It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush charging $150,000 and private jet travel for speeches.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Bush charging $150,000 and private jet travel for speeches.

thinkprogress.org

President George W. Bush may have left office with a historically bad 22% approval rating, but he’s still eager to impart his wisdom — for $150,000 a speech.

The former president will charge that hefty fee per pep talk — plus first-class or private jet transport for four — when he hits the lecture circuit next month with stopovers in Canada, the U.S. and other spots around the globe, sources told The News.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
And in these "educating speeches", The Decider will impart his wisdom on how to:

*Take a budget surplus, and turn it into the largest deficit in history...

*Circumvent domestic and International law, signing off on illegal wiretapping and spying of your own countrymen while simultaniously running the most secretive and sneaky administration in history, suspending habeas corpus, approving of torture and kidnapping, starting a special interest war based on nothing but lies and BS, amongst other beauties...

And stacking the justice department with all of your cronies so that no one will hold you accountable for all of your crimes...

The biggest shocker of all regarding this is that there are actually TAKERS who will pay this criminal thug to speak...

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-2-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You know - just because you don't see the value in it doesn't mean someone else won't.

If you don't think an ex-president is worth 150 large then don't pay him. That simple.

Don't hire him to speak at you next catered event.

Sit in judgement much?

Dorian Soran

PS The great dick-tator ( Bill Clinton ) gets paid too - so I should go around saying he only speaks about slobbing on intern?

Expand your mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
How many shoes may you throw at him for that amount?

Just asking...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Fricken Tom Daschle gets paid six figures to give speeches. If customers are going to pay stupid amounts I don't blame the ex-pols for cashing in.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Apart from a few dirty jokes, what the hell is he gonna talk about?

He could hardly string a coherent sentence together without a teleprompter and earpiece when he was Prez. I can see people asking for a refund.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Bush only sets the asking price. Its the people that pay who determine the actual value by paying or not paying him.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Who in their right mind would pay Bush that kind of money and travel expenses???? The guy is a moron who never had a job until he became president.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
there are indeed people making more with speeches.

sadly almost all of them are written by others.

and I doubt 150K is much if you estimate how much security he needs from shoe throwers.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

No sign of partisan-ship in your post. Lol. When the republicans are shown up as criminals, strategy=attack Clinton! Yawn.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic

and I doubt 150K is much if you estimate how much security he needs from shoe throwers.

The US taxpayer pays for his security.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
Who in their right mind would pay Bush that kind of money and travel expenses???? The guy is a moron who never had a job until he became president.

It's a pay-off for previous services-rendered. Blair gets the same. He's making millions now.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I breathed a sigh of relief, when he left office. I would be happy if I NEVER heard him again. He was alway down right painful to listen to.

BTW after 8 years, Clinton still gets 250K i believe.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

It's a pay-off for previous services-rendered. Blair gets the same. He's making millions now.

A payoff for screwing the country over?? I guess the old adage is right, the less you know the more you make.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think we all should be more worried about Government paying 30 million dollars for a rat in Pelosi's district, and now millions of dollars for "tattoo removal" along with 7000 other earmarks in the latest spending bill du juor, than worring about what a private organization decides to pay a former President to speak.

But this was a great excuse as any to start another Bush-bashing thread! I wonder how many will applaud the percentage of this fee Bush will donate to charity?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So, he's charging about the same as Clinton.

This just seems to be what ex Presidents do to pass the time.

Charge their old buddies big bucks to give a little speech.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Surprised this was even news worthy!

All EX presidents usually do this after they are out of office.

Kind of surprises me though that he actually has groups willing to pay to hear a "speech" from him though!

I'm sure most of it will be about how he helped our country
and how he "SHOULD" be remembered as a "great" leader in history!

After all, that's all he seemed to be worried about at the end of his presidency.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Really? Ivy League education, Governor of Texas not a real job?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Kind of like when President Clinton is paid $millions to trash talk the US overseas?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic

The US taxpayer pays for his security.

As we do for every President -even when Carter goes to the Middle East to trash Israel and the US. I'll wager my house Obama's security tab will be more than double President Bush's.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join