It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Hand Syndrom.....(creepy)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
MPD is psychological. Alien Hand Syndrome is physiological. The cases of AHS typically occured when
the bridge between left and right hemispheres are
separated as a form of eplipsy treatment. Since Humans
are 'cross-wired' the Alien hand or limb is being controlled by the brain half that is diagonal to it. I can only wonder how this would affect someone who went under this surgery had been ambidextrous or perhaps
instead of being left or right brained, what if they were
both or the integrated types. Fascinating nonetheless, but also tramatizing for those who have this side effect. I remember an example where a person who given a pack of smokes, if the cigs were on the left hand side of the person, they would pick it up until the point where
their right eye would see, then immediately the right hand would take it from the left and set it down.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I though I was having it bad when I have flashes of my dominant had attacking me.

(Usually when I�m tired and I close my eyes as I bring my hand up to rest my face on as I sit half asleep. As my eyes slide close, I get the mental image of my hand grabbing my face with fearful force. It�s my sub-conscious trying to make sure I don�t fall asleep when I need to study. I startle awake, going WTF?, and I dismiss it for the nonsense it is. Your sub-conscious will do some pretty violent things to keep you on track�)
I wouldn�t want to go through this, not with how violent my own mind can be, when I�m not controlling it�VERY angry person.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
(g) Poor Greys! Yes, I'm familiar with this. Here. Let me try it:

Okay, folks.. IT HAPPENS WHEN THERE'S A BRAIN INJURY AND THE BRAIN IS 'DIVIDED' INTO TWO PARTS.

No demons. No Parkinsons. No personality disorder.

It's by accident (trauma) or by surgery (to help *some* epileptics with almost constant seizures.) By the way -- the person can control the hand if they're looking at it.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
(g) Poor Greys! Yes, I'm familiar with this. Here. Let me try it:

Okay, folks.. IT HAPPENS WHEN THERE'S A BRAIN INJURY AND THE BRAIN IS 'DIVIDED' INTO TWO PARTS.

No demons. No Parkinsons. No personality disorder.

It's by accident (trauma) or by surgery (to help *some* epileptics with almost constant seizures.) By the way -- the person can control the hand if they're looking at it.

Pretty much on the money, there Byrd. The part where
a person looks at it isn't necessarily true btw.. it depends on which eye and which hand. Other than that,
that was right on the nose!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Any 1 got a Video link of AHS?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My little sister is having split brain surgery so this topic is of great interest to me,

So this can be controlled??? we were told that she will possible lose short term memory.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
hi there i was just reading through this forum and i agree its a really intresting topic and heres some info for anyone, AHS is the result most of the time of the Corpus Callosum being split or removed to a certain extent. this is called a commissurotomy and was 1950s operation for intractable epileptics
Corpus callosum
Fiber tract between left and right side of the brain.
� 200 million axons
� Primarily homotopic: connects corresponding region (Lparietal-
Rparietal, Lfrontal-Rfrontal)
� Also Heterotopic: connecting different regions (Lfrontal-
Rparietal).

Split brain patients do not recognize their unseen
left hand when touched by right hand.
� �intramanual conflict�: e.g. one hand buttons up shirt,
other unbuttons.
� Left hand spontaneously engages in actions that the
patient says they are not intending: acts foreign,
alien or uncooperative.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
That would be horrible, especially after all the times I made my little brother hit himself while I said "Quit hitting yourself!". I wonder why the alien hands keep punching or choking the owner. To wake up to a beating, only to find that its you. You better keep the nails short on that hand.

You can't recognize it from anothers hand? This would certainly make masturbaiting more interesting!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
i read that the cause of epilepsy is somthing like the brain givving off a huge ellectrical pulse and damaging itself so doctors somtimes make little cuts in the brain*. maybe the docters cut the wrong part of the brain because it all looks the same.

*this apparently causes major memory recals, one man who was quite old managed to remember a trip to a river when he was still a todler. this is proof that the human mind remembers every sight, smell, taste, sound, and fell of everything it encounters it, it's just a matter of unlocking it. This would be usefull to jog the memories of abducties!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Oh great, now wife beaters and cleptomaniacs will have another excuse. Hey baby it wasn't me , it was my alien hand. What's next alien genital syndrome? I think I may already have that.

Nutzo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join