It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Senator Dan Patrick… “TEXAS NATIONAL GUARD ON ALERT

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

My bad, I misread your post...
You are right. The govt. isn't on our side - period.
This is a systematic and controlled collapse, from every angle.
And for the most part, NOBODY is the wiser.
Problem is, and like a few here have alluded to, I truly do think that it is falling too hard for their objectives.
Their obvious means will be to move interests into more "secure" markets, like the Chinese. However, if they can't come out of this unscathed, they WILL move to a hoaxed invasion scenario.
I know that this sounds far-fetched to people, but I emplore people to look into it with an open mind.
Many of the objectives of such a scenario are being fulfilled even today.

I just don't see much else as an option when we start dealing with talks of all out total systemic global economic collapse.
At that point, the Govt. pulls all the stops and we know they have the tech.

Just something to keep in mind, folks.
Watch the ramp-up of space talk.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

i was simply adding a counterpoint to the part of the thread where some were coming in thinking the texas govt. is on their side.

Yes, I know. I wasn't criticizing you at all. I'm glad you brought that point up on the thread. I'm just pointing out the counter-point of the political argument that Salon makes.
People that know me, realize that I have no use for either party. I don't think there's a dimes difference between them, when it really comes down to it. They talk a different story, but they WALK the same walk, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

However, if they can't come out of this unscathed, they WILL move to a hoaxed invasion scenario. I know that this sounds far-fetched to people, but I emplore people to look into it with an open mind.

Jay, it's not far-fetched at all. History proves that. Every time this country gets into a jam, it looks to war to get them out of it. It doesn't matter whether it's Republicans(both Bushes), or Democrats(FDR, Truman, Kennedy-LBJ).
In fact, it isn't even just the US. Germany was in an economic mess and instigated WWII. There was no real need for the US to go into WWI, either, but FDR egged the Japanese on, cornered them, and ....Pearl Harbor.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I did not read the whole thread ....(about half of it lol) ....did anyone bring up that this could be happening so we can merge with Mexico without the public being outraged about it (Texans dont like it ) but with a problem reaction solution scenerio they would not fight it ... ...

Yes, count up 6 posts above yours, where I did suggest just that. NAU-North American Union.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
no offense taken guys. im as curious and open minded as you all are about this. id like to hear more from people near the border come on here to help articulate what they see on the ground there or feel from the people. i think that perspective needs more exposure. its one thing to report what we hear from mediated sources like tv or the net and another thing living in that environment. i do have friends down in the valley area but i havent heard from them in awhile. one last person i spoke to said a lot of the heat was publicity generated and that there is a disconnect between whats being reported on the screens/ print and the ground... but that was awhile back.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by krossfyter]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Last night, I believe, maybe the night before, there were a few people from Texas who live near the border, that were saying that they hear gun shots frequently over the border. One mentioned that there was quite a bit of violence just over the border at several Mexican border towns.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here is another connection between the drug lords and our financial mess:

www.guardian.co.uk...

FBI investigates possible links with Mexico drug gang
The Observer, Sunday 22 February 2009

The FBI is probing possible money laundering linked to Mexico's infamous narco-trafficking Gulf Cartel in its investigation of Texan billionaire Sir Allen Stanford, US law enforcement sources have told the Observer.

An FBI source close to the investigation would not give exact details but confirmed the agency was looking at links to international drug gangs as part of the huge investigation into Stanford's banking activities. Reports in the US have said Mexican authorities have detained one of Stanford's private planes as part of an investigation into possible links to the Gulf Cartel. It has been alleged cheques found inside the plane were linked to the cartel, which is one of the most violent criminal organisations in the world.

Sources in the US Drug Enforcement Administration also confirmed that while the investigations into Stanford's affairs were "with the FBI and Securities Exchange Commission, there may well have been a trail connecting his Mexican affairs to narco-trafficking interests.

Of course, Stanford is the latest Madoff, and so far, over $8 billion seems to have disappeared from investor's accounts.

This news is breaking so fast, that it is hard to keep up with it, but notice how so many of the stories regarding the financial crisis are pointing to the Drug connection.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

More buried bodies found in NM desert, total at 10

yahoo

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Four more bodies have been uncovered from the mesa west of Albuquerque, including a fetus found inside its mother's skeleton, bringing the total remains found in the area to 10.
The search for bodies began 2 1/2 weeks ago after hikers discovered some remains in an area recently razed for a housing development.

Since then, teams of detectives, anthropologists and medical investigators have excavated an area 10 yards by 30 yards, uncovering some bones in graves and others scattered either by animals or the development project, Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz said Monday.

Police suspect one person is responsible for burying the bodies because of how close the bodies were found together in what was a remote area when the bodies were estimated to have been buried, between 2000 and 2005.

Only one set of remains has been identified. Those bones belonged to Victoria Chavez, whose family provided dental records when they reported her missing in 2004. They and police have described Chavez as struggling with drug addiction and working as a prostitute.

I know this is not Texas, but it just was on the front page of yahoo and is connected to the Drugs coming across.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Yes, and you know it has to be bad, when the State Department issued a travel warning to Americans about traveling to Mexico.
www.washingtonpost.com...

MEXICO CITY, Feb. 20 -- The latest travel advisory for Mexico from the U.S. State Department will certainly not please the tourist board. Rather than a glossy brochure advertising the country's many delights, the travel alert issued Friday reads like the plot of a crime thriller. "Recent Mexican army and police confrontations with drug cartels have resembled small-unit combat, with cartels employing automatic weapons and grenades," the advisory reads. "Large firefights have taken place in many towns and cities across Mexico but most recently in northern Mexico, including Tijuana, Chihuahua City and Ciudad Juarez. During some of these incidents, U.S. citizens have been trapped and temporarily prevented from leaving the area."

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Here is another twist and might give a little insight as to changes at Fox.

Here is tommorows headlines.
Don't ask me to post a link. I get insider stuff the night before.

Peter Chernin exits News Corp.
Murdoch take reins of Fox film and TV ops

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I heard about it earlier this evening. It's been on Forbes:

www.forbes.com...

Chernin To Leave News Corp. Post Dorothy Pomerantz, 02.23.09, 07:30 PM EST After more than a decade as Rupert Murdoch's right-hand man, the head of Fox is off to start a production company. Peter Chernin pic LOS ANGELES--Hollywood is abuzz that Peter Chernin, president and chief operating officer of News Corp., is stepping down. The 57-year-old Chernin has been at the center of speculation for months as negotiations over his contract, which was up for renewal June 30, have languished. The uncertainty has helped push News Corp.'s (nyse: NWS - news - people ) stock down 40% since the beginning of the year. Though it is far from the only factor weighing on the share price, his departure will make questions about the future of the company's successful entertainment and technology divisions even more urgent.
Chernin's exit will leave a big void in Fox's Hollywood presence. He is one of the most respected executives in entertainment. In a memo announcing that Chernin would not be renewing his contract, News Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch described him as "a close colleague and an ally to me for many years."

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by brohes

Are you serious? Read the CATO report. This is true, we are only hearing rumors and bits and pieces. Did you see Patrick on Fox? It is really really and you really need to stop sipping the kool aid my firend. It's clouding your thought processes.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Living in south central New Mexico, what's going on at the boarders is all but too real...

www.elpasotimes.com...

Border fence suit to be heard in El Paso
www.elpasotimes.com...

Homeland Security official affirms Mexican drug cartel violence has spilled over into Texas
www.elpasotimes.com...

Mexico authorities hunt gangs after killings
www.elpasotimes.com...

Juárez vigilante group voices support for army
www.elpasotimes.com...

Death threats against Juárez police put force on high alert
www.elpasotimes.com...

Juárez police chief quitsMan who allegedly hit border agent with truck is shotFeb 20:
No verdict yet in gun-smuggling trial2nd town council member is slainFeb 19:
Body found smoldering in JuárezJuarez bridge protesters

And the list goes on. Just click on one of the links above and do a search in The El Paso Times and checkout the other border town papers such as Laredo,Tx-(real hotspot), Brownsville,Tx., Yuma, Az. and others that maybe someone else here on ATS can shead some light on

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
personally i think that the border states should be put on emergency alert, and to tell all the people living within 10 miles of the border to arm themselves and to detain anyone they suspect is illegal and to shoot anyone that does not comply.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Could the Pharmacology Giants have any play in this also?

It is pretty common knowledge that U.S. Citizens like to go down south of the border and pick up their prescriptions on the cheap. It is also well known that these Cartels pump those prescription drug up into the states to the black market and that is a whole lot of money they are missing out on.

You know you don't want to make big Pharmacy mad now do you??

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You can purchase prescription pharmaceuticals, (that are not used for recreational purposes), for 1/4 of the cost that you would north of the border. We pay many times the price for U.S. manufactured prescription drugs than people in the rest of the world do. Liquor is so cheap on the other side that I will carry the legal limit (2 bottles) across 2 or 3 days in a row, and I don't drink but on rare occasions. Marlboro cigarettes are $5.00 a carton. There is always going to be contraband coming across the border when there is such large discrepancies in the prices between both sides of the border.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

You can purchase prescription pharmaceuticals, (that are not used for recreational purposes), for 1/4 of the cost that you would north of the border.

How can people be sure that they are not counterfeit drugs?
There seem to be quite a few suggestions that most are.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
finally! it's about damn time. and fox and all their complicit media cohorts need to stop sugarcoating if not plain ignoring what's going on down there.

i am kind of laughing though at the spin they put on this. it's happening because bush is gone not because obama is in office. what a bunch of tards...both fox and this senator who should really know better. disgraceful.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

am kind of laughing though at the spin they put on this. it's happening because bush is gone not because obama is in office. what a bunch of tards...both fox and this senator who should really know better. disgraceful.

I believe it's happening because the government is involved in the drugs, and that this is all part of a master plan to ensure the formation of the NAU.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here is the latest confirmation that violence on the border has spread to the US:

www.elpasotimes.com...

Homeland Security official affirms Mexican drug cartel violence has spilled over into Texas
Posted: 02/24/2009 12:00:00 AM MST
AUSTIN -- Violence from Mexican drug cartels has spilled over into Texas, state Homeland Security Director Steve McCraw said Monday.

"Yes, absolutely it has occurred; there's no question about it," McCraw said after a hearing before the House Committee on Border and International Affairs.

McCraw answered lawmakers' questions about Gov. Rick Perry's request for another $135 million for border security operations on the same day Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott asked lawmakers for a new tool to help bring down transnational gangs that threaten border communities.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join