It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulldozer driver rams police car in Jerusalem 'terror attack'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sounds like a guy who just went crazy. Pretty soon passing gas in a public place will be considered a "terror attack". More mind control.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

13 civilians
as much as every life is equal

Israel has killed what 1500+

so 10x13= 130
100x13=1300
110x 13 = 1430
115x 130 = 1495

and thats just the last few months

for every Israeli killed (not counting the wounded palestinians as thats a higher number)

Israel has murderd on a ratio of 115 Palestinians for one Israeli (guess they dont joke a disapropriate response, but i doubt you really care as your only defence is they are a Settler state)

The palestinian are Stupid?

Pre Israel and before Israel started settling as you say Jews lived happily with their arab neigbours, only after the zionest movement did any hate appear.

Palestinians didnt start the whole mess
the former Israeli primeinster did when he enterd the dome of the rock and said that israelis will claim it.

which then started the begining of the infada.

only problem with your anoligy is you havent got a Clue about History of the region and calling a group of people stupid because they dont fit into your mindset is ignorant and stupid in its self

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Well - Sharon's visit to temple mount (or Dome of rock - if it is more acceptable) was indeed used as an excuse to start a second intifada. After all - Arafat could never sign peace agreement with Israel and be considered a traitor by his closest friends.
However - Sharon never

said that israelis will claim it.

or at least on that visit. And by the way - why he could not go there? Would it not be "racist/apartheid/nazi/you can choose" to forbid a certain person from visiting a location others visit without problem?
It does not mean i agree that his visit at that time was a good move by the way. However it still is unacceptable that Israeli prime minister cannot visit location in Israel.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

one would say the reasons behind the Visit is bad enough
it wasnt just a nice little stroll with body guards but a show
by the man to the palestinians that they would lose it to the Israelis.
and the Israel controls it

what happend after that pretty much sums it up and shows his agenda.

More Israeli Settlements on palestinian land (which i never got a reply from you about when i asked you on whats your opinion on Israel continously anaxing and building more on occupied territory)

to others it just looks like orcastrated event to piss of the palestinians.

also you say arafat didnt sign the peace treaty
wasnt it due to the fact Israel wouldnt return palestinian land
or even allow east jeruslaum to be the capital of a palestinian state?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

it wasnt just a nice little stroll with body guards but a show
by the man to the palestinians that they would lose it to the Israelis.
and the Israel controls it

But Israel does control it. I know that a lot of people do not like, however it is the fact. Since 1967 Israel controls the area. Administration is in the hands of Wakf. Control is Israeli.
And the "stroll" was there purely for inner Israeli political reasons. Barak just offered in camp David almost all Eastern Jerusalem to Arafat (that said no). So as head of opposition Sharon was hoping to gain points in Israeli public that saw it as dangerous development.
Since Barak's suggestion is clouded by "secrecy" and people involved do not mention the details, it is hard for me to know what was about East Jerusalem as capital. But from what i understand (Barak was heavily criticized by left wing politicians too for his "too generous" suggestion) he offered max Israel could give. For a peace of paper by the way.
And to people who would jump out and say that it was all Palestinian before 1948 - it was not. There was no Palestinian nation then. There were people living here, majority of them lost their property and became refugees which is awful. But they did not loose indepandance since they did not have it in the first place, they did not loose capital city - because they did not have it too. So if Arafat was really working on creating an independent Palestinian state - refusal because he could not make East Jerusalem a capital (even if it was condition) is simply ridiculous. Since it prevented creation of state that he supposedly fought for. Unless it is all just part of "throw jews in the sea take 4".
As for my take on settlements - first it depends what you call settlements. There are a lot of definitions.
If it is 1967 war-end lines - then building behind those lines is problematic and creates serious issues for future generations. Should not be done, is not positive and waste of money since at least some will have to be evicted in the final deal (if there will ever be one) and what will remain will be turned into fortified enclaves that would draw violence.
If it is 1948 war-end lines - then i see no problem building there. There are millions of Israelis living behind those lines.
If it is UN partition plan lines - then there is surely no problem with it.

And since i feel that your question would be about me not protesting about government actions and 1967 settlements - i just want to tell you that i also have my priorities. People who are pro-building there are not trying to execute "take 4". So i am more worried about other issues.
Thus i am not a member of "Peace Now" or similar organizations. Settlements are obstacle for a peace , but by far not the main ones. I live in Jerusalem and more worried about getting Kassam'd if East Jerusalem would be in Palestinian hands then about what my own right wing nuts do.
Hope that my self-analising helped.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

You know there is no country called Jewish right? Just like there is no country called Muslim. Kinda funny when you accuse Israel of racism and you play the same old rhetoric. Israel is a nation. Israeli is a citizen of that nation. Israel has a historical, political, and social context. Not to mention they built a modern society in the Middle East, that actually has a technological sector which exports and not only imports. All of this is proof of a secular state that protects the rights of its citizens. That is the most important function of a nation. Thus, they are obviously not settlers, but people who actually built a civilization.

Now lets look at the people known as "Palestinians." Palestine is the roman name given to the province of Judea. It is obvious that Palestinians are not Roman. So what language do they speak--Arabic. What religion--Muslim. What culture--Arabic. Where was Yasser Arafat born---Egypt. Who is the president of Jordan married to-- a "Palestinian" woman. What a minute...the Arab nations surrounding Israel show no difference to "Palestinians", why is that? Oh yeah because THEY ARE SAME PEOPLE. Then why in the hell are they letting their own people die and not bringing them back home? Oh yeah they hate Israel more than they do the lives of their own people. So why not call the their people a fictional name and use them as refugee warriors to make a false claim on territory they lost. Sounds like a good plan, no

Hope you enjoyed the history lesson

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Kinda ironic , they use dozers to level entire gaza neighbourhoods , thats ok, 1 pissed off guy rams a car, its a terror attack, o ya , he shot dead for it

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I dont agree with any of it but certain points stand out, just like the Germans would kill hundreds for one of their's murdered Israel is now doing the same.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Israel is a settler state. It's a modern one too. The only way for it to survive is to go on the offensive. Any weakness will mean its downfall. The Arabs will never forgive Israel for the last sixty years so forget PC and ideas of coexistence, take it to them and stop the terror.

The Israeli government is a criminal regime engaged in active apartheid and covering their actions with an enormous propaganda machine. At some point, some non-state actor, probably financed by the CIA and/or the Saudis, will probably make the Israelis glow in the dark.

A lot of us certainly won't shed a tear when it happens.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

I am sure that if one "pissed-off" guy on a dozer would ram your car, drag it for tens of meters toward near-by bus, you would not object to killing of one "pissed-off" guy. Which just happens to be third pissed-off Arab guy doing the same "pissed-off" thing in Jewish neighbourhoods of Jerusalem.
While no "pissed-off" guy from those neighborhoods shot rockets at him or others.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ubergrasshopper

Yes, criminal apartheid - whatever rocks your boat. But you apparently ok with nuking eight million people (what about oppressed,they are not immune to glowing in the dark? Or you care for them only when it fits your anti-Israeli agenda?) - hey, that makes Israel an angel near you.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
reply to post by Britguy

You know there is no country called Jewish right? Just like there is no country called Muslim. Kinda funny when you accuse Israel of racism and you play the same old rhetoric. Israel is a nation. Israeli is a citizen of that nation. Israel has a historical, political, and social context. Not to mention they built a modern society in the Middle East, that actually has a technological sector which exports and not only imports. All of this is proof of a secular state that protects the rights of its citizens. That is the most important function of a nation. Thus, they are obviously not settlers, but people who actually built a civilization.

Now lets look at the people known as "Palestinians." Palestine is the roman name given to the province of Judea. It is obvious that Palestinians are not Roman. So what language do they speak--Arabic. What religion--Muslim. What culture--Arabic. Where was Yasser Arafat born---Egypt. Who is the president of Jordan married to-- a "Palestinian" woman. What a minute...the Arab nations surrounding Israel show no difference to "Palestinians", why is that? Oh yeah because THEY ARE SAME PEOPLE. Then why in the hell are they letting their own people die and not bringing them back home? Oh yeah they hate Israel more than they do the lives of their own people. So why not call the their people a fictional name and use them as refugee warriors to make a false claim on territory they lost. Sounds like a good plan, no

Hope you enjoyed the history lesson

The land was Canaan, Land of the Philistines according to the bible, that is what Abraham conquored, meaning it was there even before Jews had a religion.

The language spoken wasn't Arabic. In the time of Jesus they spoke Aramaic and in the time of Canaan, they had their own language.

Arabic is a language which has only been around for about 1500 years. English has only been around for about 1000 years.

The land does not belong to a religion and it doesn't belong to a language. It belongs to a race of people. Also, in regards to your comment that Palestinians are Muslims....They're not ALL muslims. Where do you think Christianity came from? My fathers family are Catholic Palestinians.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

It doesn't help when you repeat yourself.

You think about race. I think about civilization. Past and Progress. It is not who but how. This is exactly why the Palestinians will never have a future. They look to the ground. They look to the land as something that defines them. And not something that holds them. Land does not care what race sits on it. Land does not care about your people.

People hear your bombs and your cries but not your struggle. Wake up or else you will be left behind. Peace.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Originally posted by bodrul
yes thousends of rockets

Yes, thousands, 7,500 actually.

en.wikipedia.org...

that barely do any damage or hit anything they might as well be using fireworks

They have killed 13 civilians and injured 433. Your dismissal of Israeli casualties is both inaccurate and telling.

Israel the settler state, like the way you try and justify the main problems of the Palestine Israel Conflict,

does that mean Mexicams can kick ur family out since they are as stated before settling in america?

The Mexicans have learned to live in peace with American settlers, just as the native American indians did, the Palestinians are just too stupid to reach that level of understanding yet, but one day in the future they will do, and then the killing will stop.

Even you can understand that.

oh wow you had me untill you cited wikipedia as a "reliable source" it's a SITE THAT ANYONE CAN EDIT i could go there and put OVER9000 rockets and noone would care oh and by the way I don't think you quite get the jist of WHY palestinians are pissed off at the Israelis dont you find it a bit ironic that israel gets away with war crimes that others would be in the slammer for? and how israel can invade palestinian land and kill civilians #EVEN THOUGH they have the most advanced military in the middle east that could quite easily EXCLUSIVELY kill there enemies hell if they did that i dare say Palestinians might BEGIN to like the Israelis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join