It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Warfare?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My wife made me laugh when I told her that I didn't have enough shotgun ammo and needed to buy more

I guess she thinks 400 rounds is enough...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnet2000
My wife made me laugh when I told her that I didn't have enough shotgun ammo and needed to buy more

I would think you need to convince her that ammo is an investment in the future. Really,ammo could be the new standard of trade in this country ..soon...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Originally posted by mtnet2000

I would think you need to convince her that ammo is an investment in the future. Really,ammo could be the new standard of trade in this country ..soon...

Really, only 400 rounds? She is being shortsighted, tell her we told you its okay to buy shells by the case from now on.

Agree that it could be the new currency. I had a guy offer me $300 for 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 last night. Two months ago it was only $175 in my market.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Originally posted by SonyAD
I pity fly-over country redneck hicks and hillbillies.
Thick as the driveshafts on my car.

Due to terms and conditions I cannot say what I would like to, but I will say this, We hicks will be the ones helping you survive in the future, we will have the food. We have the ability to work from 3am till long after dark day in and day out. We have the real seed not the GMO terminator sheet. We know how to hold our ground and even the National Guard count on us to back them up in a pinch. We consider eachother and are not limited by small minded greed.

Thought I was the only person that works in the garden with flood lights.

Even though it seems that Arthur and Burt are constant companions I can't allow those bad boys to slow me down.

You do what you have to do come rain, shine, light or dark.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

What a bunch of bull...

Katrina showed the world all there is to know about redkneck hicks and hillbillies and the faux "Christians" that abound in the rural areas. Especially the retrograde southern states.

And just what to expect of the local peasantry during a purported "situation X."

Katrina showed the world that those who wait for "the authorities" to step in and help them might just have to wait forever.

Katrina showed us that "the authorities" really don't give a d@mn about anyone.

The US has historically been about self-reliance and self-sufficiency.

I recommend everyone stock up on as much of those as possible.

As for the cities crumbling... the buildings might be standing but about 2 hours after it is clear the food is no longer being delivered things will just start to get interesting. After missing 5 meals the average human will start to do anything to eat.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Many states are already delaying paychecks to employees and benefits to the welfare class. Imagine those who for generations have been conditioned to expect a living from the state suddenly deprived of sustenance. The cities will burn first, and then the suburbs. Those within a tank of gas of the cities will be the next target. The more rural and insular your area, the better off you will be in the short term. Of course those areas will be slower to recover as well. Long term planning people. Self sufficiency uber alles.

Unless God keeps a city, the watchman waketh in vain.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93

What a bunch of bull...

Katrina showed the world all there is to know about redkneck hicks and hillbillies and the faux "Christians" that abound in the rural areas. Especially the retrograde southern states.

And just what to expect of the local peasantry during a purported "situation X."

Katrina showed the world that those who wait for "the authorities" to step in and help them might just have to wait forever.

Katrina showed us that "the authorities" really don't give a d@mn about anyone.

The US has historically been about self-reliance and self-sufficiency.

I recommend everyone stock up on as much of those as possible.

As for the cities crumbling... the buildings might be standing but about 2 hours after it is clear the food is no longer being delivered things will just start to get interesting. After missing 5 meals the average human will start to do anything to eat.

I guess watching all of those Zombie movies and Night of the Living Dead series will come in handy.

We all know what not to do right?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I pity fly-over country redneck hicks and hillbillies.
Thick as the driveshafts on my car.

HA!

Can we hand out the Sit X Darwin Awards now?

This world isn't what it used to be, I am about to be one of those Rural dwellers and I have been prepping for it all year, no cubicle monkey knows how to survive or has the same kind of inner strength ...

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's a Communication Era... that's the real reason for a possible revolution, the End of the Industrial Era philosophies and functionality

I make more money on the net than 90% of my friends that remained in the city and get 10x the space for a lower price

The Cities are dead zones, economically, militarily and resource wise

It would be a nightmare to be an Urban dweller in a sit x scenario

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
All this talk about leaving the cities and moving and surviving off the land in whatever situation-x ( SitX ) is thrown our way is very entertaining to read .
Here in the UK we have cities, then towns, then villages then lastly farms. There is VERY little greenery that can actually support a mass of confused , scared and desparate people. The Government would try their hardest to support at least some of them ( oops, make that will try to look after the rich ) , but the rest of us wil have to fend for ourselves.
There is hardly any wildlife unless you count pigeons , squirrels and seagulls to class as food.

If an event was to happen, say either UFO invasion, imminent threat of nuclear attack on all major cities, you watch the people scoot to the uninhabited areas real quick.
They'd stand around wondering what to do, wondering who's going to help them. Then after a couple of days mooching around they'd start to head back into the towns.

There are a lot of foodstores in the cities and towns. A lot will be looted as people grab as many as they can , fights would start and people will be killed over a can of beans.
Sooner or later those stores will be empty, there will be people starving and dieing on the streets as they wander aound looking for food, spending more energy than they consume.

The ones that stocked up , ( and I'm one of them ) even thise reserves will run low and disappear soon enough, especially as your also trying to support family and friends and those of a likemind about SitX.
Eventually those farms that are still in production will be looted as people who wander in search of food will stumble across them and soon word of mouth gets out theres food there. Theres no way even a well loaded gun can stop a crowd of 20/30/40 people. unless you have guards posted with people you can trust.

It doesn't matter what weapons ,training or supplies you have against a crowd your only chance as a singular individual is to grab what you can and run.

The way it will go is people will flee the cities first as they are a more likely target or will be the centre of infection. ( whatever SitX it is ) then it is my intention should anything happen is to try and wait out the danger and head to town before the mobs get there, I'll do the looting first
I'll stay in my home as long as I can, and try to return there , as least I'll be comfortable.At least with my home we can fortify it fairly well as its in its own grounds , Its a block of flats / apartments ( for you Americans) .

Oh and there's ABSOLUTELY NO POINT trusting the Government to help you, They'll be looking after themselves first.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I pity those city folk and there fancy guns that think they can handle anything.

Just wait till they have to handle a redneck in a rural area with a good scoped 03 hunting rifle setting on a hill 500 feet away.

Most will never hear the shot that got them.

expesially the gang banger types that don't understand why they put sights on guns. or how to use them.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
reply to post by Death_Kron

I don't know how many of you read Soldier of Fortune magazine, but they have a section called the terrorism sitrep. It tells what has happened in various parts of the world involving terrorism and world events that affect the free nations. One section stated that the D.o.d. has warned of impending violence in the U.S. because the unemployment rate is still increasing.

Well also ppl went before congress and told them it was coming
and not because of the unemployment.

Ohio unorganized militia warns of coming 2nd revolution

This was mostly triggered due to the Assault Weapons ban I think.

Now the supreme court has voted on removing all guns from
all citizens.

The vote was 5 to 4 to adhere to the 2nd amendment.

Also let me make it perfectly clear I am not a member of a militia,
and I do not plan to participate in armed resistance unless my
life is danger.

Just call me the Bugout Chicken.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I pity those city folk and there fancy guns that think they can handle anything.

Just wait till they have to handle a redneck in a rural area with a good scoped 03 hunting rifle setting on a hill 500 feet away.

Most will never hear the shot that got them.

expesially the gang banger types that don't understand why they put sights on guns. or how to use them.

The .30-06 has an effective range of over 1,000 yards.

That is over half a mile, and why it is one of my weapons.

.30-06 performance

Big game hunters may have the .50 cal BMG, and that thing has a
range out past 2,200 meters.

A lot of places that sell .50 cal ammo are OUT of ammo.

When you go tooling around the country during your bugout,
you might carry a small white flag and pray to god they believe you.

Or something like this will happen to you.

.50 cal sniper shots in afghanistan

Yes, that WAS a human body, what flew thru the air is the scrambled
remains of said body.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
We have the ability to work from 3am till long after dark day in and day out.

Funny that you said that.

Rural areas in US have always had bigger unemployment then the rest, how many people do you personally know that live of of SSI and teach their kids to do the same

I'm gonna run away now

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join