Allow him to make a profit and then license to industry. Progressive capitalism!

Instead of re-inventing the wheel he knows that Mufon F.Is. are already trained and deployed all over the world. He provides incentives, scientific resources and people. Cool idea.

Love to here why you have issues with this.

ZG

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Maybe this guy's money will help to find out what useful substance there is to what is in the space of space-and if it can be safely condensed and used like a water jet would be used.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join