It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection through Hypnosis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Greetings,

I'm sorry to be contributing to what seems to be an endless supply of Astral Projection threads, but I couldn't find what I was looking for through the search function so figured this is the best way to get my answer. (Hey, atleast it's not another Vampire thread!
)

I've been trying to succeed in Astral Projection for years now, with no results. I hear you can transfer from a lucid dream to the astral plane, so I tried focusing on Lucid Dreaming to try and get them more regular so I can then work on that transition, but I've only had two successful Lucid Dreams. Only one of which was intentional, the other was completely unexpected and by accident.

However, I found a Hypnosis video on Youtube for Weight Loss, and I was surprised to see it's actually working. It's affected my appetite and I don't feel hungry nearly as often as I used to. Ontop of that, while I was 'under' I was still able to think semi-freely, and it occurred to me that this is exactly how I imagined it would feel before being able to go astral. I tried getting up out of my body, but no luck. However, I'm quite confident that if I could find a hypnosis video and/or sound clip that's specific to aiding in Astral Projection, that I may be able to finally succeed. I've tried Self-Hypnosis, but that doesn't seem to work for me---and seeing a hypnotist is out of the question.

Can anyone point me towards a good video and/or audio clip that can help hypnotize and aid with Astral Projection?

It would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Have you taken a look at hemi-sync recordings from the Monroe Institute? They have a set specifically for OBE, and I am using them now, I listen every night before sleep and what it has done for me so far is put me in a very relaxed state-but that's it. I don't know what books you have read on the subject but there are many out there with methods that might work for you. For some people it is pretty easy, one thing I've learned is that you can't force it, and if you have issues with the "fear barrier" the relaxation states will help.

Check this out:

www.consciousmedianetwork.com...

I wish you the best of luck!!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have a ton of links on astral projection but here is one.
www.astralvoyage.com...

If i decide to rip my favs apart in FF something I will link you to my fav list for AP.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thanks to both of you for your replies

Pilot: I have looked for them at one point in time after reading that they were supposedly very effective, however I could not find them. I was under the impression after that it wasn't exactly something 'free' or 'open to the public' and gave up on looking for that.

If I'm wrong, could you point me in the right direction?
Thanks

and I'll admit, I'm having difficulty with the fear aspect of it, however I'm not rushing into anything. My fear is the reason I decided to work my way up to it through Lucid Dreaming. So I can gradually get used to a feeling of a reality that I'm unfamiliar with, before branching off into the Astral Plane where I have no idea what to really expect. (Whereas atleast you have control of what you experience in a Lucid Dream)

I mostly just do alot of reading on the topic, so I become familiar enough where it doesn't scare me anymore. Some days I feel incredibly eager and willing to try and project, and the fear is gone. Those are the days I take a crack at it. Other days, I don't feel so willing and thus I respect that and hold off. Spending my Astral related time to simply researching it. Though, those many times where I was confident enough to try it, I achieved no success. I think it's just the way my body works, it seems that my mind will not allow my body to go into sleep paralysis aslong as it's still conscious. That tingling feeling that builds up from lack of mobility bugs me to no end, and as much as I try to resist movement and stay still, it seems my instinct overpowers that. Thus, time after time I have failed at achieving astral projection.

and thank you very much ThichHeaded. I have bookmarked the link for future reference, and am really hoping I can learn something new that'll work for me from it
I really appreciate your help

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
astral projection is a alpha wave frequency produced through meditation and not videos. also I do not recommend someone hypnosis channeling you to cause a OBE. yes it is a life changing experience but it can lead to other things that are not pleasant.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by voodoom

I should elaborate on what I meant by videos. There were some hypnosis videos on youtube that I find quite effective. I don't watch them, though. I just use it for the audio, and close my eyes to relax further (as videos can be distracting)

I mentioned videos because I find alot of these kinds of files are easier found in video format, so figured I'd throw that out there.

I'm not arguing your point, just providing the reason to why I said videos.

Also, why would you not recommend it? Or more so, would you care to give me some examples?

Personally, it's more of a last resort. But that's also the reason I don't want to go to an actual hypnotist for it. I'm really not open to being in a state of mind where I can take suggestions to my subconscious so easily. Because I realize that some harm can be done this way.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have been trying astral projection through hypnosis for the last few months. I was sucessful once but it did not last long. The vibrations have a habit of kicking me out of my trance and I have trouble getting my head out. I am getting better though.

I think by this time next year it will be easy. You have to be very presistant. I tried for 2 months before I got my first sucess and it has been another 3 since but I am still trying.

Hypnosis works better for me than any other method I have tried. The dream thing does not work for me at all though I still try that every night before sleep but hypnosis has helped me so much and yes I have lost some weight from it too.

I learned from an article on wiki how.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Thank you for the post. So you are trying self-hypnosis to do this? and it's working?

I find Self-Hypnosis is personally hard for me, but if it's effective, I think I'll give it a shot again.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Akherousia

I posted a thread about some of the stuff I learned when I first started doing self hypno. Once you make yourself believe that it will work and it is easy self hypno is fine.

Once go under I put myself n a sleep paralisis type state. That seems to help me stay in the trance when the vibrations start. Before I started telling myself I could not move my body I would jump or roll out of the bed. The vibrations were scarry i thought they were a siezure the first time. I hear people say once they start your home free but it feels like being shocked almost to me. When they start it is hard for me to hold.

Caveman, I think that is his user name has a podcast and great thread on this. I got better results after listening to him and he does not do hypno he does a lucid dreaming thing where he wakes up then goes right back to sleep, look it up I borrowed a lot of things that work for me from him.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Akherousia

You might also want to check out the below site

betterlifewithhypnosis.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hypnosis is such a mighty weapon.
Even if I never achieved astral projection (I'm working hard on it :@@
, I think it could somehow be achieved, but be careful about the intentions of the guy who posted the videos, since he could get any ideas he wants in your mind...

new topics

top topics

join