It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dungeon Siege Players (PC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Who has or has played Dungeon Siege? I did a search and saw Morbid was the only one to list owning it.

I need some info on bugs.

I borrowed a copy probably a couple years old and am saved about 12 hours into game play (a week of gaming) and now every which way I turn crashes the computer.

It's been happening alot...overheating, etc. as I do have laptop issues...but now at these two ICE DEMON thingies...every time I kill them the game freezes.

I'm downloading some old patch from dungeonsiege.com but it's a 2 hour DL from dial up and I'm doubtful that's my problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?

FYI - I would normally let it go, but it's a DAMN good game. I love the video view of the traditional RPG. I've got 8 bad ass characters, all built up with specialties and loaded with magic swag.

I'm going to finish this somehow.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I played it when it first came out and had no problems with it at all. If you are having crashes, you may need to load the latest patch / download (Dungeon Siege Update v1.11.1462) which you can get from here

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm an hour or two into downloading that now. Stupid slow dial up. :shk:

But I'm scared that's not the problem. I have ALOT of gaming issues with my laptop...overheating and such.

I guess I just wanted to bitch.

It's painful. I've played non-stop for a week, now it crashes 30 seconds after loading a saved game. I hate that.

So did you like DS? I love it so far. I want to get more games like it. Any recommendations?

I'm off to rescue the Mage after the town of Gyworn in the Ice forest about now. What am I about half through?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
latest drivers for you video card?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
latest drivers for you video card?

That sounds plausible.

I've had to download alot of patches for overheating. But when I go to the COMPAQ site it's overwhelming...thousands of patches. I have no clue what to do.

I'm a feeb. Out of warranty. Yadda, yadda. If the DS patch doesn't do it, I may know someone that can help me.

Thanks for the suggestion Lysergic.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
in my exprience the most common problems for video games can be, lastest drivers for sound and video, latest version of direct x, and make sure no non vital programs are running in the background...

thousands of patches? eh? compaq sucketh?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Stupid MicroSoft.

That "patch" gave me "voice" errors and now all my saved games are gone.

I'm reinstalling the original CD now, but what's the point?

I'll have to start over, and just freeze again when I get halfway.

See this is why I can't have or do anything.

Kharma. I must have been Hitler in my former life.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
hmm, i could dl DS sometime, I never beat it...

right now getting diablo2 and the expansion, thinking about making a hardcore chr for fun...

i shall fight any l33t korean there is

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I finally beat it. The video problems just required me to save every five minutes and shut down every fifteen for a cool down.

So 60 hours of game play took two weeks.

Good game though. I'm sad it's over. The bosses were a let down though it says I can take my latest saved characters into the multi-player and online worlds.

Anyone doing that from here? Sounds cool, but I've never done it. I'm assuming it's not free. Need a credit card?

Also, what other games are like DS? Waiting for DS2 here.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I played the original Baldur's Gate series (BG, BG:Shadows of Amn and BG:Throne of Bhall). I must say I preferred them basically because the gameplay was longer. I didn't get a chance to try Neverwinter Nights though because I came here and the computer I'm using now isn't as fast as my old one.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I've looked at BG a few times and almost bought it. I'll check it out.

Obviously I haven't played any RPG's in years, so I was pretty blown away by DS. The camera and worlds and formation/fight controls were sweet.

It was just a little too much game for my PC.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
yeah I've been having trouble with dungeon seige, I've got a long way into the game but now it won't let me load up my most recent save, I always keep a couple of saves on the go incase I muck up and want to go back a bit, but there's no point me loading them cause any new save won't work, guess I'll have to try a patch and see if it solves the problem.
I love RPGs , I too have played the balders gate series, and neverwinter nights too, I've also got neverwinter nights-shadows of undrentide, gothic II, icewind dale and dungeon seige-legends of aranna to get around to. All birthday and christmas presents that I've had no time for because I've been all wrapped up in ATS.

top topics

join