It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man guilty of killing 'Harry Potter' actor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The new actor playing the upcoming Harry Potter series has been stabbed to death in Britain.

www.cnn.com...

It's sad that there's a lot of psychos everywhere.

[edit: title - to more accurately reflect the article]

[edit on 5-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well good job to you for getting to this fairly early.

Not a fan of harry potter at all. But still am a huge fan of people in general!
This strangely reminds me of the man in china taking a drive through a ton of people then stabbing everyone till reprimanded.

I feel people like this should of been stopped before and warning signs could of been reported.... Sad loss, not because he's an actor, but because as far as I know, he had done nothing wrong, and didn't deserve to die for a random act of violence.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Odd that the news is just getting out about that according to Wikipedia
Rob Knox

Robert Arthur "Rob" Knox (21 August 1989 – 24 May 2008) was a British actor who played the role of Marcus Belby in the to-be-released film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009), and had signed to appear in the planned film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.[2] He died after being stabbed outside a bar in Sidcup, England, in May 2008, when he intervened in a fight to protect his brother.

did wiki tell the future or did it get the date wrong or did it already happen?

IMDB says same thing IMDB

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Its not just those two sites but others
I think that cnn is a little late buy almost a year
then again the time stamp says updated not sure what was updated though

added more link
Times UK
Telegraph

[edit on 3/5/2009 by EvilBat]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I remember this from last year so it's not really new.

Perhaps the US channels were just having a slow day, or padding out the news broadcasts with pulp and old news to hide something else.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
My g-d....

Why didn't he cast a Petronas charm or something?

This is what happens when you mix with Muggles, it's High time the Wizarding community headed the warnings of Lord Voldemort and took charge of the Muggle situation once and for all

Seriously... I actually view this as a tragedy... absolutely senseless and insane, compounded only by the fact that his parents had a son who was having a great life until an animal came along and stripped them of their son and the joy he was bringing...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This happened last year (May 08) but the guy who stabbed him was convicted of murder yesterday, which is why there was news about it yesterday.

Very sad, but it happens far too often to young men in this country and each one is a profound tragedy.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You should have selected a different thread title for this one as he was stabbed last year.

It seems the guilty verdict for the murderer has only just come in which is the recent news.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
What has this world come too

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

I resented the headlines in the MSM and I hate it here!
All headlines lead people to believe in first glance is was the Harry Potter actor that was killed.
When they find out it wasn't him?
They breath a sigh of relief...
Whew! It wasn’t Harry!
Now how sick is that!
So what about the poor boy who was killed???

People need to get a grip I tell ya!
Can’t get more tabloid and sleaze than using Harry Potters name in such a way!

Show the kid who died some respect in death.
Post his name FIRST then that he acted in one of the H.P movies!

peace

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I am sure his death was much less violent since it did not involve a gun.

As someone who defended his little brother a few times, all I can say is good for him for being the brave one. I can think of no more noble way to die, however unfortunate.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Grumble]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Awww how sad. . .

There's just too many contributing factors that lead to this sort of tragedy - it's difficult to stop this from happening when at times there's literally very few warning signs that someone will just snap and behave like this...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Well good job to you for getting to this fairly early.

Not a fan of harry potter at all. But still am a huge fan of people in general!
This strangely reminds me of the man in china taking a drive through a ton of people then stabbing everyone till reprimanded.

I feel people like this should of been stopped before and warning signs could of been reported.... Sad loss, not because he's an actor, but because as far as I know, he had done nothing wrong, and didn't deserve to die for a random act of violence.

Hate to burst ur bubble but this is pretty old news. Heard about this a few months back i think but it is re-surfacing again because of the conviction.

top topics

join