It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl, 15, makes small fortune as prostitute

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It wouldn't be kids her age that paid her for sex. It would be 'dirty old men'. It would be unusual for a 15 year old to prefer having sex with much older men with money. It even goes against evolution. Therefore she must have felt she needed money bad enough that she needed to get that money by having sex with much older men. That's desperation!

Why would a 15 year old girl possibly need a lot of money for? The social conservatives in this thread who believe she didn't have issues, have issues. It is very likely she suffered verbal, physical or sexual abuse from her parents or a close relative, and/or she felt economic insecurity to the point she felt she needed to have a stash of money.

I think those who argue she did not have issues justify the actions of the older men, after all she entered into the arrangement voluntarily -- she didn't have issues. FuXX Off.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
You could also state that the culture of religion manipulates human behavior. The insistence of maintaining ones virginity until marriage is unnatural, marriage itself is also unnatural. Does it mean that that behavior is wrong?

I'm not sure where this "insistence" you speak of actually occurs. Are still talking about the UK? Something the girl in the article would have experienced? If not, it's too broad an issue for this thread, surely? I'm not going to start saying religion is right or wrong on a thread about a teenage prostitute from Tyneside as I can't see any direct relevance. For the average white British person - if this girl was a Muslim or Hindu &c. we'd have heard about this particular aspect by now - I'd have thought any kind of religious pressure was minimal or even negligible and perhaps certainly off-set by over cultural pressures.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

The only people who are ignorant are those parents who don't educate their children and don't know what their kids are up to and take no interest in their childrens life whatsoever. Unfortunately today this is becoming more common, simply because the last & current generation have no morals and take no responsibility for anything they do.

Wingman77 While I'm no fan of organised religion, it's blatantly obvious that todays society could do with some good old traditional christian family values. If society did, it wouldn't be in half the mess that it's currently in.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by kindred]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Why does everyone assume she must be troubled or something?

Can't people grasp the idea that most girls nowadays are whores?

A story like this doesn't surprise me. When I was about 16, there was a girl of 13 who had sex with 20+ year old men just for fun.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Wingman77 While I'm no fan of organised religion, it's blatantly obvious that todays society could do with some good old traditional christian family values. If society did, it wouldn't be in half the mess that it's currently in.

Yes, like stoning your daughter to death for having sex prior to marriage. Or how about killing non believers? The rule that states that if one's daughter is raped then the rapist must marry her and pay 20 pieces of silver to the father may also improve society. If you're going to follow a religion, please be consistent.

While prostitution may be practiced by people with psychological issues, it doesn't mean that it's unethical.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I personally know of a girl (sister of an ex of mine) here in the states who did this. I wont get into how I found out. It was me who found out. At 15, she started working as a prostitute by posting ads on Yahoo Personals (it used to be rather different back then). Most of her "clients" were older married men.

She looked older and told the men she was older. She made thousands and thousands of dollars. Saved it all and moved out of her parent's house at 18 and started paying for college on her own. And now is an up and coming tattoo artist in the LA area.

When I caught her, I told her brother because it is just very dangerous for a child to be doing this. And I cared about her. Him (the brother, my boyfriend at the time) and his parents confronted her. However, I have no idea when she stopped.

Its dangerous enough for an adult woman to do it, but a child (yes a teen is still a child) - this is just NO place for them. Having sex with boys from school is one thing. Meeting up with strange men in hotel rooms with NOBODY knowing what you are doing or where you are is a completely different thing and is BAD and DANGEROUS. She told me of a few incidents where she thought she would not get out alive.

So PLEASE nobody compare a child being a prostitute to normal sexual activity that happens between first loves during the high school years. They are NOT the same.

She seems to have her life together and is an incredible artist (as most tattoo artists are), but really has no respect for herself at all.

[edit on 3/2/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Im from Sunderland and thats about a 10 min drive away and this is the first ive heard of this, thanks for bringing it to light, poor lass

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Wow, at 15... I wonder what this poor girl has been through. I thought it was pretty normal for a girl in Australia to be sexually active at that age, but at the same time I doubt any of her 'clients' were under 16. That would make it legal right? Or is the legal age 18 there?

I mean, not the prostituting thing, but... Anyway.

I wonder what will happen with the cash she earned since that seems to be the part that caught the most attention. (£14,000 ($A30,641))
"The court decided the cash should be forfeited to the authorities. " ??????? Poor girl.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: typo

[edit on 28-2-2009 by LostNemesis]

So they are basically making her have all that sex for free with over aged men ?
dont' get it. how about use that money for her benefit to atleast educate her on the dangers of what she is doing or somthing .

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
reply to post by virgthevoice

I kinda wonder what she was saving up for too, but hey it's not really the world's business...

this is very true... at least her identity is not "out there" so that she has to live with this forever, aside from within herself I mean

and to respond to this...

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Why does everyone assume she must be troubled or something?

Can't people grasp the idea that most girls nowadays are whores?

as I said before, anyone who does something like that, especially at 15, is troubled, period. at the very least morally troubled. and most girls nowadays are whores?
no wonder you posted anonymously, making a statement like that. if you truly believe that, then you're just as confused as she is, morally.

(edit because I clicked too soon)

[edit on 7-3-2009 by virgthevoice]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join