It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A member crying out: why am I contributing to ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The thread is about the T&C stance on recruitment threads...not other members.

Please return to the topic and file a complaint if you feel a member is out of line or my action was.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
No, but the OP is recruiting an activity that is not endorsed by the owners of Abovetopsecret.com

Really? So my call to plant tomatoes and cabbage -not endorsed by the owners- should have been closed and deleted as well.

Mods, please correct this blatent mistake, here is the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
Well, you can't.

You have to choose a side sooner or later.

I may choose a side. You may choose a side.

ATS does not and won't for the benefit of those who do.

There's the difference.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well, you can't.

You have to choose a side sooner or later.

you express your Views and opinions so others can see them
they (we) choose if we agree with them or not, you can take many of my topics/posts for example, most expressing my views on things which i disagree with.

by stating my views on them which gives others to see them from my prospective.

its better to express your views and get others to see them and choose,

there is a diffrence between recruiting and showing and expressing your views

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It is with a heavy heart I am posting this, as I really enjoy coming to this board, reading its topics and participating in the ongoing discussions.

Now I recently saw a great idea, shared by many, which was cut off short because of the T&C.

Now I ask all of you, seriously, what is the point in coming here if this kind of strict policies exist? What is to point devoting time and creativity to a board which seems only interested in protecting their income stream?

I have tried to tell the management about this all along. But I think you have a very valid point...I have stopped contributing as well because there is no reward for all of the hard work one puts into the boards.

I'm not even talking about monetary, but the ability to be recognized by having excellent work listed first by popularity as chosen by popular member vote would be a great idea for the site. The star and flag system doesn't work because it doesn't rise in listed order from those votes. if you like the old system keep it, but I for one would like the opportunity to vote posts and threads up or down. Only members would have this option, and only maybe 3 votes per thread.

As it is, why even bother!

Also notice there is no star and flag system for board business and questions. They don't want to listen to the people it seems.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TH3ON3]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
The fact is, everything you or I say on ATS is available for anyone to read. With technology today, I'm sure that someone out there knows exactly where I am typing this message from, and what my name is, and where I live. Sure, that's possible right?

At what point will anyone stop caring about that? The fact that you are implying that you are scared about someone finding out what your name is and where you live is a living testament for the fact that our current society is rotten to the core and destined for failure.

Everything that you or I post - can and will be linked back to us. This is an extreme way to look at it but: ATS is protecting you from the men in black suits and black suburbans, from knocking on your door, with a printout of your posts and saying the word "treason" in the same sentence as "you're name is _________ and you're being arrested under suspicion of".

Sick society. There are many great minds on here that could change all that if only they would promote themselves from keyboard warriors to activists. And no, I am not calling to action (yet)

I didn't read the thread - so I don't know what the subject was, or what was being brought to the table

The thread was not mine and it was about the american flag.

ATS remains a free site. And whether or not you agree, that it is for your protection, the rules are set in place for a reason.

Thanks for a sensible post. I do not agree with most of it, but thanks anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The issue has been addressed and explained in the past...

Why doesn't ATS allow "Activist" Recruiting?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
The issue has been addressed and explained in the past...

Not the issue of no meaningful reward for contribution. The board is floundering in a dead zone.

I will not again contribute until I see some form of recognition reward that actually means something.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
they never said it wasn't a dictatorship, it is. at least they're open about it, advertise their beliefs and explain the decisions made, usually.

most of the other CT boards just push the owners personal beliefs and SFA else, ATS just censors a few clearly stated things.

But they have Skeptic is always going on about how this site is so free and great, he hasnt come to terms that the rules are very strict and some of the best conspiracies out there are ignored on this site because of the rules.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I contribute to A.T.S. to feed algorithms to bot programs who will predict what happens when the poo hits the fan. And I like to read what some of these kooks think.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
I'm not even talking about monetary, but the ability to be recognized by having excellent work listed first by popularity as chosen by popular member vote would be a great idea for the site.

You should check out the front page of ATS. It has exactly what you're asking for. Recent threads with the most flags or replies get a front page link. They also get distributed in an email once or twice a month.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, I have had just about enough of this.

I just thank you all for all contributions to my posts and for inspiring me for the last three years and as active poster for almost a year.

All the best.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Not the issue of no meaningful reward for contribution. The board is floundering in a dead zone.

I will not again contribute until I see some form of recognition reward that actually means something.

The Kernel is late to the party again. I brought cheese to go with this whine. This is unfathomable. A free sire, ran extremely well and there is still complainers? Easy solution as I see it. Take your own money, make a site of your own and run it as you would. Problem solved. You're happy and the bandwidth here isn't wasted on the ungrateful.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

You aren't entitled to any kind of award. This is a website. This is a forum. This is not your job or your school. You aren't entitled to an award for good work or showing up daily. :shk:

You post here of your own free will and all that is asked of any of us is to follow the few rules that are put in place by the owners. I don't think that is too much to ask of us, especially seeing what we get access to for following those rules.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by TH3ON3

You aren't entitled to any kind of award. This is a website. This is a forum. This is not your job or your school. You aren't entitled to an award for good work or showing up daily. :shk:

You post here of your own free will and all that is asked of any of us is to follow the few rules that are put in place by the owners. I don't think that is too much to ask of us, especially seeing what we get access to for following those rules.

You have a profound sense for stating the obvious.

Thank you for your meaningful contribution.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

I hear you moon...I'm also with you buddy. I see not many more contributions from old veterans as well.

This site can expect to flounder unless and until they start actually listening to the users who are the one that make it profitable.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

Bye!

**By the way....the upside down avatar with the R.I.P....the link to this thread declaring you're leaving....

....looking for attention much?

[edit on 24-2-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

This site can expect to flounder unless and until they start actually listening to the users who are the one that make it profitable.

This site does more for the users than anywhere else on the internet for crying out loud!

Where have you been?

The detail of the site....the dedicated media hosting....podcasting and chat.....exclusive guests and interviews...

What more do you want?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Do you have a specific example of how you believe we're not listening?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

This site does more for the users than anywhere else on the internet for crying out loud!

What exactly do they do for you. A form of cheap therapy for the scared masses is all I see. We can get the fringe from any one of thousands of other websites on the internet. And some of then actually allow freedom of speech and expression without censor.

Besides, belonging to ATS is starting to label one as a kook imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join