It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Police?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
there is a car, maybe more than one, that rides around in the Reston, VA area. on the vehicle is clearly visible the word "POLICE" and some numerical designation of maybe 4 or 5 alphanumeric characters.

ive noticed it over the months, and knew it wasnt a county cop (it lacked the bad color scheme). "probably virginia police", i thought.

well, today i had an opportunity to see the logo on the passenger side door. the logo looked like some generic "to serve and protect" type logo, similar to one used by a vocational school that advertises on tv. it had a lot of gold, some type of vegetation, not much else.

but it read only one thing: "UNITED STATES POLICE".

i have never heard of this. a quick internet search revealed nothing. (there is the United States Mint Police, United States Park Police, etc. this was none of those).

maybe Secret Service? the driver was dressed more like a building engineer rather than a secret service agent (i got just a quick glimpse).

i will shop around for a digital camera and i will keep it with me from now on. not only for reasons that driving around here is taking your life into your hands at times, but so that i can document this in case i find nothing conclusive about it. it could be someone who is dangerous.

i would rather it be THAT than a worse scenario...like one thats been discussed here numerous times.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
did you happen to catch a glimpse of the lic plate? should have a us tag, if its federal, a state tag if that, or local tag if its municipal. im extremely interested in this so im reaching for a flag right now! pleae be careful, good luck. p.s. cel phone camera?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
im having a problem with my brain right now, flag coming as soon as i remember how, or give me a hint? im kinda multitasking wit this thread and a few searches and the phone

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
could not ID the tag-- there was a car behind it at the red light queue.
if i get no resolution to this (sent out a mssg to a local compadre who is a Fed goon) i will follow up with information.

i hope im not made to look like an ass, and this car is a prop in a movie or something.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My google image search yields many "United States PARK Police" but as far as I can tell nothing more. I would not be surprised though if the Federal Government wished to undermine the authority over the states and create a federal police force, the same way DOD has been implemented into our local police forces.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i dont think youll end up looking like an ass. id rather find something to be completely reasonable and question it than have something of importance go right under my nose. even if its a movie prop, or park police, i promise, i wont think youre a ass. i hope its nothing, but if it is, thanks for keeping your eyes open

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
check the US marshals site and see if they have a car like that.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

A little hint: that big red square button in the upper right hand corner above the OP is how you flag a threat

second line

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
thanks funsized! i got 3 windows all running and alot of info coming into my brain right now. whew.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
As far as I know, there is not a legal foundation for having a U.S. Police Force. Could be an ATS'er just messing with people.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
United States Police - seen at border crossing between San Diego and Tjawanna... in 2003. dressed like para military let me see if I can find the video - I could have sworn it came from right here on ATS... check it out...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I work over in Sterling, and my Pops lives in Reston and works out of Herndon. I have not seen anything like that around where I work, but I will talk to my dad and see if he has seen something fishy. Sometimes he thinks I am crazy, but he will take what I say to heart and at least look into it for me.

I will keep my eyes open around Loudoun County, maybe they will make it this way.

But, I want to say that there are numerous Federal Agencies in the Reston\Herndon Area, many Federal Contractors whos facilities are fenced by barbed wire and guarded by armed guards. Could really be anything, and you may have mis-read or misinterpreted the insignia, but I will not discount anything until a pic is produced or I see something similar.

Fry

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
As far as I know, there is not a legal foundation for having a U.S. Police Force. Could be an ATS'er just messing with people.

i dont blame you for thinking this. but its not a hoax.

to the guy in loudon- i did not misread the insignia, but good point about federal agencies in the area. still, they will contract out security, correct?

unless this was a contractor i saw. still, not just anyone can throw "police" on their car if they are just a rent-a-cop.

i dont expect this to go anywhere, but i will reply if i see the vehicle and get any more information.

by the way, the car had a light-- just blue, though, NOT the typical red/blue of your everyday police car.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I haven't see any cars like that. I know in Kentucky for instance the Vehicular Enforcement, used to be with the Department of Transportation, branch is now a part of the State Police which shows that certain states have different specialized branches within their own police forces. Was it the usual Crown Vic car? (Crown Victoria Police Interceptor) I doubt its a contractor but try and find it again. Take pictures also.

I have seen some officers driving cruisers that don't match the usual KSP / KVE / DOT / FSP / County / City cops. It might be a constable. Yes for some reason I have seen a "constable" cruising around before...was strange since it seems kind of pointless. It might be some kind of cruiser they were trying to repaint or something or was in the middle of becoming an unmarked. Typo maybe? Or they just placed the logo in the wrong area so it seems like its a "USA Police" car.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tynee

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

i dont blame you for thinking this. but its not a hoax.

I didn't mean that YOU were hoaxing us. I meant that it could be another ATS'er trying to mess with people on the street. Anyway, carry a camera with you and if you see the car again, take a picture and post it. It really is illegal for the federal government to police citizens except in the cases outlined in the Patriot Act. The exceptions in the Patriot Act are the reason people are so up in arms about it.

[edit on 5/3/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
nothing to see here.... move along to the next thread..... anything happen? check the tags on the car? or are you now missing for stumbling onto something? where are you?????

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Could it have been Federal Protective Service?

upload.wikimedia.org...

This is what USSS Uniformed Division vehicles look like:
farm3.static.flickr.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Chris, per your post, the car i described was THAT model, but the detail, graphics, logos, etc., no, not the same.

about a half hour ago, at approx. 12:48am. saturday, i saw two vehicles parked on a driveway (links below-- hope they work). one was DEFINITELY a car with the same script logo.

the other was also that crown victoria (?) model, and white, and definitely with some light assembly on the roof (im assuming its another vehicle of this strange "police" force).

they were on a driveway, in opposite directions, the way cops do when they are in their vehicles talking to another driver.

i went around 3 times to try to catch a glimpse of something, maybe a plate number, but i couldnt without slowing to a pace that may have drawn attention to myself.

i know-- ive got to get a photo.

guinnessford said: "or are you now missing for stumbling onto something? where are you?????"

serves me right-- i am skeptical of most of what i read here at ATS, and at times throw a hard ball to an OP. but now the shoe's on the other foot it seems. no, guinness, i am not missing.

in my original post, i mentioned someone i knew who i thought would clear things up. he isnt returning my calls/emails.

please excuse my low-tech approach here. i will attempt to explain the location with maps and links. sorry if its a mess, in case i am not able to edit this message. im not sure i even know how to upload an image here.

maybe the guy from loudon would be willing to help me out some weekend, assuming these vehicles will be seen in the same vicinity-- and to vouch that im not making this up and playing with people's minds.

that driveway leads to a construction site. but there are THREE major construction sites within 3 miles of that location. why do they linger THERE....im not fishing for a conspiracy theory or anything. i just want to know (and have a right to know?) who these people are.

i blame YOU, ATS, for getting into my subconscious and causing me this stress! lol

maps.google.com...,-77.360895&daddr=&geocode=&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=17&sll=38.954153,-77.361141&sspn= 0.003604,0.006759&ie=UTF8&z=17

View Larger Map

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
im sorry-- it didnt work.

heres the intersection/location: Town Center Parkway and Sunset Hills Road in Reston, VA, USA. the actual road they were on is the first one east of that intersection.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well I talked to my Dad about the cars. Again, he works around the area and his service calls cause him to crisscross Western Fairfax and Eastern Loudoun Counties, so he goes through this general area multiple times a week. Not to mention he only lives about 5 miles away, so he is pretty aware of the area and goings on around there.

The conversation went pretty much like this:
me "Dad, do you know the intersection of Town Center Parkway and Sunset Hills Road over in Reston?"
dad "Yeah, you mean next to the Reston Hospital?"
me "Yup, have you ever noticed any police-type vehicles patroling that general area that have 'United States Police' or something like that emblazed on the side?"
dad "Yeah, all the time."
me "Really? Do you know what they are and/or what they are protecting?"
dad "Well, you know there are numerous government contractors in the area, Perot Systems, Oracle and the CIA has a satalite office nearby in Hernon...just off Sunset Hills."
me "I know about the CIA, but the United States cannot leagally have a 'police force'."
dad "Well it says United States Police, but in smaller emblems it reads something to the effect of United State Federal Protective Services."

Well I did some diging for the USFPS, and here is what I found on wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

The United States Federal Protective Service is a branch of the U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement(ICE) of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). FPS is responsible for policing, securing and ensuring a safe environment in which federal agencies can conduct their business. FPS does this by investigating threats posed against the nearly 9,000 federal facilities nationwide.

FPS's work focuses directly on the interior security of the nation and the reduction of crimes and potential threats to federal facilities throughout the nation. Uniformed FPS officers/inspectors and special agents respond to calls for assistance, conduct investigations and provide crime prevention tips, as well as assist in occupant emergency planning

Here is a pic of one of their vehicles.

This is the FPS logo, does it look familiar??

I know that it does not say United States Police, but my Pops said that they have numerous unmarked vehicles, along with other marked vehicles which patrol the area.

As it turns out, you most likely saw this type of vehicle, and they routinely provide security for the numerous government contractors and/or agencies in order for them to conduct their business in a safe/secure way.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by frey51]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join