It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate to announce investigation of torture under Bush, senators say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oh wow, this is totally awesome, justice might actually be served yay!!!!!!

Got it out of my system. Ok, we all know nothing is going to happen. No point in getting excited over something that will fizzle away. If anything, some people will be supoenad and they won't show up and nothing will happen to them.

Could this whole thing be away to make us not pay as much attention to the economy? Or is the economic meltdown a way to take our minoff of bush and co and how we are all getting screwed even more so by the government?

[edit on 2/25/2009 by Finn1916]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

There is plentiful evidence that Bush made false statements. Under U.S. Code : Title 18 : Section 1001, Bush should receive 5 years for each count.

It is a fact that Bush authorized illegal surveillance of US citizens. Under U.S. Code : Title 50 : Section 1809, Bush should receive 5 years for each of his 45 illegal authorizations. Moreover, there is now sufficient evidence that Bush ordered torture that in some instances resulted in death. Under U.S. Code : Title 18 : Section 2441, Bush should receive a penalty of death.

Since all of these crimes are on record, including numerous admissions made in public, this is an open and shut case. We certainly do not need the “truth commission” to subvert justice by immunizing criminals.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I COMPLETELY AGREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to see a petition signed by millions of Americans and sent to the Obama asking that those guilty of these charges, get their day in court.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by jhill76

Go ahead and get your hopes up.

You Bush bashers need to let go and realize that your greatest dream will never come true. If it did happen, don't you think that we would have to investigate every President and prosecute them if torture was done under their watch?

I garuntee that there is a terroist right now being tortured by someone from the US. You going to go after Obama now?

Let's take torture out of the equation for a minute.
What about the ILLEGAL WIRETPAPING bush APPROVED?

I used to like bush but he became corrupt. He listened to the wrong people including cheney and now he, cheney and several other admin. officials are CRIMINALS and should be prosecuted.

If a president is above the law, then we don't have a democracy and the CONSTITUTION becomes null and void. Are you OK with that?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I do believe torture has been going on indefinately, especially during times like World war 2, vietnam and Iraq.

After all, no one has denied sending prisoners to places like Saudi, Pakistan etc etc.

Also, the US has stated over and over waterboarding is not torture, and there is no set rule defining it as such, i do consider it a method of torture but its the same loop hole that allowed white phosperous to be used.

Obama, im coming to realise has a knack for talking, he's like Clinton.
He can look you in the eye and say
'' I am not here! '' - ( thankyou comedian )

This Senate investigation will find nothing, and Bush will simply be given a '' double jeopardy '' surrounding.

If the US was legitimate in prosecuting, they would:

- Investigate the 2000/2004 election results
- Investigate pre 911 intel
- Investigate post 911 intel
- Investigate Cheney's energy meetings
- Investigate the IRAQ WAR intel
- Investigate the IRAQ WAR Propoganda machine
- Investigate the spying on Americans
- Investigate the re-writing of the constituion
- Investigate the economic packages given to Bankers

out of all the things the world has come to realise was nothing but a corporate charade, they focus on the use of water boarding a few people in cuba.

... yeah, this sounds legitimate.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The Senate Judiciary Committee could announce a hearing to consider various plans to probe allegations of torture as early as today
What I see is a beginning of a long process. Note " a hearing to consider various plans". Make work project for some lucky party members.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Originally posted by jd140
You Bush bashers need to let go and realize that your greatest dream will never come true. If it did happen, don't you think that we would have to investigate every President and prosecute them if torture was done under their watch?

So your attitude towards the possible illegal actions of a President is: since others before Bush did it, why should we start holding Presidents accountable now? Way to uphold the law and defend the Constitution...

Hey... wait a minute, aren't you one of the people that in this thread are applauding a soldier for challenging Obama's natural born status?

I guess your notion of defending the law and Constitution depends on who is/was in power. I don't think that qualifies as patriotism.

Sorry but when did I defend him? I gave my opinion on why he thought he would have done it. I don't think it is right and do not condone going AWOL or refusing a direct order, unless of course that order is illegal.

Please do not question my Patriotism, I have served under 3 Presidents so far. Alot of good times and alot of bad ones, but I serve during the bad ones as if they are good ones.

What have you done that qualifies you to question my patriotism?

And no, my stance is if we are going to start enforcing the law then we should bring all that are guilty up on charges. I just think that we should spread the wealth.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The "Decider" is going to be investigated for breaking laws??? I thought he was THE "godfather"?? How could this be?? If the truth were to ever come out about his abuses the past eight years, he'd be thrown under the jail not put in one! Also somebody needs to check on the executive sealed 900 page documents referencing 9-11?? Can somebody spell c-o-v-e-r- u-p big time......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join