It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let them tell you that "The Theory of Evolution" is a fact.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.

Originally posted by Screed

Let's start with some science so Evolutionists can't say anything about how I'm a crazy Creationist.

The science part is easy. You don't address it for a reason.

But let's start where your challenge to the scientific community does.

You have an Alien avatar and post on AboveTopSecret.

I just won the debate.

I LOL'd at this post.

Anyway, I did use Science.

I used Scientific Definitions for words. It will work with their non scientific definitions as well though.

Cheers.

This is a thread about a definition of a word. I now wonder why i am still posting...

I post because I am confused about the motives of the rest of the posters who seem to be arguing about something else.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I am tired of hearing this: Evolutionist, "The Theory of Evolution is a fact".

That's all. No more or less.

Cheers.

And I'm tired of asstards like Bill and Mark giving cavemen like you a voice just so they can sell titty ads.

Cheers.

That was the most honest thing you read on ATS this year.

So you advocate censorship? Nice.

Especially since I'm stating very clearly that my thread has nothing to do with ANY belief. What did I do to offend you?

It has to do with people calling The Theory of Evolution a fact. Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
To the OP didn't you already give a lengthy argument on this in the other evolution thread? I don't see the need for another thread... And your proof is not proof at all to be honest. Linking a few definitions from wiki is not proving anything.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by TV_Nation]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
To B.A.C.

You dont quit do you.. do you not want to understand? How many times do i have to tell you:

Evolution, when it is defined as "populations of living organisms change over time." Evolution so-defined is an unquestionable FACT.

Natural selection: THEORY to explain the mechanics of evolution
OK?

The "evolution is just a theory" line makes it sound like you're not interested in studying or discussing the evidence. The best way to express dissent from evolution is to actually discuss its failure to explain the scientific evidence.

Do you think that "evolution is just a guess so I don't have to believe it if I don't want to"? You should be able to provide reasons why you're a skeptic beyond stating "it's just a theory"

Biologists consider the existence of biological evolution to be a fact. It can be demonstrated today and the historical evidence for its occurrence in the past is overwhelming

However, biologists readily admit that they are less certain of the exact mechanism of evolution; there are several THEORIES of the mechanism of evolution. We are constantly learning new and important facts about evolutionary mechanisms

OK? Dont tell me you still dont understand.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Daniem]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

Dear OP

Einstein had a theory, so Newton. No facts ? i read on a T-Shirt "WE GOT THE FOSSILS; WE WIN"

To me is weird that even now we can argue against Mr Darwin (On his 200th anniversary). Does it has holes ? I do not think so, there are some "holes" that we can not explain right know, but we're on the way.

Interesting post OP, this is my humble opinion

Saludos

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

Whatever tickles your fancy there man. Dance around your own confusion enough, pretty soon you will get lost in your own created abyss.

Hope that clears it up for you...but I doubt it.

Typical troll thread.

Wasted thread space.

Cheers!!!!

btw..copying someone's post exit displays lack of creationalism and originality.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by B.A.C.

i had my doubts as to how many fish you'd catch with that bait.
But damn, it looks like you have your choice of which fish is for dinner.

On THIS site? Any jerk with a webcam will apparently do.

Be careful removing that hook. It aint all bait Mo'Town.

HA!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Typical troll thread.

Agreed, but...

Wasted thread space.

As opposed to WHAT?

Got a link to the smart stuff? It aint in refresh.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Heck no! My belief that everyone from Canada should be spayed (which I base totally on your posts in this thread) should not be subject to censorship.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Good Answer DANIEM

Some guys just never quit. I'm Catholic and I've never had a Conflict with Evolution, I studied in Catholics School and they teach Evolution as a FACT and the Genesis as a Methaphore. There is a Novel THE GOD'S FORMULA, so interesting, because takes this "Methaphore" to Science and boosting Evolution.

Saludos

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Agreed, but...

Wasted thread space.

As opposed to WHAT?

Got a link to the smart stuff? It aint in refresh.

Who said anything here was "smart stuff"?

But there certianly is some better "dumb stuff" worthy of the space.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 6-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Heck no! My belief that everyone from Canada should be spayed (which I base totally on your posts in this thread) should not be subject to censorship.

I agree, it shouldn't be subject to censorship

Unless of course it's hate speech.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The theory of evolution was not documented by Darwin to disprove creationism, because Darwin was actually very religious. The theory of evolution was recorded to try and explain how the world worked. how many different animals can create a working ecosystem when most of the animals originated from one species, as in from the records of the island of Kimono.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
To B.A.C.

You dont quit do you.. do you not want to understand? How many times do i have to tell you:

Evolution, when it is defined as "populations of living organisms change over time." Evolution so-defined is an unquestionable FACT.

Natural selection: THEORY to explain the mechanics of evolution
OK?

The "evolution is just a theory" line makes it sound like you're not interested in studying or discussing the evidence. The best way to express dissent from evolution is to actually discuss its failure to explain the scientific evidence.

Do you think that "evolution is just a guess so I don't have to believe it if I don't want to"? You should be able to provide reasons why you're a skeptic beyond stating "it's just a theory"

Biologists consider the existence of biological evolution to be a fact. It can be demonstrated today and the historical evidence for its occurrence in the past is overwhelming

However, biologists readily admit that they are less certain of the exact mechanism of evolution; there are several THEORIES of the mechanism of evolution. We are constantly learning new and important facts about evolutionary mechanisms

OK? Dont tell me you still dont understand.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Daniem]

I understand and agree with you completely. I'll say it again. I understand and agree with everything you posted.

Does that clear it up?

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I agree, it shouldn't be subject to censorship

Unless of course it's hate speech.

I hate menthol, and flavored coffee.

Please don't ban me for having taste.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by acewilliams
The theory of evolution was not documented by Darwin to disprove creationism, because Darwin was actually very religious. The theory of evolution was recorded to try and explain how the world worked. how many different animals can create a working ecosystem when most of the animals originated from one species, as in from the records of the island of Kimono.

I agree with this as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Examples of evolution that are readily apparent include the fact that modern populations are evolving and the fact that two closely related species share a common ancestor. (The evidence that Homo sapiens and chimpanzees share a recent common ancestor falls into this category)

There is so much evidence in support of this aspect of primate evolution that it qualifies as a fact by any common definition of the word "fact."

A fact means something that is so highly probable that it would be silly not to accept it. Now if something were like 99.99% correct would you take it as fact? Cause it can NEVER be 100%.

Nothing whatever can be, or has been proved with fully 100% certainty, not even that you or I exist, you might be dreaming the whole thing. When we say a thing is a fact, then, we only mean that its probability is an extremely high one.

So I WILL AGREE WITH B.A.C.
-In an absolute sense evolution is not a fact, no more a fact than that you are reading these words.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Examples of evolution that are readily apparent include the fact that modern populations are evolving and the fact that two closely related species share a common ancestor. (The evidence that Homo sapiens and chimpanzees share a recent common ancestor falls into this category)

There is so much evidence in support of this aspect of primate evolution that it qualifies as a fact by any common definition of the word "fact."

A fact means something that is so highly probable that it would be silly not to accept it. Now if something were like 99.99% correct would you take it as fact? Cause it can NEVER be 100%.

Nothing whatever can be, or has been proved with fully 100% certainty, not even that you or I exist, you might be dreaming the whole thing. When we say a thing is a fact, then, we only mean that its probability is an extremely high one.

-In an absolute sense evolution is not a fact, no more a fact than that you are reading these words.

You still don't get it?

I didn't say Evolution isn't a fact.

I said The Theory of Evolution isn't a fact. Which many evolutionists and scientists seem to have a hard time understanding.

That's all I said.

It's very simple. Why is everyone arguing for evolution. This thread is to clear up the meaning of the words "The Theory of Evolution".

That's all it is meant to do.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Well, of course. Just as in the Existentialist sense I'm actually talking to myself and in the Nihilist sense I probably killed you all already and am having a guilt episode in the laptop of my brain.

POINTLESS!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I am starting to think that in most cases i will not be noticed like many of the more famous posters if I don't attack someone directly. it seems to me that in the case of most debates facts are needed to propel a subject into conversation. from what i see there is more attacking than proofing going on here. like in many other threads this should be stopped in my opinion.

back to the task at hand...

Weather a theory or not, there are parts of the theory of evolution that may never be disproven. In this case those observations may be considered facts.

For clarification an observation can be considered a fact.

Thank you, And good night.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join