It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need a spiritual leader for 2012 and beyond?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by universe attracts wisdom

Any person who comes out of the woodworks and claims to be a spiritual man of destiny is either 1. Insane or 2. a Phoney that wants a ton of money and dip#s like you to pay for it.

Also the Dalai Lama, which you made the comment spirituality has nothing to do with religion is infact, Buddist. So your wrong again. Also the Dalai Lama studied for years about his religion and didn't just "rise from the ashes".

Anything else?

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TNT13]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TNT13
Funny how you said "God my head hurts", I made my point and your clearly more religious then your stating.

Also here is a definition of Spirituality, in a narrow sense, concerns itself with matters of the spirit, a concept closely tied to religious belief and faith, a transcendent reality, or one or more deities. Spiritual matters are thus those matters regarding humankind's ultimate nature and meaning, not only as material biological organisms, but as beings with a unique relationship to that which is perceived to be beyond the bodily senses, time and the material world. Spirituality in this sense implies the mind-body dichotomy, which indicates a separation between the body and soul. But spirituality may also be about the development of the individual's inner life through specific practices.

So I suppose that definition has nothing to do with religion.

Next time look it up, I know it's hard to find things for a 12 year old to read but try.

Ya I'm wearing my ownage pants today.

If you find this all sooo funny, I really wonder what you wouldn't find funny

Grow up. This thread is not about religion so go somwhere where you can act childish and attack relgion. There is no point getting into dicussino with the height of your immaturity.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Any person who comes out of the woodworks and claims to be a spiritual man of destiny is either 1. Insane or 2. a Phoney that wants a ton of money and dip#s like you to pay for it.

Stop insulting people. The only one who is behaving insane and phoney is you. Your projecting all this lunacy yourself.

Also the Dalai Lama, which you made the comment spirituality has nothing to do with religion is infact, Buddist. So your wrong again. Also the Dalai Lama studied for years about his religion and didn't just "rise from the ashes".

Again this thread is NOT ABOUT RELIGION.
Buddism is alot to do with spirituality. Dalai Lama, is a well know spiritual leader. He doesn't just preach buddism. He's inspiring, gifted and has wisdom beyond his years. He is a role model for many spiritual people.

Anything else?

Wait, why areen't you laughing in this post? shocking.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Spirituality is not the same as religion Period. Religion is about dogma, centralized leadership and forced upon 'knowledge'. Everyone claiming to be spiritual and using those methods are religious. esoterism is, in a lot of aspects the antithesis of religion because Dogma, forced upon 'knowledge' and centralized leadership is non-existent. Where is exist it could be named a cult and when dogma gets in there it stops being spiritual/esoteric, imo. Spirituality in it's pure form is very hard to get organized because of it's scattered nature. It's a blessing and a curse.

And that is the reason spirituality doesn't need leaders. It could use some wise people, sure, but no leaders as they exist now.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I just shot everything you said down, don't cry about it and tell me this thread isn't about religion you clearly have to admit it is since the definition of spirituality says so. Thanks for your one line answers and the complete obviousness that you couldn't come up with anything else to say to me other then get lost I can't debate better then you. Thanks for the pick me up.

P.S. I'm laughing for you.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
All Indians.
No Chiefs.

-

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Finally exactly what I said in the first post(although not worded the same), Thank you Prevenge, thank you.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

I never claimed that Spirituality and Religion meant the same thing, I did however claim that they are intertwined, you cannot be religious if you aren't in some way spiritual, just like if your spiritual your not entirely void of religion you just may not practice any of the known ones.

the Definition again: Spirituality, in a narrow sense, concerns itself with matters of the spirit, a concept closely tied to religious belief and faith, a transcendent reality, or one or more deities. Spiritual matters are thus those matters regarding humankind's ultimate nature and meaning, not only as material biological organisms, but as beings with a unique relationship to that which is perceived to be beyond the bodily senses, time and the material world. Spirituality in this sense implies the mind-body dichotomy, which indicates a separation between the body and soul. But spirituality may also be about the development of the individual's inner life through specific practices.

That was also the point of my first post, that we need not leaders, just hold to your faith or hold to your morals the world will be fine.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Harman

I never claimed that Spirituality and Religion meant the same thing, I did however claim that they are intertwined, you cannot be religious if you aren't in some way spiritual, just like if your spiritual your not entirely void of religion you just may not practice any of the known ones.

Again your wrong.

I'm spiritualist, I i'm about as relgious as an die hard atheist. Incase you miss that. I'm not relgious.

So your opinion, is phoney.

Why are you still rabbiting about relgion. You are deliberately de railing the thread, with your immaturity and off topicness.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

So you don't belive in an afterlife????????? You asked for the definition, I provided it, if your incapable of reading it thats your problem. Says it right in the first sentence.... Rediculous how can you even be happy about what your writing?????

The definition proves that spirituality and religion are connected no matter what.

MORALITY ISN'T SPIRITUALITY!@!@!@!@!@!@!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TNT13

it doesn't have to be interwined.

I proved my point above. There are two different thing. You can interwine if you like. But it's choice. There is a big difference.

What is you purpose on this thread, other than de railing it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So you don't belive in an afterlife????????? You asked for the definition, I provided it, if your incapable of reading it thats your problem. Says it right in the first sentence.... Rediculous how can you even be happy about what your writing?????

The definition proves that spirituality and religion are connected no matter what.

MORALITY ISN'T SPIRITUALITY!@!@!@!@!@!@!

Connected on some levels, but so is everything on earth connected. God what the hell is your point here?

I could say the same about apples and bananas, both totally diifferent but still fruit. Topic over. Why go on about it.

A relgion is like control and power.
Something spiritualism is totally against.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Harman

the Definition again: Spirituality, in a narrow sense, concerns itself with matters of the spirit, a concept closely tied to religious belief and faith, a transcendent reality, or one or more deities. Spiritual matters are thus those matters regarding humankind's ultimate nature and meaning, not only as material biological organisms, but as beings with a unique relationship to that which is perceived to be beyond the bodily senses, time and the material world. Spirituality in this sense implies the mind-body dichotomy, which indicates a separation between the body and soul. But spirituality may also be about the development of the individual's inner life through specific practices.

Ok, then the definition is incomplete. Or wrong in my opinion, simple. Sprituality and religion have very different goals in mind with the spirit. The first one want's you to explore and get tangible proof of your potential, the other one wants you to hold back and devote your attention outside of yourself for protection.

It's like the difference of a umbrella and a three-story house for protection against rain. Religion being the umbrella. (imo ofcourse) A shoe and a wheel of a car have similarities, both are for ground-travel and most have a rubber souling, the similairities end there and they have different ways of coming somewhere. Hope you understand what i'm trying to say. Just because there are similarities doesnt make it similar in a whole.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

But both coninside in the instance that a spiritual man also dreams of an afterlife however different from religion that may be. An Atheist is not in anyway shape or form sritual and to call them this is falasy. The definition is out of the websters dictionary, although they are two different points of view they still coinside with the same final solution.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I'm derailing nothing, YOU ASKED FOR THE DEFINITION NOT ME, YOU PROPOSSED THAT THE TWO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER WHICH THE DEFINITION CLEARLY STATES THEY DO. ALSO IF YOU ARE INDEAD SPIRITUAL AND BELIEVE IN AN AFTERLIFE YOU ARE RELIGIOUS BUT YOUR NOT GLORIFIED BY THE RELIGIONS MAN HAS MADE. I AM ALSO A SPIRITUAL MAN BUT TO SAY YOUR SPIRITUAL AND YOU BELIEVE IN AN AFTERLIFE, AND IN THAT INSTANCE HAVE EXCEPTED THAT THERE MAY BE SOMETHING ELSE YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THEN ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS YAHOO MAYBE JUST A LOT MORE DUMB DOWNED. WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE ON THIS THREAD OTHER THEN TO OFFER UP ABSOLUTLEY NO FACTS TOWARD ANYTHING AND TRYING TO DEBUNK THE QUESTIONS YOU ASKED ME TO FIND AND APPARENTLY YOU CANNOT DEAL WITH THE ANSWERS I HAVE PROVIDED WHICH ARE ALL FACTUAL. NOW TAKE THOSE TRAINING WHEELS OFF AND ACTUAL GROW A PAIR AND LET US ALL KNOW WHAT YOUR OPINION HERE IS, BECAUSE THE GUY WHO POSTED THAT SPIRITUALITY ISN'T THE SAME AS RELIGION COMPLETELY DISAGREED WITH YOU ABOUT THE WORLD NEEDING LEADERS HE CLAIMED WE NEED NONE, JUST LIKE I DID. NOT WRITE YOUR ONE LINE POST AND SHOW THE WORLD YOUR INTELLIGENCE.

No your wrong. Basically your twisting it.

STOP IT

Now behave and listen. Before I make my pont clear, This is a verson of you ranting.

Earth is a planet
Venus is a planet
They are the same.

They are NOT THE SAME.

Now. This is my second tome repeating. I'm not religous. Relgious means you follow a partlcular religion or belief of a grouping.

That is the defenition of being relgious

Thi is not spiritualsim.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Do you have a problem reading I'd like you to quote from my works where exactly I say Religion and Spirtuality are EXACTLY the same thing????????? Do that and maybe I'll take you seriously otherwise conversation over, until you take some reading courses.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A meaningful topic such as the OP has raised should not be reduced to personal sniping. Please stay on topic and limit your comments to the topic at hand and not each other. Thank you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join