It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to be a Mason, What do I do.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

Bolded section is not true, if you are of proer stock they DO come and ask. My father was present when they came and asked his dad to head the lodge in their area. His forefathers had been members, but he had gone in to the military young and not joined after returning so they came to him.

Masons cannot solicit non-Masons to become members, much less to the head of the Lodge. In order to even qualify to become Master of the Lodge, the brother must have been a Mason long enough to know what he's becoming the leader of, be well skilled in the Work of the Lodge, and most Grand Lodges require him to have served at least one term as a Warden in the Lodge.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
One of the key landmarks of Masonry is that one seek to join of their own free will.

It would be a violation of one of the key founding principles of the organization to solicit membership....although, I'd wager many fathers probably "encourage" their sons into it...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

wise words spoken buy Tim the enchanted.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Excerpt from Chapter 29:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Bolded section is not true, if you are of proer stock they DO come and ask. My father was present when they came and asked his dad to head the lodge in their area. His forefathers had been members, but he had gone in to the military young and not joined after returning so they came to him.

My guess is that he was already a Mason (you may not have known it). It would be the only way that makes sense for him to be invited to join and 'head' another lodge.

To 'head' a lodge requires many years of experience, and requires the 'head' to have moved up the ladder by being in all of the the five offices offices below the Master for at least a year each. He must also know all of the ritual by heart, which even those with the best memories will take years to perfect.

Nobody can be asked to join by another Mason. It is just as unlikely for a Mason to invite somebody to join as for him to give away the secrets of Masonry. It simply will not happen. Non-masons do not always understand the reasons for this, because they do not know or understand the ritual.

If I really wanted my friend to join, I might tell him that I'm a Mason, give him a book or two to read, and leave the rest up to him. This is sometimes mistaken as an invite by a non-mason. But the fact remains - no Mason would EVER actually invite or ask someone to join.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
if possible join the rotary club, lots of masons in there can introduce you to freemasonry

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join