It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
An estimated 10-15% of the worlds muslims support radical islam, and death upon all non-believers. Getting rather crazy when a group of radical muslims can stand on the streets of London yelling "JIHAD!"

There are 10 videos of a documentary named Obsession: Radical Islam's war against the west.

Also, let me just state that I do not have anything about the majority of muslims, the moderate muslims. But the middle-east is feeding their young with propaganda supporting Jihad against the west.

I do advice you to watch all the vids, having a combined length of about an hour. Watching the first few clips will give you a pretty decent summary of what's going on though.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yes ,although many muslims are as equaly disgusted and appalled as everyone else by the words and actions of these people, its worth pointing out that the British broadsheet newspaper 'The Times' has reported that as many as 'fifty' per cent of British mosques may now be under hardline,fanatic deobandi control:

Almost half of Britain’s mosques are under the control of a hardline Islamic sect whose leading preacher loathes Western values and has called on Muslims to “shed blood” for Allah, an investigation by The Times has found.

Riyadh ul Haq, who supports armed jihad and preaches contempt for Jews, Christians and Hindus, is in line to become the spiritual leader of the Deobandi sect in Britain. The ultra-conservative movement, which gave birth to the Taleban in Afghanistan, now runs more than 600 of Britain’s 1,350 mosques, according to a police report seen by The Times.

Seventeen of Britain’s 26 Islamic seminaries are run by Deobandis and they produce 80 per cent of home-trained Muslim clerics. Many had their studies funded by local education authority grants. The sect, which has significant representation on the Muslim Council of Britain, is at its strongest in the towns and cities of the Midlands and northern England.

Figures supplied to The Times by the Lancashire Council of Mosques reveal that 59 of the 75 mosques in five towns – Blackburn, Bolton, Preston, Oldham and Burnley – are Deobandi-run.

A commentator on religious radicalism in Pakistan, where Deobandis wield significant political influence, told The Times that “blind ignorance” on the part of the Government in Britain had allowed the Deobandis to become the dominant voice of Islam in Britain’s mosques.

Khaled Ahmed said: “The UK has been ruined by the puritanism of the Deobandis. You’ve allowed the takeover of the mosques. You can’t run multiculturalism like that, because that’s a way of destroying yourself. In Britain, the Deobandi message has become even more extreme than it is in Pakistan. It’s mind-boggling.”

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The thing is though, I think we, with our foreign policies of bomb first, ask later, have handled this abysmally. We've only proved that the West is evil and needs to go.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
The thing is though, I think we, with our foreign policies of bomb first, ask later, have handled this abysmally. We've only proved that the West is evil and needs to go.

But are the foreign policies really 'ours'?
Wasn't Rockefeller a mayor force in establishing Israel?
Are they setting us all up for the final war / Armageddon?
Think about the latest atrocities in Gaza, surely they will add fuel to this fire...
while the leaders of both Israel and Hamas are safely watching the horror from the sidelines...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am curious about the moderate Muslims that have seen their religion hijacked. Where are the protests? Where are the attempts to make Islam less intolerant? Where are the Muslims who are against suicide bombings? Where in the world are the millions of Muslims who want to co-exist peacefully with other religions? Why have their voices not been heard? Is it because they don't exist? Are most Muslims are either radicalized or simply just "accepting" the "quirks" of their religion? Everyone wants to believe that Islam is peaceful, most especially Muslims, but look at places like Darfur, and it doesn't seem like that is the case. Please, peaceful Muslims, stand up and prove to the world that you are not about war and global conquest, please prove that you want to live in peace and harmony with all the religions of the world!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Should we mad about radical Islam in general or should we mad about our government policies/Constitution that allow radical Islam to prosper within Western societies?

I don't think radical Islamic would be screaming Jihad in the middle of London streets if policy didn't tolerate it.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Psynarchist

I did not mean that ours is necesarily the USA. The people you mentioned are part of "ours" in this context to be sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

If the news paper cannot even spell "Taliban" correctly i dont think it would be the best source to be quoting

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Look, there isn't a quick solution to this stuff. I realize that Islam in its modern day for is not anything close to what it was from its incepton. When Islam was prevalent in Spain, it was accepting of all religions and beliefs, and it certainly didn't treat women the way it does today.

However, like all of the Abrahamic religions, it suffers greatly because of its attitude. From what I can tell, all of the Abrahamic religions are of the impression that they are the "truthbearers." Obviously, from their actions, nothing could be further from the truth.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think Personally..i said Personally!!

We didn't bomb enough .

Who in today's day in time go around killing because my god is better than your god?
If your god want's you to take childrens life's in a cowardly manner such as suicide bomb's ect...and claim it make's them holy....Pshhhh piss on that!!

That's ignorance and apparently this religion must breed ignorance...look how many percentage wise think's it's Awesome to kill themselves killing westerner's.

Every country should ban the Muslim belief...or at least put law's on there religion.
Look at Waco Texas ..The man claimed he was Jesus or something they all lived in a compound..even had alot of gun's.
They wiped them off the earth...killed everyone.

Even the Mormon had to have law's placed on them here in the united state's...wanting to have 40 wife's basically.

Remember that guy drawed a cartoon of Muhammad..the Muslim burn church's of Christians...killed every non Muslim westerner they could find in that one country.
A Dang cartoon they didn't even draw cost them there life's!!!!!

all religions need stricter laws put upon them not just Muslim....so stupid crap like what we are going through with the Muslim belief Does not happen again.

Right now what would we as American's call a religion that is starting out..
If you speak ill of it or against it..they kill you or your children....and it was on the corner of your street...
What would you call it?

Now that you answered that question correctly.....Why in sam hill do you people Coward to this bs.

I know if muslim's got in front of the county courthouse here in my county screaming jihad!!!!!.
Every redneck in 100 miles would come to make sure they didn't go spouting there mouth's again ..i can assure you that.

Maybe that's why i never saw a radical Muslim around my state

[edit on 28-2-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

Look at Waco Texas ..The man claimed he was Jesus or something they all lived in a compound..even had alot of gun's.
They wiped them off the earth...killed everyone.

I suppose that you think that's a great thing, eh?
I suggest you research what actually happened in Waco before you start singing praises about what the governemnt did. You do realize that the government hasn't, to this very day, conclusively proven a single allegation against David Koresh and the Branch Davidians, don't you? Not a single one!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

My point is they did far less wrong what the Muslim religion has done to every country in the world.

Deaths after deaths for jihad ..
And we cry dont kill them....thats my point.
P.s i wouldn't hurt a soul..just saying in general.

why are some religion's ok to kill..but we allow and allow muslims to keep doing it.
This some are good some are not ..is a cop out man.

The religion breeds hate or 10 to 15% wouldn't want to kill westerners for no reason other than to appease there god.

Thats my point on waco man.
Not hat they was bad or good...But i know dang sure 100% they was not nearly .01% as bad as the Muslims in general.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am appalled by the attitudes of radical muslims, radical christians and radical zionists. They are among the core reasons we are currently in the mess we're in.... the radical muslims who attacked our nation... the radical christians who thought it be their business to police the world and individuals of their personal rights, the christian raidicals who though it be right to invade Iraq in part because "its the all evil nation in the bible" and the zionists who feel it be their right to kick out palestinians off their land they had occupied centuries prior... and the radical muslims within the Palestinian movement who feel it necessary to kill all jews for their "rights".

The issue here is not radical islam or radical christianity or radical judism... the issue here is radical religion and if we are to confront one of the extremes we would have to confront the extremes of the others because all are players in the current instability we find ourselves world today, in particular in the middle east.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

That is without a doubt my friend. There certainly is a double standard there. Of course, we also have to realize that we are dealing with a much greater numberof people. There is no quick solution to the radical Islam without the death of millions of innocence.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Its true there is no quick fix to any of this, the amount of deprogramming that needs to happen is massive and to be honest at this point I don't see it happening at all without the massive confrontation kicking off between the existing nations.

I want to find a better solution but I just cant conceive of a way to actually make it happen no matter how much I try.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

What complete nonsense, from beginning to end! I wish there was a negative button for this kind of drivel!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beltha
An estimated 10-15% of the worlds muslims support radical islam, and death upon all non-believers.

Estimated by who? Define "non-believer."

Getting rather crazy when a group of radical muslims can stand on the streets of London yelling "JIHAD!"

Yelling "struggle" (jihad) makes them a radical? When did simply saying a word make someone a radical?

There are 10 videos of a documentary named Obsession: Radical Islam's war against the west.

Is there a video called "Obession: The West's war on anything non-conforming to Western rule"?

You can trace many if not all the major problems in the Middle East to Western meddling, including radical Islam. Thanks to the West, Wahabism took over Saudi Arabia and all moderate belief systems were forced to take a back seat.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
To weed out radical Islamic requires the help of non radical Muslims...

Preach to them dude you know you got what the kuran say's is wrong you know that right.

The bible say's a EYE for a EYE.
You don;t see baptist protestant ect... running around cutting people's eye's out.
Have you?

So apparently the non radical's tend to favor radical Muslim's because it still make's there god +1 with a BULLET so to speak.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Lets face it, we are at war with Islamic and Muslim extremists. We didn't start this war but it is time that we finish it. I therefore agree with the person who said that we haven't yet dropped enough bombs. These people understand only one thing - VIOLENCE.
I find it interesting that the US and by extension the whole western world has not "WON" a war since we stopped targeting the populace.
For proof of that fact just look at WWII. We targeted the cities of our enemies and finally brought the war to an end. There is no question that dropping the nuclear bombs on Japan ultimately saved many 1000's of American lives.
In Viet Nam we were not allowed to bomb downtown Hanoi into oblivion because there was a LOT of American money at stake there and look what happened; 58,209 Americans died for our efforts.
If we are going to fight a war, any war, we MUST fight it to win it.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There is a concern with this line of "radical muslim" fear mongering-- it unfairly aligns the millions in the Arab world who are disgusted with our completely destructive and counter-prouctive US foreign policy with a very small core of active terrorists (too many of whom with links to our own or foreign intelligence agencies-- pick your acronym-- CIA, NSA, Mossad, etc).

Tens of millions of non-muslim people are equally disgusted with imperialism-- does that make them terrorist sympathizers as well? Polemic "us versus them" propaganda serves little purpose, other than to dehumanize the supposed enemy in order to more readily kill them. Most of us know the nefarious 'PTB' would probably like nothing more than us plebs at one anothers' throats over such matters. Anti-Western or anti-Muslim propaganda-- it's all just someone with an agenda trying to sell you something. Just remember, regardless of which symphony is playing, the maestro leads the music.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join