It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Scared Enough Now?????!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

My comment was "As far as i can tell, all the fear mongering is born out of sites like this."

In a way, yes ATS as a website capitalises on these sorts of things, the 2012 Forum is probably a good example of this.

Another example is this thread HERE which links to this site:
www.kindastrange.net...

A lowly Blog, yet people take it as gospel.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Black Ops,

I understand you very well, we think a lot alike. I think about the fact that my family is scattered all over, thousands of miles separating us, and when something goes wrong, and i do believe it will, by design, what am i going to do??
How am i going to cope?
Maybe i have had kind of an easy life, not rich or anything like that, but taken care of, and now those same people dont even believe this country is going in the crapper, they think Obama is going to save us when in fact, all signs point>>> to gloom and doom and further erosion of our liberties!!

And people, come on, if you think this is going to have a good ending, please, as they say, Denial is not a river....
Take a good look around.

just saying.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
These websites are not the responsible parties guilty of fearmongering, but are just a gauge of the voices of the peoples of the world. It is not what goes into ones body that makes them unclean but what comes out of ones body that makes them unclean, yet I have read through this thread and heard everyone's troublesome voices minus a few.

You come here to seek knowledge - to know. Some say we should deny ignorance, yet all along it has been said that man's wisdom is foolishness to God, and rightfully so. I have had the ability to follow any intellectual path in my life for the benefit of myself and my family yet I have always been called to follow the wisdom of the spirit.

Now that I can see clearly all that is going on and am not in the slightest bit worried about myself or the children of God for their welfare some people are starting to come around.

I went through everything that is happening in the world in my own life exactly 10 years ago, almost to the day. Most of the worries presented here are based on the need of the world and not of God. This is a calling out and for those who are in the book of life and nearest to God it will be easy. To those who are far away it will become difficult real fast, but this is your judgment.

The angels are present and carrying out this chastisement to reign in the new era, but amongst the confusion all you really need to do is ask your own inner self, who do you trust; the world or God?

Who is in charge? Are you still with me or are you going to sit around and worry some more about how big the world is and how everything is totally out of control and your own control. It never was, that was just an illusion.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
When is enough enough??

How far is this fearmongering going to go?

Just how far do they intend to take the fear? Is this why we are subdued and quiet?
I am sick of the whole thing and i wish this were a nightmare, just a real bad nightmare from which i will wake up, make some coffee and all will really be ok.

I've just had it with the crap!!!

IVE HAD IT IVE HAD IT IVE HAD IT

WHAT CAN WE DO?????? Please dont say to write our Reps.
That would be a joke.

I cant even sleep anymore.

Woah, calm down, calm down.

Think about what choices you have in life with a calm . and move forward.

You cannot worry for the world or you will just put the weight of the world on your shoulders and that is not a burden anyone can manage.

I do not know your circumstances but step outside the box for a second and actually evaluate what you fear and confront your problems with the question why.

You will soon find the answers unless you concentrate on the fear.

One more thing though, if you are going to go down the rabbit hole, make sure you do not stop until you find the answers you seek because if you walk away with half the understanding you will ruin your mind with worry if that makes sense. Nobody ever listened to a half finished symphony did they?

You will be surprised where it leads as I was.

Just a little tip.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Frankly Im so bored with life right now that I just hope something dramatic happenes. In 20 years are we still going to be fighting about politics and gossping about our best friend behind his back?

Probably sounds ignorent, but where is the adventure? Im sick of being a slave.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Over this summer I'd really like to learn gardening, hunting, and other survival skills. Maybe I'll figure out whether I can plant some food in nearby forests. I know dandelions are edible, and there are literally like a million of them on every block in many suburbs. I suppose they don't have a lot of calorie value.

I never really thought I'd have to pick up survival skills but we do have to plan for the worst. And obviously the worst is looking almost likely these days.

Maybe I'll subscribe to Netflix and order the survivor series as an educational tool
Or more seriously I do remember a survival show on the discovery channel but can't quite think of the name. This spring is certainly the time to start learning that stuff.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished... That will be the beginning. ~ Louis L'Amour

As the saying goes, it's always darkest before the dawn. It might seem like sheer folly at this point, but rather than spending one's spare cash on guns, ammunition, and food stocks... you might want to think of saving a bit of it back to invest in start up companies involved in biotech or robotics. Play the market, invest wisely.

If you could go back in time and invest in IBM, or Intel, or Microsoft, or Google back when they were first starting out in their formative years... would you? Of course you would, because you'd be rich beyond your wildest dreams right now if you could. This opportunity to get in on the ground floor of start-up companies which will be the IBMs and Microsofts of tomorrow is fleeting... and the risks are great... but if you don't panic, play your cards right, and do your research - this crisis could be an excellent chance to secure your future, and your children's future. Perhaps even your grandchildren's future.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join