It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Warfare?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hello all,

I started thinking before about the true reality of when SitX arrives considering the current global reccession, levels of unemployment, rise in violent crimes and home invasions, lack of government support and more I started to think once more...

We all seem to think that when SitX occurs its going to be simple, happy days get your BOB trek off to the mountains/hills/woods wherever, chill out there for a bit and then thats that.

Most people don't seem to take into account that when SitX does actually arrive your fellow citizens and neighbours are NOT going to be very nice, in fact they will probably want or feel the need to steal from you or take advantage of you.

As sad as it sounds I believe if SitX does kick off people will turn into animals and its going to be hard to survive. We don't usually look at things like this but in my oppinion its the truth.

Everyone has a survival instinct, not everyone can use it well but that makes the ones who can't dangerous; they will resort to violence, theft and worst to ensure they continue to live...

Ultimately they won't but that still makes it harder for us, so has anyone actually thought about their neighbours or the general population becoming feral and making your life that little bit harder ?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't worry about my neighbors.They are as prepared as I am. In general we are more worried by the thought of wandering hordes from the big cities. That's where real problems could start. For years I have heard city dwellers speak about how dumb and slow witted,we rural people are. How stupid we are for growing our own food,when all you really have to do is go to the store and buy what you need.

When the grocery trucks stop running,and the money is useless,these super intelligent city dwellers will head to where the food is. Granted most will suffer lead poison,trying to steal from those that have prepared. Some will even learn to coexist,and work together. Some will starve to death living in the cities,waiting for someone to save them.

I pity them all.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I pity fly-over country redneck hicks and hillbillies.
Thick as the driveshafts on my car.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonyAD

Id jump in a fox hole with one of them before any big city lemming..

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You can't be serious... you really aren't serious are you? I hope not. The cities will disintegrate very quickly if/when this happens. People who know the land will be the ones to survive.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Due to terms and conditions I cannot say what I would like to, but I will say this, We hicks will be the ones helping you survive in the future, we will have the food. We have the ability to work from 3am till long after dark day in and day out. We have the real seed not the GMO terminator sheet. We know how to hold our ground and even the National Guard count on us to back them up in a pinch. We consider eachother and are not limited by small minded greed.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I pity those people who think that their credit cards will be of any use to them if TSHTF. I prefer knowing how to grow/kill food over knowing how to walk to a store and buy it.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sweet av antar...seems we have a troll in this thread...dont waste your time on him...their time is coming

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What the hell is SitX? Situation X?

What the hell is Situation X? The oil crunch? That's a looong ways off. And even after oil runs out, we'll just switch back to coal. See the Fischer-Tropsch process:

en.wikipedia.org...

Anything else isn't really a cause of concern for me regarding the ones dear to me.

Originally posted by IamonlyhumanYou can't be serious... you really aren't serious are you? I hope not. The cities will disintegrate very quickly if/when this happens. People who know the land will be the ones to survive.
The cities will disintegrate? Literally, disintegrate concrete and steel?
What in God's name are you talking about? When are you talking about?

Originally posted by antarDue to terms and conditions I cannot say what I would like to, but I will say this, We hicks will be the ones helping you survive in the future, we will have the food. We have the ability to work from 3am till long after dark day in and day out. We have the real seed not the GMO terminator sheet. We know how to hold our ground and even the National Guard count on us to back them up in a pinch. We consider eachother and are not limited by small minded greed.
In the future? What future?

You mean, like you helped city folks during the last great depression? When you spat in His face by burning and destroying crops when destitute masses were starving?

Originally posted by AngelInterceptorI pity those people who think that their credit cards will be of any use to them if TSHTF. I prefer knowing how to grow/kill food over knowing how to walk to a store and buy it.
Sorry, never had, never used a credit card. Same goes for online banking. Multiple cashflow accounts and cash only. Or orders of payment, checks, whatever. I keep my most important savings in gold and real estate and my gold's glint's hidden from the sun and prying eyes.

TSHTF? Care to be a tad more specific, and I don't mean what the acronym means.

Originally posted by consciousdrum
Sweet av antar...seems we have a troll in this thread...dont waste your time on him...their time is coming
I only wish for you what you wish for me.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What the hell is SitX? Situation X?

What the hell is Situation X? The oil crunch? That's a looong ways off. And even after oil runs out, we'll just switch back to coal.

You're new to the site, so I'll try to be as helpful as possible. For a good referance of what SitX is here is a link to a sticky'd post in the forums.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also another good link for new people to look at is the Terms and Conditions of ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Welcome to ATS, hopefully we can shed some light on the survival movement for you. If you have questions please feel free to ask.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
I pity them all.

No pity for those in the cities, my neighbors who put in trampolines instead of gardens, those who think McDonalds is a good nutrition value, those who are afraid of weapons. No pity at all.

They make up their mind on how they will live, if you want to be part of the system, fine, but if the system crashes, too bad.

As far as Civil Warfare. Can certainly see that when the SHTF. Those in areas around cities or who dont know your neighbors, good luck. There will be hordes of people coming your way. An unprepared neighbor will become your enemy, your friends will quickly turn on you.

What to do? Think ahead. Identify those around you who think like you, get to know them, find those who will be problems, and figure out either how to avoid them or get rid of them. Defend your property, be it your home or retreat, dont give anything to anyone you dont trust without a fight.

Some areas will be worse than others. Areas with multiple large cities, more rural areas in the mountains wont be as bad, by the time the unprepareds get that far there will be fewer of them and you will be ready.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Ultimately they won't but that still makes it harder for us, so has anyone actually thought about their neighbours or the general population becoming feral and making your life that little bit harder ?

If the system does collapse, and civility is thrown to the wind, which could happen in just about any SitX, you may have to defend yourself from looters or other assailants that in normal every day life could be your neighbors or peers.

You may have to defend yourself. Priority 1 is to insure your survival and the survival of everyone you can should a SitX occur. And everyone will do it in thier own fashion.

I don't have the money or storage space to be able to help everyone, but informing, raising interest, and being a mentor to your neighbors on emergency preperation and home defense is a good way to at least lower the odds of infighting in your area, and insure that more people will walk away okay in the event of a disaster.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
People in general, be they from the city or the country are good at heart. Any time there is any sort of disaster, man made or natural, people come together like they never would have otherwise. Although there would be plenty of people who would take advantage of others and commit hellish acts to further their own wellfare, the vast majority of folks will come together for the better. Though I am from the rural south, I can honestly say that the good old country boys, will be the best prepared and the best help for all others. But this isn't a southern thing.......there's plenty of rural area in the north and all other areas of the country. Some may say I'm naive for having faith in the good side of peoples hearts, but any one who tries to stand alone through a SitX scenario, will be ill prepared in the long run. Any disaster will bring people together regardless of race or nationality or income level or neighborhood. The good will outnumber the bad in terms of numbers of people. But granted there will be plenty who suffer and fall victim to bad people. In time, the good people will prevail....and if we can't beleive this, we are already victims.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What a bunch of bull...

Katrina showed the world all there is to know about redkneck hicks and hillbillies and the faux "Christians" that abound in the rural areas. Especially the retrograde southern states.

And just what to expect of the local peasantry during a purported "situation X."

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

What a bunch of bull...

Katrina showed the world all there is to know about redkneck hicks and hillbillies and the faux "Christians" that abound in the rural areas. Especially the retrograde southern states.

And just what to expect of the local peasantry during a purported "situation X."

1. From what I saw, during katrina those redneck hicks were the ones who weren't stuck on their roofs or packed like sardines into the damn Superdome. It was the city dwellers who acted like animals in the zoo and had no idea what the hell to do.

2. No such thing as a local pleasantry if we find ourselves in a survival situation. I'll take care of my own and aside from that everyone can go screw. Bottom line to it is this, drop one of those redneck hicks off in the middle of the wild with a rifle and a good knife and drop a city boy with a manicure and his metrosexual clothes off in the same wild with the same gear... come back a month later and find the redneck doing pretty well for himself (but ready to kill for a shot and a chew) and the city boy dead 30 yards from the insertion zone, probably bitten by a snake, fallen off a short cliff, or accidentally stabbed in the ear when he mistook his knife for a cell phone.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonyAD

Out here in fly over country we know food comes from the
farm first, not the grocery store.

Also out here we know most of our neighbors and we are decent hard
working folk who do not tolerate thieves and almost all of us own guns
and we know how to use them.

The largest portion of medal of honor winners are from the south
not because we are dumb, but because a lot of us have courage
in the face of death.

If and when you see riots, looting, and fires in your cities if and when
things really star to fall apart like has happened in LA before, then
you might find the quiet rural life a little more appealing.

As for civil warfare we already see that in the inner cities from
time to time between the gangs, and drug dealers.

As a song once said, a country boy can survive.

Ex_MislTech

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What a bunch of bull...

Peasantry? Narrow-minded thinking like that is why i will not help MOST people from cities. This "peasant" could be the one to save your ass. If i was ever helping someone and they gave me a line of bulls**t like that i would take them out in the middle of the woods and leave them. If i didn't use a bullet on them right there. This "peasant" has the training to adapt and survive in any situation or terrain. Can you city folk say that without lying?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SonyAD

You're way off base there buddy. What good would you be to anyone if SHTF? Can you safely and effectively use a firearm? Are you capable of building a shelter with your bare hands and with whatever tools you have at your disposal? Do you know how to properly clean game? Do you know how to trap animals? And are you capable of growing your own crops?

I currently live right smack in the middle of the city, but at least I can answer "yes" to all of those questions. If the worst-case scenario happens, I and my family/friends will be hightailing it out of here and into the wilderness to start our own little community. You should be asking yourself, "what can I do?", because if you can't do a damn thing than you will have no use in a society that is basically plummeted back into the pioneer days.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I don't know how many of you read Soldier of Fortune magazine, but they have a section called the terrorism sitrep. It tells what has happened in various parts of the world involving terrorism and world events that affect the free nations. One section stated that the D.o.d. has warned of impending violence in the U.S. because the unemployment rate is still increasing.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ahhhh Let me tell you everything I know.

I moved to a rural area from a mid sized city stuck inbetween two metropolisies (San Antonio and Austin). I moved here for the large parcel of cheap land.

Previously when I lived in the country I was alone...Out here I have neighbors every quarter mile to mile...It suprised me how much traffic this road can get. At any rate I can tell ya that some of these country yockles are inbred hicks and some are ex-green berret who have traveled the world and chosen to settle here. BUT ALL HAVE BEEN HELPFUL!

I moved here one day before the worst ice storm all the locals and regional news media had ever seen, came to bear here. ... Knowing the forcast I got the lights turned on but when I called the gas company they said if we get to you then lucky you (AFTER TAKING MY MONEY)...I never got thte gas and was left in the cold for a week. My neighbor accross the street (Next neighbor is a quater mile one way and about a mile and a half the other way) came over to check on us, give us some propane that had been sold out at the local shops and generally made sure we were ok. As recently as last week my car battery died and I had three people offer me help before the first one could even bring his car around. .....

Just to say some hillbillies aint smart and some are smarter than you or I but all are helpful.

Now, as for what will go down SitX style... I see the depression gettiong worse (ARE YOU PEOPLE PAYING ATTENTION TO REIENHARDT YET!!!wired priate, google it!) Easy employment is dissapearing so people will pull on the family till family fails...the folks that grew up in the city only (like my wife) will likely seek Goverment assistence first....barring that they will look for food and work in the sub-urban areas first then the rurals.

And will will not treat outsiders as locals.

Bottom line, Your BOB is not good for long term survival. Your BOB is only supposed to sustain you to your bug out place. If you have no place to bug out too then your screwed.

It is possible to turn your own home into a Bug out spot, even in the city. However, that does require knowing your neighbor. In the city getting to know your neighbor is a chore. Out here in the country it is just what you do ...if you dont go to them then they will come to meet you and form their own opinion to spread around.

When its over...and the SIT has hit the fan... it will be the country folk that come out on top. Country folk are used to doing for themselves and they take pride in their personal liberty. Everyone is considered a threat but that doesnt excuse a person from being neighborly. Still, it will be the small towns with local comunity college annexs that come out on top because we have kind hearts, strong backs, and the books to help us do stuff when the internet fails...

it is coming differntlly for us than it did for titor. but it is still coming. The NWO powers that bee still seek more power and control and to get it they will starve us, slave us, and kill us, all to control us so as to feel a need for a control that they lack in their copulent lifestyles...the economy will get worse, if you listen to reinhardt you might be able to profit off of it.... I would try but I am poor.... I only have my 11 morgatged acres while my neighbors enjoy thier 90 paid for acers ....but what I got is mine and I would glady share it with anyone (City or country) who has a kind heart and a strong back.

Pay attention: You have 3 years left till poll shift and the ash cloud that will follow....the bombs will drop not long after that....you have 3 years to get ready for bear. Think of it as getting ready for a tornado that you know is coming and one that may last for a few years...

Find a nice small town. Move away from the city.

I was born in las vegas and I have seen L.A. to New York and every small town inbetwwen from the back of a touring motorcycle on tour from rally to rally. This is my advice to you. Get ready, your time really is growing short.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join