It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gloomly Predictions for 2009! [A Must See Possibly of our Economic Future]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Gloomy Predictions for 2009

America

The new year is going to bring major suffering to the US economy and society. On the one hand, the Bank Panic of 2008, started in and by America, will continue to ravage the recessional economy. On the other hand, large swaths of the American demographic, who voted for Obama, are expecting miracles that the US government simply can not provide.

As industry after industry lines up for government handouts and large scale money printing to meet those demands escalates, the depressionary bought will, by mid year, turn into a raging inflationary bonfire. Savings will disappear over night. Add to this continued mass layoffs that will reach another 2 to 3 million people, and an unofficial unemployment rate of 15%+ (official US statistics are so doctored as to make them worthless), a series of wars that will continue to drain lives and treasure and the dashed hopes of tens of millions and the US is in for a very hot and horrid summer.

The article speaks for itself. Please click on the link and read the whole thing before posting a comment.

I for one have seen this supposed "Summer of Hell" on many predictions websites. Not just web bot sights but also economic leaders websites!

The predictions for America are almost exactly spot on with what we here on ATS have been saying for the last few years. More so the last 2 months. With the Stimulus Bill that was passed earlier this month, people have huge, horribly high hopes for it to succeed.

But this is the real world. Pumping Trillions upon trillions of dollars into the global economy can only create inflation.
Inflation's meaning as stated by wikipedia.com is: a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time. The term "inflation" once referred to increases in the money supply (monetary inflation.)

Monetary Inflation is: the term used by some economists to differentiate direct inflation in the money supply (or debasement of the means of exchange) from price inflation which they view as a result or necessary outcome of the former. Originally "inflation" was used to refer simply to monetary inflation, whereas in present usage it often refers to price inflation.
Please feel free to read the entire wikipedia pages as they offer great insight into our global economics.

When inflation happens people have to spend more to feed and shelter their families. Causing the tightening of budgets and the lost of interest in spending for what they cannot afford.
As we have seen with our current state of affairs that when people do not spend ->
Businesses do not make enough money -->
Which leads to a loss in profits --->
Which then also leads to an unneeded workforce ---->
Then layoffs! The ultimate loss in spending power.

In this infinite circle of loss, adding more money to the economic market is a horribly bad thing to do!

While this is only covering 2 paragraphs of the entire article. I implore you to read the entire thing and submit your opinions and ideas to this thread. I am very interested in the current EU market, which is also covered in the article.

Thank you for reading!
Tentickles

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

That's pretty worrisome. I have a book I'm reading right now called "The Next 100 Years: A Forecast for the 21st Century.

www.amazon.com...

Anyway, while it doesn't necessarily focus on the economy, it does discuss changes to occur and some of the stuff mentioned in that article are mentioned in that book. The book is written by George Friedman. He's an intelligence officer and a political analyst. So to see that information in two places is kind of scary.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Yes, the information is becoming more widely read and the ability to read and understand it is more wide as well with people actively living though this type of mess.

I'll look into the book when I get a chance. As with most people though my money is getting more tight so I dont know if I'll actually buy the book or not.

More likely I'll visit Boarders Books and just sit in the store reading though the book. Plus 1 to book stores for not packaging books.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well batten down the hatches. Things are not going to be good. They are off in America though, this story comes from Pravada, I think we are looking at Civil War here, maybe even revolution.

Gun and ammo sales are through the roof, people are not just buying all this stuff to merely 'survive'.

It makes me question the rest of the article too. For some reason if Pakistan goes into all out civil war I highly doubt the islamofascist will stop until they get a hold of one nuke.

I'm afraid things might be much worse than what this says.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yes the Pakistani government has is coming this year. Not only will they deal with war but with people looking to find and grow their own food it will cause possible revolts against the governments.

Note that this is happening all over the world already. Citizens are protesting their countries economic status and at the moment they are peaceful protest, but once things start to get worse... oh boy!

I'll add a small prediction here. By mid March to late April, the world will notice more protests and reactions to the inability of the Stimulus Plans, which have been passed by law makers all over the world, to help with their situations.

People today expect results and nothing will come of these Bills/Packages.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
First.. this comes from a Russian newspaper that isnt much renown for guess what will happen in future.. they said already some things that were complete BS..
Second, the extent of guess that there is on that text is humorous.. i had a few laughs already..
I would believe more if they keep it more simple, and not went for detailed descriptions as the poland one.. That depends on too many factors thats impossible to guess..
And more.. look at this citation:

Unbelievably, Saakashvili will continue to cling to power through the first half of the year. Under Washington's prodding, in early spring, he will relaunch the war and than be removed in a coup by his former allies.

.. this is not guess on FACTS.. this is just prediction based on some kid who likes Tom Clancys Games

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Picao84]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picao84
First.. this comes from a Russian newspaper that isnt much renown for guess what will happen in future.. they said already some things that were complete BS..
Second, the extent of guess that there is on that text is humorous.. i had a few laughs already..
I would believe more if they keep it more simple, and not went for detailed descriptions as the poland one.. That depends on too many factors thats impossible to guess

At the moment it is better than American and British News Papers and as all people know not all predictions are going to come true. The amount of information in this one article is quite a a lot. Therefore some might happen some might not.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Information?? This is not information! This is mere SPECULATION.. and bad one i might add..
David Icke has more credibility than this.. At least he has sources and what he does is sum 1+1..

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Ok.. this one i can believe.. its realistic and makes sense to the knowledge we have.. and doesnt have so many "small details" as others..

China is in for an era of major instability. The 100,000+ factories that closed in 2008 will be followed by as many in 2009. The Chinese domestic consumption market is just to small to suck up more than 20% of the production it presently has. China will be further weakened by the hyper inflating dollar. Friction will come between China and America in late summer, when it will become obvious to China that the US is hyper inflating its way out of the US debt that China holds, making its investments worthless. In response, China will nationalize all US factories on the main land.
This act will at once bankrupt dozens of US companies and further crash the already chronically ill American economy and it will force a trade war on the US that may force it to bring some production back in, once the equipment can be replaced.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Picao84]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picao84

Information?? This is not information! This is mere SPECULATION.. and bad one i might add..
David Icke has more credibility than this.. At least he has sources and what he does is sum 1+1..

Please sir! Calm down sir! Sir? SIR?! Calm down Sir!

It's not that hard to link what is said in this article to what is happening in real life. I am an observer of our economy and this is a pretty interesting article if you look at it from many different perspectives.
There is the possibility it can happen, or it doesnt happen, or even a variation of it happens.

If you look into the future and try to predict what might happen it's all guessing and speculation, so do you need a source to predict the future? It's pretty hard to get a newspaper article from the future.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Im calm

It is just that there are so many ridiculous stuff on that text.. As i said in previous post there are some believable things there.. As you say related to economic issues.. But those arent that hard to predict..
But that shouldnt be mixed with lots of nosense

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Picao84

ha, I see you got my reference! Great.

I completely understand where youre coming from. I don't believe or think some of the things said in the article will come to, but it's always a good idea to discuss them.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Im sorry but that article is complete pro Russia propaganda nonsense. I see that you are focusing on what it says about the US but when you read the rest, you should see that it is exaggerating and sensationalizing speculation.

Every country that has ever scorned Russia in a big way is said to be collapsing.. while Russia will emerge as a cornerstone of the Global economy.. when in reality, Russia is in as bad a state as every other country.

Germany who is Russia's only real western friend is said to be becoming the leader of the EU

It is true that the US is one of the worlds worst affected economies but Pravada is also known for its bias rubbish so don't take it too much to heart.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Yes I know it is from Russia and a little bit biased toward it, but it is still good to read such things and ponder the possibilities.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

and an unofficial unemployment rate of 15%

Nothing of great importance to add but I just had to say that I have lived in places that have an official unemployment rate that is somewhat low/average. But if you actually live there you can see that it is actually much higher. Illinois and Missouri are two of the places that are bad for this. They have very high unemployment. In Illinois, if you dont live in the Chicago area, you dont exists...Illinois is all about Chicago. I unfortunately grew up in a small town in Southern Illinois that had an unemployment rate of roughly about 20-25%. This town wasn't a one horse town but had nearly 6,000 people within the city limits at the time. I stayed in St. Louis Misery...Missouri for a little over a year and the way they make their employment numbers low (as do many other places) is by making all of the non-medical, lawer, teacher, government jobs part time. When I say all I mean 90% of the jobs are part time. Two people splitting a ful time job can significly cut the unemployment numbers. Yes, two people are technically not unemployed, but you cant survive on part time and even the part time jobs are very hard to come by in that area. I was unemployed for over a year and had applied for literally hundreds of jobs, (seriously, i would apply for 10-20 jobs a week) in the whole time I lived there I only received four calls for interviews that went no where.

When union workers die in the STL area they leave their jobs to their children in their wills.

Id like to also add that my post was basically just saying that The US has some of its own propaganda to.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Yes I know it is from Russia and a little bit biased toward it, but it is still good to read such things and ponder the possibilities.

I know.. its good open your mind and ponder these things. But to dwell on them is where we run into difficulties

In fairness though, someone really needs to tell that Pravada crowd where to go.. the are so Anti West, its starting to get a bit annoying. Probably time for me to start ignoring them altogether

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hmmmmm

None of this happened....

top topics

join