It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat Is Offline Due To Stoner Idiots

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This was the spirit of chat . www.abovetopsecret.com... Was good fun and a big reason why Im even here now. This seems so unfair

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well faithful friends and....others....what an exciting day we have had. First drug talk is banned and now chat is locked down.....if one didn't know better one would think that there is dissent in the ATS camp.....

Before I make a comment that will incur some wrath from either side of the argument may I ask a question to SO or any of our enlightened mods......do these comments not strike in stark contrast to the very founding principles of ATS?

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

We make no money from chat. In fact, it costs us a monthly fee to maintain. To see some member purposefully trample on the free service we provide is exceptionally frustrating to the point of anger.

I have no idea when or if we'll decide to revive chat.

Originally posted by Heike

If we ever get chat back, you better watch out for me because next go round I'll be taking names and keeping logs and not give a rat's tail what you think of me because of it.

I maybe just paranoid but I feel that these questions need to be asked.....as a closing thoughts friends, let us start our timers.....how long will this remain an open thread....

Peace through power brothers and Sisters....

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
reply to post by jibeho

Are you directing this bold post at all the marijuana users that frequent this site, or, just the "Stoners" who screwed up chat for you?

I reaaaaaalllllyyyy want to know.

Please answer honestly.

Cuhail

First, I don't use the chat.
Second, I am directing this toward all of the marijuana users that refuse to understand and accept the policies of the site owner. This is a free enterprise web site. Those who don't agree with the policies need to move on. It is a rather simple concept really.

That being said, there are occasional marijuana users and there are Potheads/Stoners.
IMO the potheads are the abusers of marijuana just like an alcoholic abuses his spirit of choice. The potheads can't function in life without being stoned and mellow. I had a lot of friends in college that eventually became potheads and would rather get baked than graduate. I also had friends that smoked a little every now and then. There was a big difference between them.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Raven, I think he's more specifically talking about errr, not sure if I'm suppose to mention names, but he does deserve the fall for it.

N. Tesla

And Raven, he just so happens to be one of your best friends! XD

Anyways, yeah. I'd suggest instating you as a moderator Raven! I've never seen you disobey the chat T&C!

XD

Anyways. Ravenshadow for the win!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Thanks you stoner idiots...

Chat was a great resource for members to get to know one another outside of specific discussions on the board.

I've made many friends from visiting chat and will miss it, should it not come back.

Now maybe a few will understand why I pushed the T&C's so hard in chat.

It was a great resource. You are right. It was a place to get to know members in a less formal environment and a chance to be able to talk in real time.

I am dissapointed that a few have ruined it for all. Hopefully one day those few will get there act together and we will have chat back again.

I am thankful that I have always had a mod around for the very few times that I came close to the line, and i am thankful that they have helped me make sure I dont cross said line.

I have never talked about drugs here on ATS that I can recall and I am glad the mods and staff are trying their best to keep ATS as the best alternative topic disscussion site on the net.

I hope one day we can get chat back but fully understand why we may not...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
drug users are always the same, shady not working, or working jobs the a child can do and they tend to be loose canons like drinkers, republicans, and democrats I consider them all equally worthless.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I believe it is just that they have a target audience, which is something that every single media on earth has.

Now, if their target audience (i.e., it includes _family_) is something that does not generally want their children to see people on drugs or talk about drugs in an accepting way, they have _no choice_ but to close down chat. That is exactly because they cannot monitor chat.

I'm an adult so I understand this. I also smoke every once in a while, but that's it. Yet, I have no problem if I cannot talk about it in every single place on earth. Some places simply deny that freedom, and it is ok because there is a ton of places online where it is acceptable.

Some of you are propably just too young or do not know what it is to run a business with a target audience. You should propably read a bit about how a business is managed and advertised and then tell ATS to allow talk about drugs.

Think about it. What if it was allowed and some bonehead went on with a theory that '___' allows contact with extraterrestials and some teenager somewhere believes it. Now what happens is that this teenager uses '___' and goes to psychosis (it is possible, although I know VERY WELL it is also extremely rare). Now happens that parents figure out why, and ATS gets sued _because_ they have family as target audience.

It is as simple as that. Grow up a little. I don't like it but that is how this world works. If you want to change laws, you'll have to go and make yourself a career in politics or vote for persons who want drugs legal. Its your only two reasonable choices.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Perhaps we can ban talking about guns too ...

and religion ...

and alcohol (which is a drug) ...

and yoga positions ....

Why not just ban the offenders?

Seems a bit drastic - are people complaining about drug chat in particular or is this just to appease your advertisers ?

the land of the fee

wZn

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nods . I have noticed that A lot of my old friends who were in chat a lot are now Mods. It really is a vibrant part of ATS and should not be just abandoned. Its helped build this site behind the scenes in ways that may not always be clear to all. (I really believe this) Please think long and hard before doing something that may literally kill this fine site .

[edit on 26-2-2009 by bluemooone2]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

If I could star your post I would.
Second verse... same as the first.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
LOL this is funny.

It's SOOO IRONIC it makes me laugh.

The only reason people were talking about drugs was because of these new rules, if you tell people NOT to talk about drugs, then of course they will complain, then everyone goes into chat and talks about drugs, lol.

Tell people not to talk about drugs, and you WILL get the opposite.

For example look at this thread! It's ALL about drugs, look at the other thread, pages and pages ALL about drugs.

We are talking MORE about drugs than EVER before on this website lol.

Very ironic lol.

Oh well, life is funny.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wethesheeple
reply to post by jibeho

No offense to you but your an idiot. Burger King....Really? I didn't know that was the stoner hangout lol. Anyway good job generalizing. Get a life.

No offense taken. Perhaps you wouldn't have called me an idiot if I mentioned Taco Bell. Oops. Did I just generalize again? The stoners I knew in college seemed to hang out at both restaurants when they suddenly became hungry. Wendy's too. In those days Wendy's still had the all you can eat Super Bar.

"Get a Life" Hmmm... Stoners aren't very witty.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

You have a lot of what if scenarios. I can do that too.

What if a kid reads a thread about an astroid on a collison course with Earth and he kills himself?

What if someone else reads a thread about Aliens taking over the world, so the reader moves to Antarctica in fear of enslavement and is eaten by a polar bear?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Again more generalizing.... When did I say I was a stoner? I'll give you a hint never because I don't smoke nice try though

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

LOL your examples are a little bit extreme haha.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

Just having a little fun mixed with a dose of reality. I am glad that you aren't a stoner. Being a stoner is certainly not a resume builder.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yeah I agree. At one time well....not for ATS but anyway I started up a small business with some people. No time for that anymore. And I apologize if I came across as rude.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

funny how yo mention me. when its you everyday in there preaching the benefits of whatever that it is that your on that day.

it'd be funny if it wasn't so stupid.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join