It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Look….*Listen*: iPod, iPhone, iTunes…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The "i" is a homophone word for the word "eye".

That's a word which sounds like another word but spelled differently. Like 'there', 'their', 'they're', etc.

Get it, Eye / i ?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6f52ad6978b.jpg[/atsimg]

Even this conspiracy video forum called "BBC5.tv" understands this important concept and plays with it:
eyePlayer

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eac268ec8c86.png[/atsimg]

Since Apple wants to know EVERYTHING about what you listen to, videos you watch, places you go, it makes sense they chose AT&T to be their EXCLUSIVE carrier for the eyePhone. This is the same at&t that is smack dab in he middle of the scandle of helping the NSA spy on American's communications with one another.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50fe2ee09445.jpg[/atsimg]

Not a major revelation, for sure. But it's something to think about. Every time you hear someone talk about their cool knew iWhatever, you know what the "i" stands for.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09cb52e49aae.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have an old iPac Pocket PC that was put out by HP, does this interfere with your Apple theory?

The i_____ line by Apple was a marketing concept that started with the iMac. The "i" stands for integrated. The concept of the idea was a line of products that would be interconnected to various parts of an electronic consumer's life.

In other words, a combination marketing and business plan to bring Apple back into being a more valuable company. Comparing even current stock values to IBM, Cisco, HP, Dell, Microsoft and other tech stocks would seem to indicate that it has worked well.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I have an old iPac Pocket PC that was put out by HP, does this interfere with your Apple theory?

Not at all. Why would it?

The i_____ line by Apple was a marketing concept that started with the iMac. The "i" stands for integrated. The concept of the idea was a line of products that would be interconnected to various parts of an electronic consumer's life.

Care to share with a link where you got that information? I've searched high and low, to no avail. Or, are you just making that up?

The rest of what you said is all well and good, but the causality of the "i" being the reason of their success is just your opinion. They could have named those products differently and they still would have been successful. The iPhone is doing horribly in Japan, so perhaps their success is based on a cultural focus of technological expectations rather than naming conventions?

But I digress. The fact remains that they chose "i" not for one product (like your iPac Pocket PC example). Not "my", not "u", not "me", not "a". They chose "i", the only single letter in the alphabet whose homophone is "EYE". You can chalk it up to coincidence, but I don't believe in coincidence when it lines up with the other points I made in my OP.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Conspiracy!

Follow with me now :

You have a Stormtrooper avatar. As do I.

You have an old iPac pocket pc...

SO DO I. (as well as my fiance in the next room who is currently whooping rebel butt on Battlefront Online.)

So either iPacs are just standard issue for the Empire, or...omg!

Oh man...

(you see what I'm getting at? we're doomed. DOOMED!)

[edit on 2/28/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

oh my goddddd!!!!! That is like so weird! gag me with a spoon! shoot me in the face! rip off all my clothes and dump me into space!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I love my iPod Touch. I don't care if big brother is spying on me. I understand that every work I type in this forum, my e-mail, and the Google Seach box is being indexed in some quasi government/corprate computer server.

I have google desktop. I am sure that every document I have ever drafted has been indexed and properly accounted for the THEM.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
online article

Took me a whole 45 sec to find. But everything I said was from memory as I was subscribed to both MacWorld and MacUser at the time they announced the business plan after the original egg shaped iMac was released. Like most of Jobs's ideas, it sounded like a pipe dream at the time. Under the "digital lifestyle" idea. Apple was also trying to protect the i-anything naming scheme for future products.

Oddly enough that was about 4 years after the iMac.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

And here I always though of Macs as the darkside...mostly because I used them. But my argument was always from what Yoda said to Luke: Quicker, easier, more seductive. Well that and the Dark Side of the Mac screensaver.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
online article

Took me a whole 45 sec to find. But everything I said was from memory...

Ahabstar, you obviously didn't read the article you posted.

Had you read that article you would realize that it doesn't at all mention the reason for the "i" in their naming convention. The word "iMac" doesn't even appear in the article (let alone iPod, iTunes, nor iPhone), it only appears on that webpage in the "keywords" section.

If we can't even trust your observations about articles you post TODAY, how are we supposed to trust your memory about articles you think you read 7 years ago?

But I guess we are supposed to just trust your memory about the matter. You think you remember reading an article about it 7 years ago from either 1 of 2 magazines, but you can't be sure which.

Okay...are you sure? Until you come up with a link from an Apple Corporate source stating that the "i" stood for "integration", I'll just assume your memory is incorrect. You probably read an article by some long forgotten staff writer who hypothesized that the "i" stood for integration, and your memory is just conflating that conjecture as fact.

Remember, you have the power to prove me wrong, but you haven't done so yet. Good luck with that.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I agree with your assessment on the Mac.

Something about them just puts me on edge.

Up until this point it's been the brightly colored bubble icons and the entire interface...it just screams "don't think, just associate and produce" to me.

iPods the same way. I've long been joking about how "Pod People" will one day rule the earth in a happy, blissful, plugged in state of being.

While I can appreciate the designs of the hardware itself, and the tech involved - there's just something about the entire user interface that completey creeps me out.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I WORK FOR AT&T and i can verify that yes, AT&T is straight -up BIG BROTHER...when you read about Tavistock and RAND ( brainwashing for the NWO) you will definately find that AT&T is the LARGEST of the Rand clients..We are able to locate you WHEREVER you are and even have new features such as LOOPT (look it up) which other carriers have as well and LOOPT locates your friends and family...AT&T is sooo NWO designed!!!! WE basically are the NWO product pushers. So YES, the I in the I-phone and I-pod and Ipac and everything else is to CONDITION and acclimate you for CONSTANT SURVEILLANCE...Dig that

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
As far as iPhones go--I think your conclusions are way to DaVinci Code-esque and silly for reality--but will admit--or rather suggest you re-evalute a phone that NEVER goes off and that's a feature?

My father always told me you should never bring a cellphone with you unless the batteries out if there is something you want kept secret. If you do some internet searching you will find it is relatively easy to buy hardware to hijack cell phone signals, and compromise the phone. Don't be fooled-- there is no conspiracy here. This is the reality-- neither your cell phone nor your land line nor your computer is truly secure.

But, honestly-- even 2000 B.C. someone had the ear to the ground listening for the traitor in the next tent over-- so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If push comes to shove, and your in some Bourne Supremacy-esque situation, which none of ever will be. Ditch the cell phone, laptop, the credit cards-- grab a pair of sunglasses, some makeup, and an old car-- and don't boarder cross or fly-- that's just foolish. Privacy is a fallacy. Not a conspiracy. Besides, why would the illuminati or whoever place all these symbol in the outright? For fun? That's not what any logical uber-secret NWO would do is it?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I have to ask... in what possible way would it benefit Apple, the NSA, or really, anyone else... to know this information?

I mean... really. Who benefits?

top topics

join