It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to be a Mason, What do I do.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
i want to go to the highest level, im up for anything at this point. I want to be one because I feel I was born to be one and one of the strongest at that. I cant say too much but some signs have showed me when I was growing up. Now I feel that is where I wanna be and I need to be there asap.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If you really want to be a free mason, the best way is to look for friends or relatives who are already free masons as they will need to know you personally for some time to be able to propose and second you to join a lodge. The first and most important question that you will be asked before joining is whether you believe in God….If you don’t then forget about joining and please don’t say yes just because you want to join cause then you will not enjoy it. The only requirement for you to be a free mason is that you believe in God and nothing more, doesn’t matter what religion you believe in or what is the color of your skin.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

A belief in a Supreme Being is not the only requirement. There are quite a few...

In order to become a Mason, a candidate must:
- Be male
- Have a belief in a Supreme Being
- Be over 21 years of age
- Be naturally charitable
- Not be wanting to join for personal gain financially or career-wise.
- Join of one's own free will and accord, unbiased by the solicitation of friends or masons against one's own inclination (which means that nobody can ever be invited - you have to ask to join)
- Have a favorable opinion of the institution
- Have a general desire for knowledge
- Have no criminal record or current criminal charges against him

If any one of the above are missing, the person cannot become a Mason.

[edit on 25/2/2009 by Saurus]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Thanks for that. I just wanted to stress on the fact that you need to believe in God being most important and of course all the other you mentioned.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I meet all of the requirements so what next?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daiedi
How do I get in?

Um, since this thread is posted under the 'Secret Societies' forum, I would imagine that one cannot just be a 'Mason' because it's supposed to be a 'secret' fraternity or something like that. My point is that perhaps you get invited 'secretly'. I dunno.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by homage

Step 1: Find a Mason and tell him you want to join. If you do not know one, find your nearest lodge and go there before a meeting, when the Masons are arriving at the lodge. Alternatively, write to your nearest lodge, and they will call you back, or simply phone the secretary yourself.

Step 2: You will need two character references of Masons who have known you for a while. In order to meet this requirement, you will be invited to attend a BBQ or dinner or function where they will meet you informally, and get to know you. Here, you may ask anything you want to know about Freemasonry, and you will get honest answers.

Step 3: After they feel that they know you well enough (probably after about two visits), they will give you a petition (application form), which you fill in and return to your lodge.

Step 4: After your application form, you will have a formal interview (normally comprised of a few members on this year's committee) where they will meet with you and find out whether or not you meet all the requirements I have listed in my previous post. They will also chat to your wife (if applicable) to make sure that she does not have a problem with you joining. Masonry does not like causing family problems. Support of your immediate family is important, and you can be sure the committee will want to chat to them.

Step 5: Your application is read out in the lodge, together with the opinion of the committee as to your suitability as a candidate. The secretary will normally check up to make sure that you have no criminal record.

Step 6: At the following meeting, the lodge will ballot for you. Unless somebody knows of a valid reason why you should not become a Mason, the lodge will almost always accept the recommendation of the committee.

Step 7: You will need to pay joining fees (varies from lodge to lodge, but normally quite affordable.) You will be initiated at the next free meeting.

All in all, you can expect this process to take about six months.

This is the exact route that I took three years ago (I found the number of the secretary of my lodge, and simply phoned, introduced myself, and stated that I was interested in becoming a Mason.) After my initial phone call, I was really surprised at the warm reception I received. Every step was explained to me, and I felt welcomed from the very first phone call.

The most important guideline I can give you as a prospective candidate is to show enthusiasm. The fact that you make the effort to find a local lodge and phone and talk to the secretary indicates that you are serious about Masonry. Joining requires a bit of effort, and this effort is almost always rewarded.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

Um, since this thread is posted under the 'Secret Societies' forum, I would imagine that one cannot just be a 'Mason' because it's supposed to be a 'secret' fraternity or something like that. My point is that perhaps you get invited 'secretly'. I dunno.

Actually, it's really easy to get into Masonry, as has been stated a few times. People just really enjoy conspiracy theories.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxxJClarkxxx
I hope you realize what you're doing.

Why anyone would volunteer to be part of a multigenerational system of repression is beyond me.

My late grandfather was a Mason, and I dont appreciate that! Where are your facts?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

One can never be invited. In the Entered Apprentice ceremony, you have to declare at least three times that you joined of your own free will and accord. It is a non-negotiable requirement for initiation.

There is an important Masonic reason for this, and the very first question an Entered Apprentice is ever asked (before he can take the second degree) gives the reason for this requirement.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
My late grandfather was a Mason, and I dont appreciate that! Where are your facts?

I'm not going to disrespect anybody's family...and I never said that there are NOT Masons who are good and decent folk. I know one or two Scientologists that are actually quite agreeable.

It's possible that they just don't know they are essentially part and parcel of a system that has been silently pulling the strings of society for hundreds of years.

I look at Masonry like I see the Catholic Church or any other society that endeavors to keep its machinations secret. The lower levels may be quite benign in their execution, and may be totally unaware that the upper levels are using them to nefarious ends they won't ever see or understand.

But this is veering off topic with respect to the OP. I'd say that the guy wanting to be a Mason had better keep his eyes open and recognize the warning signs before they become too internalized and he's just another predictive-programmed functionary.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxxJClarkxxx
I'd say that the guy wanting to be a Mason had better keep his eyes open and recognize the warning signs...

Would you be so kind as to list these "warning signs" for the prospective candidate?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
Would you be so kind as to list these "warning signs" for the prospective candidate?

Are child eating, goat worshipping and societal manipulation a warning sign or would they fall under 'secret machinations'?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xxxJClarkxxx

Here are some questions for you to ponder while you smugly sit there and accuse masons of world domination.

If there was a secret agenda to manipulate mankind, or do anything other than what the masons on ATS claim, don't you think somebody would have spilled the beans by now? How long does a "low level" mason need to be involved before he is let in on the super secret stuff? What constitues a High level mason? If you don't trust a low level mason because he doesn't know what the real deal is, and you don't trust a high level mason because he would lie to you, how is it that you are getting your information? Lastly, do you think it's possible that the people who are giving you your information may be telling you an untruth to make their cams seem a bit more fantastic?

I look forward you the incredible insight I am sure you will give on these questions.

Sincerely,

Mike
(Low level 3rd degree porch mason, 32nd degree scottish rite porch mason)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You people are getting off of the subject, Im lost and I want knowledge so Im asking for help to become a Mason.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Daiedi

do you know anyone who is a mason? If you aren't sure, go to the lodge in your town and talk to the brothers there. You probably do know a few and just don't know it yet. Not every mason wears a ring. If you know one it will make the process a little quicker. Once you turn in your pettition, an investigating commitee will contact you and visit with you. They are just looking to make sure you are who you say you are. As long as you are a good person without a criminal past and you beileve in a higher power, you should have no problems. Just be yourself and ask any question you have, no matter what you think the brothers might think. That way you will not be disillusioned. And if you have any questions or need help along the way just ask. I or any brother here would be happy to help in any way. Good luck on your journey. Sorry to derail the thread earlier. It was not my intention.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
RESEARCH!!!!!!, but hey this is the way for un esotericly edjucated.
You must ASK ONE TO BE ONE.
The entire system of belife is based on free will.
Line 4

and my grammar is horrible
Line 6

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I appreciate that Network Dude

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i think masonry is a facade like the offshoots in colleges called fraternaties. Its in my mind a facade that the kings of the world invented to have a psychological connection between them and the other useless eaters. Masons are happy and feel welcome yes maybe, but they are deceiving themselves based on that i think, masonry may not be bad on the surface, but it provides a NON DEMOCRATIC influence on government whether they so they dont. Which i dont buy that. Im not anti masonry, im anti evil which seems to stem from the designs and structures which are built to resonate such energy.

Ive been offered as other family memebers, and i drunkenly went on about these feelings of which i was asked nicely to stop so..

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
Masons are happy and feel welcome yes maybe, but they are deceiving themselves based on that i think,

Let me see if I understand you correctly;

I am happy but I am really deceiving myself and, in actuality are not happy. Please explain how a person can be happy but not know that they are in reality unhappy.

masonry may not be bad on the surface, but it provides a NON DEMOCRATIC influence on government whether they so they dont.

How do individuals attending a bi-monthly meeting of a charitable instituion somehow sway or influence the federal government or the people who elected the same.

Im not anti masonry, im anti evil which seems to stem from the designs and structures which are built to resonate such energy.

I am anti-evil as well. Do you want to know my defiention of evil? Ignorance.

Ive been offered as other family memebers, and i drunkenly went on about these feelings of which i was asked nicely to stop so..

What exactly were you offered whilst in an intoxicated state?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join