It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat Is Offline Due To Stoner Idiots

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

This was undoubtedly, unequivocally, the single best post in this thread, and perhaps, in recent ATS times. Pat on the back to you.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks man.

Have a good one

wZn

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I just tried to log onto chat and got an "unregistered guest" or "user name does not exist" message.
Does that mean I'm in the KOC? (Kick Out Club). Or do I have to have 500 posts as of chats re-opening?
And for the record, I've been drug free since July 7, 1982, 2:30 p.m.
Any ex addict out there will understand my specificity of the time and date.
Turning points, as we seem to be having here.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

yeah you don't have enough posts.
2nd line

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Seems to me you are stereotyping all stoners to be idiots. I take great offense. For someone who posts and sends memos about civility and decorum, you sure have a lot of thinking to do. Just another &#(*head CEO.

Since this post will most likely be booted, and I will be terminated, I suppose the same should be done to the CEO because he did the exact same thing I just did. Way to set an example and raise the bar.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by SpadeofAces]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If I called a group of people idiots I would get banned again.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpadeofAces
Seems to me you are stereotyping all stoners to be idiots

No. Just the ones who thought it fun to play games. The logs are forthcoming, we'll have a complete list soon enough.

And yes... I became angry, frustrated, pissed, fed-up, irritated, and more... and still am.

Imagine being the one person in charge of a 5-server cluster of machines that runs this place to the tune of 5 terabytes of monthly bandwidth and a 10 gigabyte database that averages 107 queries per second. Imagine being the one person, who after 4 weeks of server and code modifications to launch a free unlimited bandwidth media portal, still has a long list of code corrections and updates to make. Imagine being the one person who's cell phone is tied to the health of our servers and often rings at odd-hours with various problems. Imagine being the one person tracking, organizing, optimizing, fixing, deleting, reviewing, and shuffling the advertising that keeps enough revenue flowing to ensure this website continues to operate. (There's 15 or 20 more things that will just bore you.) And imagine my reaction over childish stoner idiots who just want to screw around and add to that daily all-day workload. Sure... I'm going to be less than kind.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I hope you get paid with more than your revenue from ATS apparel.

=\

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DocGonzo

Love the idea of an adult chat. But surely this makes too much sense to even consider?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord...

You look amazingly similiar to this guy I was in jail with lol. You wouldn't happen to have really long hair would you? I think last name was Garcia?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I know times are tough... but dude... you need an assistant.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

Lol what a weird question to ask.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr

So basically what you are saying is that because you dont make any money on chat and the conversations seemed to offend your delicate sensibilities you have discontinued it. Is that the jist of it. Awesome, this website just keeps getting better and better..... Free speech is rapidly going the way of the dodo,even on the Web.
Maybe you should create a list of what we CAN talk about here.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by spookjr]

I for one HATE when I go to a live chat and it's about sex and drugs and NOT the topic stated. This happened with the Dexter chat and it pissed me off. I want to discuss real topics with real mature adults and the stoners always seem to ruin it. I dont want to go on a site and listen to how high one got or how they had sex it's annoying and rude! This is why I very rarely use live chats because they always turn out to be crap! If I want to chat with someone now I give them my sn and it's much better that way. Sorry dont mean to be snippy to you but try and look at it from another point of view.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Now that makes a little more sense. I wish you had explained your tedious work-load in your first post, which sounds absolutely unbearable. I would hate the internet calling me at 3:00A.M., or at anytime for that matter.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think you should change the title to "Chat is offline due to some stoner idiots".
Because its not right to alienate a whole group of people just because of what "some" people did. You wouldn't do that with a race or religion or what have you. eX: "Chat is offline due to christian idiots" that would cause a hail storm.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zmouse

Er... so he's being offensive to stoner idiots?

Seriously, he mentioned stoner idiots, not stoners in general.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Jeez, Bill. If anybody deserves to have a day of just getting freakin stoned, it's you, buddy! Just a day off, a beach chair, a bucket of Coronas and a fat doobie on the white sands of a deserted island is, honestly, what anyone could use after what you've described. Maybe an hour in the gym on the speedbag. Or a period or two of hockey.
You gotta let that shiznit out before the Missus finds ya on the floor twitching.
How about one of those "stores" that give you a room full of stuff and a baseball bat for $50.00?
Either way, I worry about your blood pressure.

What was it that Ralph Kramden would say?

"Pins and Needles,
Needles and Pins,
a happy man,
is a man who grins."

...yeah, didn't work for Ralphie-boy either.

Hang in there!
Cuhail

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Seems to me CHAT is so 90's anyway, and I'm sure there are other technologies that have taken it place anyway.

Why not look at some type of ATS IM with a little AJAX or something?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
All of you numbnuts who are complaining here need to take notice.

He isnt trying to ban anyone from talking about drugs and drug use because he is againt the act itself, he is doing it because having that kind of topic discussed on a site that THEY are legally liable for is apt to quickly bring down heat from law enforcement agencies of every variety, and also subject the ownership to lawsuit.

Bottom line, this aint the place for it. If you cant keep your personal habits to yourself and not F things up for eveyone then maybe you should consider finding another forum to post.

Its not rocket science and its simple enough a rhesus monkey could follow direction...DON"T TALK ABOUT ILLEGAL S*** ON ATS. If you cant master that or grasp such a simple concept then you deserve to be banned.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

LMAO, oh my gosh, I cannot believe what you just typed, it's wrong hahaha!

Bad...bad...bad!

...anyways, that really just bites chat is gone, I have'nt been there for a long time but, I wanted to visit soon!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join