It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland the Saudi Aabia of Europe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't know if a topic about this has already been made or if it has been debunked, but I stumbled across an interesting news report while looking up Irish natural resources.

It says that Ireland has about €5.4trillion worth of oil lying off the west coast along with a staggering amount of other fossil fuels. A staggering amount enough to take Ireland out of debt and into the money (a lot of money).

Of course the Irish people will be up in arms against it because most likely the laying of pipes and having huge power stations built around the country will ruin our countryside, which is a big no-no for us.

here's the link to a summary, cant find the actual report.

www.indymedia.ie...

Maybe someone on the site has more info about it, if this is true and Ireland signs some legislation to allow the government to harvest the oil, Ireland will definitely be a very different place is the coming years.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

But contracts with foreign companies are preventing us from selling it and transforming us into the Saudi Arabia of Europe.

source

Exxon Mobil have this one in the bag it seems, but interesting find nonetheless. The Irish Government's stance is, due to exploration costs, to hand it over to the private sector - a crying shame.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
bloody typical...

Ah well bang goes that dream.

What's worse is that the Irish government will probably let the company rape our land to get a few scraps of the oil money, If this went majorly public you should expect to see a hell of a lot more legal battles and protesting from the Irish if the Exxon Mobil want to get the oil, just look at the Corrib pipeline fiasco.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf

This is great news, but don't go there.
Tell you later.

Ireland will be like the rich oil barons of Texas.
That will be something to see.
No long horns cattle or cowboy hats.

On the west side to keep it away from England and Scotland.
The Lord has blessed Ireland again after all these years since St Patrick.

People will flock to the land of green.
Making it a land of oil refineries and pollution.
Just in time for the predicted great catastrophe that sinks Ireland
under the sea.

ED: Tesla's hand held lightning balls, never duplicated.
Mostly because no one ever turned on the great coil Tesla sits in front
of in my avatar, a photo from 1896, and locked up in 1945 by
the FBI. Most likely released to his museum by now.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Don't go there, why? I've already been since I was born, apart from the government the place isn't that bad, besides just go to the west I don't think anyone in the Dail knows there is anything west of the shannon tbh.

Unfortunately though if we were given full rights to the oil the west would just be turned into one big oil depot. Ireland would be rich alright, but all the culture would disappear. All the Irish speaking areas would be flooded with people from all over the world looking for a bit of the action...

Yeah I always had a "sinking" feeling that St. Patrick was right when he said Ireland would sink beneath the waves, it was what initially convinced me that global warming would melt the ice-caps...

As for tesla I try to imagine what the world would be like had he been given the funding and equipment he needed, he was a genius, quite insane too I should say.
Then again there is only a fine line between genius and madness, well just look at his death ray...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
and all this time us micks thought we were fighting sin fein over cath/prot stuff. damn. makes it all much clearer now.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
maybe its off the coast of ireland, but i can bet you that most of the cash will go to england and mr gordon browns NWO.

just as it did in the 70' and 80's with scotlands major oil fields.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf

Ireland might be a great place for Tesla experiments.

Tesla was not mad, he just made the Illuminati mad.
Thus the Illuminati must inform us that Tesla was mad.
Tesla didn't lie.
The Illuminati, they lie about Tesla.
Best to hear the Tesla side as much as one can.

Tesla kept on making power generating equipment surpassing
all the patents GE bought to make the worlds power grids
from generator to power watt-hour meter.

Tesla was supported and funded under various contracts and
some his technology was sold off but not to America.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
maybe its off the coast of ireland, but i can bet you that most of the cash will go to england and mr gordon browns NWO.

Rule number 1: There are no oil fields in Scotland. They are in 'Britain'. (Which reminds me why someone has been trying to change Ireland's status from being an ''island'' to something more obscure - possibly related to the ocean shelf they share with Britain and the rest of Europe)!!! hmmm

Rule number 2: When Scotland, Wales or N.Ireland have anything of importance that can be paraded in front of the World, it's 'British'. When it is drunk or disorderly, it's Irish, Scottish or Welsh!

Get the picture? It's called playing big brother little brother!

No animosity intended!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thankfully this isn't likely to happen... I'm studying this right now and it looks like the cost of exploration and digging/boring (or whatever) and settup etc etc would far surpass the gains from this little expedition. And if they do start to build up the west... Well then, I suppose they'll regret it, eh? Just like corrib oil found out... =D raged.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So the legends got it wrong.

It was a pot of oil at the end of the rainbow?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

perhaps

new topics

top topics

join