It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Scared Enough Now?????!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
When is enough enough??

How far is this fearmongering going to go?

Just how far do they intend to take the fear? Is this why we are subdued and quiet?
I am sick of the whole thing and i wish this were a nightmare, just a real bad nightmare from which i will wake up, make some coffee and all will really be ok.

I've just had it with the crap!!!

IVE HAD IT IVE HAD IT IVE HAD IT

WHAT CAN WE DO?????? Please dont say to write our Reps.
That would be a joke.

I cant even sleep anymore.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What are you referring to mate?

There's nothing to fear but fear itself.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
As far as i can tell, all the fear mongering is born out of sites like this.

I'm amazed and quite frankly a little saddened at how many people enjoy making up ridiculous stories that capitalise on other peoples fears.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well people need to toughen up. Then they won't get exploited so much.

Independant thought might be a good start, a little logic, some reasoning and above all a thicker skin.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Believe hes talking about all these god damn threads like, SAVE YOURSELF OR DIE!!! or DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM!! and this BS.

The truth is that WE are not in control and no one knows what the hell is happening. There is nothing we can really do. And so what if the world ends? We are all going to die eventually. If you live to survive you will only accomplish your own death. Life is a dream.

So what do we do? Just relax and do not worry about anything. There is nothing to worry about. Just live your life and most importantly have fun and spread the love. This world is your playground, just go out and have fun with your friends and with the world. Earth is here for us, she is not here to destroy us.

All this worrying and over thinking is something I tend to do alot, but what does that accomplish? Not a damn thing. Just dont worry about it. What ever happenes is out of your control. The most anyone can do is to simply experience what this life has to offer. Life is only an experience, so all that time wasted worrying in your head is only going to distract you from the beauty that is already here and all around you.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

link   
SO the world as it stands right now is

just a figment of my imagination???

Should i seek councel because i am ill?

link   
This is all planned and structured. It all fits together, and you can learn about it at escapeallthesethings.com if you are serious.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Greg,

I will go see what you're talking about. It better be good.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
As far as i can tell, all the fear mongering is born out of sites like this.

I'm amazed and quite frankly a little saddened at how many people enjoy making up ridiculous stories that capitalise on other peoples fears.
[edit on 24-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

capitalize in what currency??

ATS star-points??

oooh shiney new signature graphic ooooo //drool

-

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I think its more intricate than simply your imagination, but imagination kicks ass anyways so it would be pretty awsome if it was.

Dont spend your time in the dark trying to grasp at ghosts. Just saying that there is no need to worry about anything at all because this is just a ride. Have fun.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I hear ya DG...I have been watching this thing coming for a great while now but even as such I can say that I am about as uneasy right now as I have ever been.

Yes. Im worried! I am wondering how I will survive, how I will feed and protect my family, what the future holds.

I apologize for being so blunt, but anyone who isn't a little fearful right now is either clinically insane, horribly naive or entirely dense.

It doesn't mean I won't prepare, it doesnt mean that I have lost all hope, but how many in the last three generations have faced anything of this magnitude? We are heading into uncharted waters here.

Forgive me....but the prospect of mayhem, widespread death and abject poverty do not exactly appeal to me.

And for those of us down here near the bottom of the rung that is what we are likely facing.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
This is all planned and structured. It all fits together, and you can learn about it at escapeallthesethings.com if you are serious.

This is pretty much what I'm talking about.

Prevenge, it's not just for ATS points, the aforementioned site wants people to pay money to read the "truth"

Like I said, capitalising on the fear of others.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I don't know...being, "down here near the bottom rung..." means a lot less further to fall, to me. My fear has abated, and believe me, I was in a state of near panic at the beginning of the year. I have made enough preparations to give me a little time to think rationally, and plan, in the event of total collapse. What more can I do? One can NOT plan for every possible scenario that may unfold. These are troubled times...all the more reason to enjoy the time you have, to the fullest. Fear is a dark cloud that blocks the sunlight of the spirit...cautious awareness, now that is a smart thing right now. OBSERVE. If the cloud of fear isn't obscuring things, the right path will show itself...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Im not scared. Just confused

Like, should I care enough to be scared about what the ones on top want to do to the crowds?
Should I care enough about the sheeple to try to get them to open their eyes?

Or should I just think "eh whatever" and go on with my life living how I want to instead of trying to wake the zombies.

I mean things really are f'd up an I didn't need to find this website to know that. Everybodys worlds are distorted realities with unrealistic morals and closed minds.

But if I really did try to take action it would only be because I care about the futures of so many people that I don't even know.
But I realize I don't care what these idiots do wit themselves. I can live outside the line just fine. I don't need to make a better future for them. I can focus on making life better for myself.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious

This is pretty much what I'm talking about.

Prevenge, it's not just for ATS points, the aforementioned site wants people to pay money to read the "truth"

Like I said, capitalising on the fear of others.

so you're saying ATS capitalizes off of fear.

-

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Im not so worried for myself, I have lived a good life. I have had good times and decent prosperity. I have also been poorer than dirt so I know what it is like and I do not fear it. I worry more for family and friends and good people who just arent cut out for such harsh conditions. Women, children, the elderly, the handicapped and physically ill.

Not to mention the millions of people who are weak from living a soft lifestyle for so long.

Just think of the people in this country who will be left absolutely slack jawed and befuddled when the real bad times hit. Most people in this country can't even rememeber the last time they were truly hungry, if ever.

The world as we all know it is about to become a very scary and very brutal place.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Obviously it's not just ATS

But to answer your question, yes, some members of ATS are guilty of scare mongering.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

reply to post by prevenge

Obviously it's not just ATS

But to answer your question, yes, some members of ATS are guilty of scare mongering.

so your earlier comment .. and i'm not doing this to annoyingly nitpick.. your earlier comment was in essence stating that ATS capitalises INDIRECTLY ...UNINTENTIONALLY.. from the randomly occuring fear mongering of some visitors of this site...?

-

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
we may be faceing some really ruff times here soon, but I think once its all done with, it will be for the greater good.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
hi all,
so are you all talking about the world in general or are you talking about your own ideas on what is to come?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join